Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

TopCat

The draw in full............

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle

Celtic v St Mirren

Hearts or Hibernian v Ayr United or Clyde

Rangers v Dunfermline Athletic or Hamilton Academical

II don't know how many of the games are televised,I'm thinking at least 2 and maybe 3.There's not a "must watch" game amongst them.

It's a good draw for our new signings who probably never thought they'd go to a big club and stadium like that when they signed for us, given our current predicament. Just hope they do themselves justice and avoid a skelping. Bet East Fife would have fancied the £££s, so that will be good for us. Footballing wise, this fixture is no longer a fair fight. Christ, they just skelped ICT by 6, and they used to be a big strong outfit who were hard to break down. Now they're just diddies. This could get ugly. Hope Celtic aren't on it that day.

Edited by pozbaird

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

We are pretty much guaranteed to lose this, but for me, it comes down to how Brendan Rodgers plays it. If he sends out anything approaching a full team and they're up for it, it will be ugly beyond words. If he sees this as an opportunity to rest swathes of first teamers and makes eight or nine changes, if WE are up for it, shouldn't be too bad. Gulp.

He'll play a full strength squad, why would he use this game to rest players when it's the only thing they have left to play for this season?

Does anyone know what the crowd was yesterday for them against ICT? Can't find it anywhere. 

Also those saying it's a terrible draw, it's probably the best we could get! Biggest money maker we could get and if we drew anyone else bar (Clyde/ Ayr) we'd likely of went out anyway.

The draw in full............

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle

Celtic v St Mirren

Hearts or Hibernian v Ayr United or Clyde

Rangers v Dunfermline Athletic or Hamilton Academical

II don't know how many of the games are televised,I'm thinking at least 2 and maybe 3.There's not a "must watch" game amongst them.

Sky show two ties with BBC getting one. I'm guessing Sky will nab both OF ties so it's the pub for me.

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Sky show two ties with BBC getting one. I'm guessing Sky will nab both OF ties so it's the pub for me.

This.

Normally 3 QF on TV with one Saturday 3 o'clock kick off.

Although sure I read somewhere previously BBC get first choice before Sky so if they do opposite from this weekend Celtic/Saints on Sky Rangers on BBC.

Looks likely Saturday 12.30/Sunday 12.30/Sunday 2.30 or 3.00 for this match.

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

He'll play a full strength squad, why would he use this game to rest players when it's the only thing they have left to play for this season?

Does anyone know what the crowd was yesterday for them against ICT? Can't find it anywhere. 

Also those saying it's a terrible draw, it's probably the best we could get! Biggest money maker we could get and if we drew anyone else bar (Clyde/ Ayr) we'd likely of went out anyway.

A Sellik supporting mate tells me he played a full strength team against Albion Rovers in the cup. The only reason I can see him making changes is to give squad members, such as Ciftci etc? some action. A big team manager has a big squad, and guys looking to get a game. Maybe to keep a happy squad he'll give fringe players a shot? 

52 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

If we want to win the cup then we have to beat them some time! A huge slice of luck and us playing out our skins... you never know. On the plus side a good earner for us.

only if on the Saturday, if sunday the ROI supporters wont travel

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A Sellik supporting mate tells me he played a full strength team against Albion Rovers in the cup. The only reason I can see him making changes is to give squad members, such as Ciftci etc? some action. A big team manager has a big squad, and guys looking to get a game. Maybe to keep a happy squad he'll give fringe players a shot? 

listen, he could play Celtic LADIES and we`d struggle..........

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

don't agree with that, we`d have half a chance away to either dunfermlione/Hamilton/partick and confident we`d beat rangers at home............Sevco must be most relieved club they`ve avoided celtic

5 hours ago, Drew said:

I recall a season in the SPL when we seemed to be playing Motherwell every other week.  I think Gus was the manager at the time.

Yes Drew , I think wee Anxious liked that because we became Mothercares bogey team around that time . .they could even score two and we would still pull it back and beat them , it was almost sublime. . 

Anyway , Taxdodgers versus Soapdodgers , that was funny. .

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

Just googled there, says gate receipts are shared equally minus the standard 10% retained by the home team for running costs, so even 25,000 x £20ave is £225k for saints

Minus VAT and it wont all be adult paying. Large part of the crowd will be paying concession prices. I reckon around £150K for us plus telly money if we are lucky.