It's 2100

salmonbuddie

More worryingly, Trawsfynydd in North Wales (near Mount Snowdon so quite high up) is the only nuclear station still above water. Don't eat the (three-eyed) fish, is my advice if any of my great, and great-great, grandkids are reading this...

5 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I watched a programme in the 8ts that showed map projections like that , for the year 2000 ! They also predicted other dire situations for the turn of the century e.g that we would have ran out of vital minerals such as copper. . scare mongering has been popular for some time. .

How about this for scaremongering, we'll all be deid by 2100. 

This will of course affect the travel clubs.  An away trip will look like this

The Cockles Wilson supporters boat to East Stirling will be leaving Central canal way at 1100hrs.  Please be on board for 1045hrs for the safety demonstration.  We will disembark at the Stirling pub quay for a ration of rum or two prior to this crucial Scottish tenth division clash.  

Could members also note that the fixtures to Dumbarton are now cancelled as all that remains are the tip of the rock and its not big enough enough to play football on.  

Edited by TediousTom

14 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

More worryingly, Trawsfynydd in North Wales (near Mount Snowdon so quite high up) is the only nuclear station still above water. Don't eat the (three-eyed) fish, is my advice if any of my great, and great-great, grandkids are reading this...

Be it a decommissioned one. https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2009/dec/21/snowdonia-nuclear-power-station-wales-architecture

Nice around that area. Stayed in Porthmadog while working at power station with BK.

Couple of years yet before it's into Care & Maintenance, pod.

Nice around that area. Stayed in Porthmadog while working at power station with BK.

Dinorwic? That was my first project, a few months shy of 40 years ago, now.