Latest Scores

FTOF

12 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Ajax were really unlucky to lose the first leg. They've got an exciting young team who are on course to score over 100 goals in the league this year.

It's good see one of the traditional top sides getting some success in the Champions League, in an era when it's become about who has got the biggest TV deal.

Wish Gus and the team were scouting guys of this quality - it would have to be at an earlier stage than the Ajax 1st team though - but I am fine with that.

I do miss hearing the old pronunciations of this team - the best one was always the cleaning powder ..  :happyclapper

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Wish Gus and the team were scouting guys of this quality - it would have to be at an earlier stage than the Ajax 1st team though - but I am fine with that.

I do miss hearing the old pronunciations of this team - the best one was always the cleaning powder ..  :happyclapper

VIM ??????? B)

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As some of the posters in that thread pointed out, he hasn't  always had the full support of the Sunderland fans over the last couple of months. Could all turn again if they miss out on the ultimate goal of promotion.

Guest TPAFKATS
As some of the posters in that thread pointed out, he hasn't  always had the full support of the Sunderland fans over the last couple of months. Could all turn again if they miss out on the ultimate goal of promotion.
If he doesn't get them promoted this season he won't be there next season.

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
35 minutes ago, john scott said:

If he doesn't get them promoted this season he won't be there next season.

I so hope he's not there long, nor Lewis  Morgan for that matter. Both did fantastically well for saints but as a Newcastle  and StMirren fan I'm very uncomfortable  with  the SAFC links as you'd  imagine.

3 hours ago, john scott said:

So unless you’ve got the support of all of the fans, all of the time, then your coat is on a shoogly peg? Nonsense. Ross is rightly lauded by the majority of Sunderland fans. Saying the fans might turn on him if they don’t get promoted is a work of art in stating the obvious. It’s a bit will saying Rangers fans will turn on Gerrard if they don’t finish in the top 6. True but bloody unlikely.  Sunderland will get promoted because they have s bloody good manager who is going to get them there. 

By your own admission, as a Newcastle fan (never did understand the concept of supporting two football teams by the way) you are never going to say anything positive about Sunderland. 

18 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That thread appears to suggest that a recent good result has temporarily got the boo boys off his back and that all it will take is another bad result for the flak to return.

So thanks for proving my point. :rolleyes:

If JR doesn't get Sunderland promoted - and they are currently outside the automatic promotion spots - then his jacket is almost certainly on a shoogly nail.

He's at the biggest club in that division with by far and away the biggest budget. Anything less than promotion is failure.

36 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

That thread appears to suggest that a recent good result has temporarily got the boo boys off his back and that all it will take is another bad result for the flak to return.

So thanks for proving my point. :rolleyes:

If JR doesn't get Sunderland promoted - and they are currently outside the automatic promotion spots - then his jacket is almost certainly on a shoogly nail.

He's at the biggest club in that division with by far and away the biggest budget. Anything less than promotion is failure.

The point I’m making is that it is (in my opinion) pointless to say if they don’t get promoted his job will be on the line. That’s just an obvious statement of fact. That doesn’t mean his coat is on s shoogly peg at the moment. Mainly because (again in my opinion) Sunderland will comfortably get promoted. Time will tell.