it's Celtic in the Next Round

St.Ricky

lol really you need an explanation

Jack had to work with the shambles of a squad that was assembled by the previous manager now he's had the difficult January transfer window to do what he could to finally get a decent working squad together

Sorry mate. I'm just not buying this "shambles of a squad" nonsense. JR inherited a squad that should be nowhere near the bottom of the league and had most people on here guaranteeing us a playoff spot. It took a massive squad turnover to get us going. Appreciate the explanation though. [emoji106]

I think we need to forget that Rodgers quote. Nice compliment, but doesn't give us a god given right to win games. No resting on our laurels - hard work is the only thing that will keep us up.

That quote will keep our confidence up instead off feeling deflated .No matter how you think that's a very good compliment and should keep the boys heads up instead of feeling sorry for themselves.

8 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Sorry mate. I'm just not buying this "shambles of a squad" nonsense. JR inherited a squad that should be nowhere near the bottom of the league and had most people on here guaranteeing us a playoff spot. It took a massive squad turnover to get us going. Appreciate the explanation though. emoji106.png

You'll be one of the few then.

That quote will keep our confidence up instead off feeling deflated .No matter how you think that's a very good compliment and should keep the boys heads up instead of feeling sorry for themselves.

The quote means nothing. It gets us no points, no wins, won't help us survive. Only hard work, motivation, determination and wins will do that.

I don't want to look back on this as being the point where we believed our own hype and thought we didn't have to work for wins. I am confident the manager won't let that happen, but wish Rodgers hadn't said that nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

The quote means nothing. It gets us no points, no wins, won't help us survive. Only hard work, motivation, determination and wins will do that.

I don't want to look back on this as being the point where we believed our own hype and thought we didn't have to work for wins. I am confident the manager won't let that happen, but wish Rodgers hadn't said that nonetheless.

Indeed.

Astonishing people are slavering over Rodgers when if he'd said anything close to negative he would be slagged as some sort of imbecile. :lol:

As you say, it's a nothing quote.

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Would you rather Mr Rogers come out and say that's why there at the bottom off the championship they are the worst team in Scotland ?. He came out and said what he said because he saw what we all saw a team fighting and working hard from first whistle to last 

Would you rather Mr Rogers come out and say that's why there at the bottom off the championship they are the worst team in Scotland ?. He came out and said what he said because he saw what we all saw a team fighting and working hard from first whistle to last 

Where did I say I wasn't pleased with the quote? It's a nice plaudit, but ultimately means nothing in terms of results, wins and survival, which is my point.

Thanks for the compliment, but we need to keep on it, working hard and busting a gut.

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It doesn't mean "nothing" if some or all of the players respond positively to another comment from an opposition manager on how well they played.

I'm sure they know that and have been told so by our manager, but every little helps.

We need to grab on to anything that will keep our confidence up and this will help in my opinion

You're entitled to your opinion.
Mine is that our performances and results will keep our confidence up, not plaudits from opposition managers. Hard work will keep positive performances and results coming.

It doesn't mean "nothing" if some or all of the players respond positively to another comment from an opposition manager on how well they played.
I'm sure they know that and have been told so by our manager, but every little helps.

In my opinion it means nothing. It's up to us to keep performances and results positive. Praise is welcome, but irrelevant.

It's no coincidence that managers like Rodgers are praising Jack Ross's tactical awareness.
Have a feeling you will be 1 of the armchair fans with egg on the face come the end of the season.
Jack Ross, what a guy.

' this ship has sank'

2 hours ago, Big Jake said:

There would've been a lot more tickets sold than that. A few in my work bought tickets but had no intention of going and have done so in previous rounds. They are just trying to guarantee a final ticket.

The cnuts hadn't even reached the semis never mind the final. Mon' the Dons... or Hibs. :D

I slagged Mallan's loose pass that put us under real pressure which caused Stelios the goal machine to bring down a Sellik player... but it was Mallan's precision quick free kick to feet that allowed a quick cross for our goal. No real blame attached to any one player then. They all put a shift in.

Apparently, and I haven't checked yet, only two teams have went in ahead at half time in their midden this season - Barcelona and St Mirren.

Over the first 60 minutes we were the better side going forward. Missed out on a second goal by a fraction just before Cektic equalised.  In the end,  the Celtic squad were too strong. Not surprised at the final score but pleasantly surprised at out first hour. Listened to a number of Cektic fans saying that this had been the best test they had at home this season.  I take that as a compliment. 

It's no coincidence that managers like Rodgers are praising Jack Ross's tactical awareness.
Have a feeling you will be 1 of the armchair fans with egg on the face come the end of the season.
Jack Ross, what a guy.

I'm a big fan of Jack Ross and have always wanted him to do well with us.

However to pick you up on your comments, I remember Dick Advocat praising Tom Hendrie in a similar way.

However I'm with you and backing JR to become a successful manager. I just hope he stays with us long enough to get us out this league first.