Latest Scores

FTOF

Get home from work and find...

Switzerland 5-2 Belgium, after Belgium were 2-0 up...

Too tired to read up on it right now but f**k knows what happened to throw that one away. I'll try find out tomorrow. Swiss edge the place in the finals over us on GD or H2H or whatever. Iceland relegated after gaining f**k all.

Guest TPAFKATS
Get home from work and find...
Switzerland 5-2 Belgium, after Belgium were 2-0 up...
Too tired to read up on it right now but f**k knows what happened to throw that one away. I'll try find out tomorrow. Swiss edge the place in the finals over us on GD or H2H or whatever. Iceland relegated after gaining f**k all.
I stopped watching at 0-2 uttering the classic line "this could end up a hiding unless Belgium ease up" [emoji3]

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I stopped watching at 0-2 uttering the classic line "this could end up a hiding unless Belgium ease up" emoji3.png

Thing is that should have been the case. The Swiss are known for defending well first and foremost, by going 2-0 up we would have ripped their gameplan apart. Its abysmal to have f**ked that up, and in some style too. Looks like Boyata in particular is getting the big criticism but Kompany is receiving plenty too. Still not actually had a chance to see for myself what happened.

Guest TPAFKATS
Thing is that should have been the case. The Swiss are known for defending well first and foremost, by going 2-0 up we would have ripped their gameplan apart. Its abysmal to have f**ked that up, and in some style too. Looks like Boyata in particular is getting the big criticism but Kompany is receiving plenty too. Still not actually had a chance to see for myself what happened.
The martinez effect?

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This doesn't surprise me as Boyata is a bomb scare.

Kompany hasn't, as far as I'm aware, been playing regularly so that could be an issue right there. 

PS Aye, I was right, Kompany has played 113 minutes in the last 5 Man City games, not being trusted against Liverpool, Spurs & Man Utd, only playing against Burnley & Southampton.

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
11 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The martinez effect?

In fairness Martinez has been excellent with us. I had my concerns about his tactics and formations leading into the QF against Brazil but he surprised me with his changes and pulled off a great result that night. We haven't really f**ked up until now under him. Questions must be asked of him but it's the players who blew it.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This doesn't surprise me as Boyata is a bomb scare.

Kompany hasn't, as far as I'm aware, been playing regularly so that could be an issue right there. 

PS Aye, I was right, Kompany has played 113 minutes in the last 5 Man City games, not being trusted against Liverpool, Spurs & Man Utd, only playing against Burnley & Southampton.

Boyata has been a weak link since he started playing for us, not sure why they aren't chancing Denayer, Kabasele or Engels. Would much rather see Kabasele in there. Your stats on Kompany are fair game and probably key to him being poor against the Swiss. Defensive depth is an area we lack in right now.

14 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In fairness Martinez has been excellent with us. I had my concerns about his tactics and formations leading into the QF against Brazil but he surprised me with his changes and pulled off a great result that night. We haven't really f**ked up until now under him. Questions must be asked of him but it's the players who blew it.

Boyata has been a weak link since he started playing for us, not sure why they aren't chancing Denayer, Kabasele or Engels. Would much rather see Kabasele in there. Your stats on Kompany are fair game and probably key to him being poor against the Swiss. Defensive depth is an area we lack in right now.

Aye, extremely unfair to start pointing at the manager when you take into account what he's done. 

Of course, like all managers, he's got a part to play but when the players make an arse of it, like the recent Scotland game in Israel, there's not much he can do. 

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

United seem to have a manager who can get a lot of under performing diddys winning games. 

They're not even "his" players. 

About time they found a manager that can win a few games in that division. I'd imagine their budget is considerably more than any other team in the Championship.

"His" players jibe is a poor remark. 

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

About time they found a manager that can win a few games in that division. I'd imagine their budget is considerably more than any other team in the Championship.

"His" players jibe is a poor remark. 

Is it?

It's used to defend our manager at every turn.

It demonstrates, IMO, a manager can improve players and get more from them, no matter who signed them. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Is it?

It's used to defend our manager at every turn.

It demonstrates, IMO, a manager can improve players and get more from them, no matter who signed them. 

I know what you were suggesting. In some of the games since OK arrived we've looked miles better i.e. Celtic,Killie, Hibs,Rangers and looked alright against Dundee. Unfortunately we don't have the wins that some of the performances merited. 

Dundee United stringing a few results together in the Championship with their far superior wage budget is not really a fair comparison. 

I'll judge OK's performance and team come the end of the season. 

And it was 4-2 United,  not 3.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

I know what you were suggesting. In some of the games since OK arrived we've looked miles better i.e. Celtic,Killie, Hibs,Rangers and looked alright against Dundee. Unfortunately we don't have the wins that some of the performances merited. 

Dundee United stringing a few results together in the Championship with their far superior wage budget is not really a fair comparison. 

I'll judge OK's performance and team come the end of the season. 

And it was 4-2 United,  not 3.

And it wasn't me that posted the score. :P

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Haud on and I will check the Thread title. :D

How did it finish ? 

If you'd added more detail (time of the score) then there wouldn't have been any confusion, ya trumpet. :P

Anyhow, it's been noted it could have been the latest score.

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

To be fair it might of been the latest score.