Latest Scores

FTOF

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The point I’m making is that it is (in my opinion) pointless to say if they don’t get promoted his job will be on the line. That’s just an obvious statement of fact. That doesn’t mean his coat is on s shoogly peg at the moment. Mainly because (again in my opinion) Sunderland will comfortably get promoted. Time will tell. 

The Sunderland supporters as proven by the Netflix documentry are the most fickle on the planet. Quite a few are Small minded twats ....... when in the PL half left at HT, crowds way down in Chamionship by 35%, and of course because the Toon are 2 leagues above them they just hate everyone. It was a brave move by Jack as in budget terms they are not the biggest. Dreadful mismanagement cost the club so dear, but they were never more than a yoyo club

They arent a big club as in Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wed, Leeds, Forrest, Derby or Middlesbrough. A past glory of a flucky cup win in 1973. No European History and never even been close to top 8. Dreadful club. Hope Jack gets them up then dumps them as they clearly havent the mindet or true fanbase  to make it.

Anyway, every been to sunderland FFS- Toilet of England ....................... even Nissan are falling out with them , needs a population transplant  

15 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So unless you’ve got the support of all of the fans, all of the time, then your coat is on a shoogly peg? Nonsense. Ross is rightly lauded by the majority of Sunderland fans. Saying the fans might turn on him if they don’t get promoted is a work of art in stating the obvious. It’s a bit will saying Rangers fans will turn on Gerrard if they don’t finish in the top 6. True but bloody unlikely.  Sunderland will get promoted because they have s bloody good manager who is going to get them there. 

By your own admission, as a Newcastle fan (never did understand the concept of supporting two football teams by the way) you are never going to say anything positive about Sunderland. 

I haven't suggested JRs' job should be in any danger. In response to you saying JR seemed popular in the RTG thread i merely pointed out that before a recent upturn in results there were SAFC fans who were doubting him. Even quotes in that thread, from Sunderland fans  said so. Many a caller to radio Newcastles' nightly football phone in doubted him. I won't say anything positive about SAFC but i will be honest. There's every chance they'll go up but i think even Sunderland fans would admit it's hardly a given. Don't have to explain myself but to help you understand the concept i'm a season ticket holder at NUFC but occasionally watch saints on free weekends and have done since the age of sixteen, 35 years ago. Different league, different country, don't compete with each other so it's fine by me and i'll continue to do what i enjoy.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He, the one you replied to, is an attention seeking twat.

If Sunderland win their game in hand they are in the automatic promotion spot . . .

Tough league, but we know from first hand experience JR knows how to win a league. With Morgan and Grigg getting goals, they will surely be in with a good shout !

1 hour ago, john scott said:

I haven't suggested JRs' job should be in any danger. In response to you saying JR seemed popular in the RTG thread i merely pointed out that before a recent upturn in results there were SAFC fans who were doubting him. Even quotes in that thread, from Sunderland fans  said so. Many a caller to radio Newcastles' nightly football phone in doubted him. I won't say anything positive about SAFC but i will be honest. There's every chance they'll go up but i think even Sunderland fans would admit it's hardly a given. Don't have to explain myself but to help you understand the concept i'm a season ticket holder at NUFC but occasionally watch saints on free weekends and have done since the age of sixteen, 35 years ago. Different league, different country, don't compete with each other so it's fine by me and i'll continue to do what i enjoy.

Sorry JS, although on reflection it may have sounded like it, I wasn’t having a go about the 2 clubs thing, just merely stating a fact that I don’t understand the concept. I couldn’t give a shit about any other club side, regardless of what country or league they play in. Supporting a football team to me is driven by a sense of belonging i.e. the club belongs to me because I’m from Paisley. It falls into the same category for me as not understanding people who don’t support their home town team (assuming they have one of course). Your allegiance to Newcastle is obvious. Out of nothing more than curiosity, what is your link with St. Mirren?

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry JS, although on reflection it may have sounded like it, I wasn’t having a go about the 2 clubs thing, just merely stating a fact that I don’t understand the concept. I couldn’t give a shit about any other club side, regardless of what country or league they play in. Supporting a football team to me is driven by a sense of belonging i.e. the club belongs to me because I’m from Paisley. It falls into the same category for me as not understanding people who don’t support their home town team (assuming they have one of course). Your allegiance to Newcastle is obvious. Out of nothing more than curiosity, what is your link with St. Mirren?

Naturally there's a  difference  in the levels of affinity with the 2 clubs and that sense of belonging you mentioned means I'm affected more by what happens at NUFC. Its my local team and therefore  my 1st love. Having said that I've  loved my experiences with the saints over the years. It's the 1st other score I look out for and I've generally got to at least half a dozen saints games a season. Only done one so far this season. TBH the affection of saints fans for Jack Ross,  Lewis Morgan etc, and to a certain extent SAFC because that's  where they are just now is putting me off a bit.  My saints interest stems from a few weeks spent with a schoolmate and his aunt in Bridge of Weir in 1983. Didn't  even know where St Mirren played before  I went and my only knowledge  of them were the team in black and white at the back of my panini sticker album. Got to about 3 saints games in that time as well as watching other games in the area. Loved everything about the club. Love Street was great. Seen a draw at ibrox at new year and loved the way we held the 'big' boys. Should that be bigot boys? ☺ COYS.

8 minutes ago, john scott said:

Naturally there's a  difference  in the levels of affinity with the 2 clubs and that sense of belonging you mentioned means I'm affected more by what happens at NUFC. Its my local team and therefore  my 1st love. Having said that I've  loved my experiences with the saints over the years. It's the 1st other score I look out for and I've generally got to at least half a dozen saints games a season. Only done one so far this season. TBH the affection of saints fans for Jack Ross,  Lewis Morgan etc, and to a certain extent SAFC because that's  where they are just now is putting me off a bit.  My saints interest stems from a few weeks spent with a schoolmate and his aunt in Bridge of Weir in 1983. Didn't  even know where St Mirren played before  I went and my only knowledge  of them were the team in black and white at the back of my panini sticker album. Got to about 3 saints games in that time as well as watching other games in the area. Loved everything about the club. Love Street was great. Seen a draw at ibrox at new year and loved the way we held the 'big' boys. Should that be bigot boys? ☺ COYS.

So what you’re saying is when we inevitably meet in the Champions League you’ll be supporting the Toon! :D

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So what you’re saying is when we inevitably meet in the Champions League you’ll be supporting the Toon! :D

THAT, of course, is fantasy.

who could ever imagine Newcastle being in the Champions League?  :whistle

Good Day for Buddies - how are the knicker wetters holding up?

Both rivals beaten and having 3 players booked.

Any positive result against Killie and we leap above Dee.

Oh. and the Fakes continue their poor form - hoping that continues for 1 more game . . .  :D

Delighted for Robbie Neilson picking up another defeat today. And what about superstar Cammy Smith still struggling to make any sort of mark in the Championship still?

I suspect ICT will gain ground during the rest of the season, but the league is County's if they keep their form going . . .

Who will be in the play-off? Take your pick from ICT, Utd, Dung-fermline, or Ayr   :D