The Dead As A Damned Dodo Thread

Undertaker

Gerald Kaufman MP (86) - career politician.

Pretty much a career politician, party functionary then a Junior Minister during the Wilson/Callaghan governments about 1000 years ago but was too old and unsexy by the time Blair got into power. Probably most famous for his about turn on Israel calling it a "pariah state" for it's treatment of the Palestinians. Liked a bauble too, especially if it could be deemed a legitimate Parliamentary expense.

With a by-election to come I suspect Labour Party leaders are wishing they'd replaced him with a younger person.

Do Jews believe in an afterlife?

RIP

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Gerald Kaufman MP (86) - career politician.

Pretty much a career politician, party functionary then a Junior Minister during the Wilson/Callaghan governments about 1000 years ago but was too old and unsexy by the time Blair got into power. Probably most famous for his about turn on Israel calling it a "pariah state" for it's treatment of the Palestinians. Liked a bauble too, especially if it could be deemed a legitimate Parliamentary expense.

With a by-election to come I suspect Labour Party leaders are wishing they'd replaced him with a younger person.

Do Jews believe in an afterlife?

RIP

Simply type 'do Jews believe in an afterlife' into Google search. Have a quick scan at the top hits. The answer seems to be 'aye, naw, mibbes aye, mibbes naw, could be, naw, definitely naw, aye, sort of....yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah... my personal belief? - who the fcuk knows, we'll all find out one day, so until then, get fcuking on with life...

I'm surprised 'the gospel according to poz' isn't more popular amongst Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, and those who put the ram in ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong.

No-one knows. Fact. Anyone on here know? The afterlife? What's it like if it exists? Spill the beans.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Simply type 'do Jews believe in an afterlife' into Google search. Have a quick scan at the top hits. The answer seems to be 'aye, naw, mibbes aye, mibbes naw, could be, naw, definitely naw, aye, sort of....yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah... my personal belief? - who the fcuk knows, we'll all find out one day, so until then, get fcuking on with life...

I'm surprised 'the gospel according to poz' isn't more popular amongst Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, and those who put the ram in ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong.

No-one knows. Fact. Anyone on here know? The afterlife? What's it like if it exists? Spill the beans.

After life you say. . More like one big life with a new body picked up every now and again. .

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Undertaker said:

Roger Hynd 

Age 75

Former Motherwell Manager 

RIP 

A friend of mine, sadly no longer with us, went all through Jordanhill College with Roger Hynd. Apparently he was a fitness fanatic who did all kinds of crazy things. His piece de resistance was to pile a mountain of gymnastic equipment in the gymnasium, almost all the way up to the roof and he would then run up to it, spring off a trampette and to a forward roll over the equipment, almost scraping the roof and then landing on his feet unscathed on the other side. Nobody else dared try it which always surprised me because back then a lot of those would-be PT teachers were half daft.

Another story about him, probably apochryphal, was that when he visited such places as The Locarno or The Majestic, his chat up line was 'Fancy a shag?' Of course the retort was that he got an awful lot of slaps but almost as many shags.

He was rubbish with Rangers but he did seem to have a decent career with Birmingham. RIP anyway, Roger.

18 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Afterlife, schmafterlife - I know they don't roll on Shabbos!

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bruce Forsyth

age 89

Tv presenter, dancer, celebrity

R.I.... hold it... aw jings it was jist a heavy cold.

I just said tae mah wummin, "I don't believe it!".

Brucie's gaunie stick round long enough to see Sevco win 55...

points... or Strictlies or whatever it is that  they're after...  :unsure: