Latest Scores

FTOF

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Final table, makes tragic reading, 3rd in a group that was on a plate.

Never mind, always next year.

Team P GD Pts
1   Dunfermline 4 10 9
2   Albion 4 -4 7
3   St Mirren 4 0 6
4   East Kilbride 4 -4 5
5   Edinburgh City 4 -2 3

Well done the Pars. 

Scored for fun. 

Why get worked up ??

The games that really matter don't start until next Saturday. 

God knows we've been utterly rubbish thus far but a huge reality check has surely registered with GLS et al that must have confirmed what exactly needs to be done (urgently) to get the wheels back on the bus.

No need for us fans to panic at the moment because our BoD are hopefully already panicking on our behalf. 

They just need to get it f**king sorted in the next 7 days  !!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Why get worked up ??

The games that really matter don't start until next Saturday. 

God knows we've been utterly rubbish thus far but a huge reality check has surely registered with GLS et al that must have confirmed what exactly needs to be done (urgently) to get the wheels back on the bus.

No need for us fans to panic at the moment because our BoD are hopefully already panicking on our behalf. 

They just need to get it f**king sorted in the next 7 days  !!!!!!!

Aye, the league cup disnae matter.

People paying to watch the games are wasting their money.

The club don;t need the money from the league cup.

Ach, aye ok, you win.......................real games start next week. :toilet

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the league cup disnae matter.

People paying to watch the games are wasting their money.

The club don;t need the money from the league cup.

Ach, aye ok, you win.......................real games start next week. :toilet

Seriously Arbroathybaws ?

Those LC ties obviously didnae matter a f**k to our BoD other than for match-fitness purposes. Otherwise they would have got their signings in sooner.

Any of our fans attending those games were deluded if they thought they were watching a competitive football match.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Those LC ties obviously didnae matter a f**k to our BoD other than for match-fitness purposes. Otherwise they would have got their signings in sooner.

Any of our fans attending those games were deluded if they thought they were watching a competitive football match.

Aye, of course they would. :hammer

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, of course they would. :hammer

Despite your bold text I'm still not sure what part of my post you think you are ridiculing !!

This season's LC campaign has been played out with (predominantly) last season's pre-January failures on the park. so what can we expect ?

The important players that arrived in January (mainly) and who salvaged last season for us are ta-ta, so what else could our fans expect ??

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Despite your bold text I'm still not sure what part of my post you think you are ridiculing !!

This season's LC campaign has been played out with (predominantly) last season's pre-January failures on the park. so what can we expect ?

The important players that arrived in January (mainly) and who salvaged last season for us are ta-ta, so what else could our fans expect ??

You said below.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Otherwise they would have got their signings in sooner

Do you REALLY believe the board would have signed players sooner if they had wanted to do well in the league cup?  :lol:

You REALLY think they have things under control so much they will sign them all this week?

Are you forgetting this means we start the league with, if these great players get signed, a team who have never played together? 

The fact we have a threadbare squad should have still seen us through what was a piss easy group.

What else could the fans expect.........................best ask the fans who forked out money to watch a training match what they expected. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Then the BoD need to watch the clips of our League Cup success in 2013 and make a much better f**king effort for next year.

Our fans who did pay to watch those League Cup games deserved better considering this was possibly our best chance of silverware this season. A good result against the Pars could well have seen us seeded in the Last 16 considering it should have been a piss easy group. We are very unlikely to win the league (stating the obvious I know), and the Scottish Cup could land us a Last 32 tie at Parkhead or non league opposition, we won’t know how easy that route will be until later. But this was a great chance to kick the season off well, Cup progress and a potential winning Last 16 tie. Instead we’ve blown the chance of a good cup run, and finished 3rd behind two sides in lower leagues, one of those who’s in the fourth tier. Albion Rovers haven’t made it through, but they were as close as any League Two side got and that was largely down to us being total shite.

Edited by Cornwall_Saint

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You said below.

Do you REALLY believe the board would have signed players sooner if they had wanted to do well in the league cup?  :lol:

You REALLY think they have things under control so much they will sign them all this week?

Are you forgetting this means we start the league with, if these great players get signed, a team who have never played together? 

The fact we have a threadbare squad should have still seen us through what was a piss easy group.

What else could the fans expect.........................best ask the fans who forked out money to watch a training match what they expected. 

That's not you then. Is it? 

You didn't travel or attend any. 

7 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Then the BoD need to watch the clips of our League Cup success in 2013 and make a much better f**king effort for next year.

Our fans who did pay to watch those League Cup games deserved better considering this was possibly our best chance of silverware this season. A good result against the Pars could well have seen us seeded in the Last 16 considering it should have been a piss easy group. We are very unlikely to win the league (stating the obvious I know), and the Scottish Cup could land us a Last 32 tie at Parkhead or non league opposition, we won’t know how easy that route will be until later. But this was a great chance to kick the season off well, Cup progress and a potential winning Last 16 tie. Instead we’ve blown the chance of a good cup run, and finished 3rd behind two sides in lower leagues, one of those who’s in the fourth tier. Albion Rovers haven’t made it through, but they were as close as any League Two side got and that was largely down to us being total shite.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

That's not you then. Is it? 

You didn't travel or attend any. 

Go on, tell CS that he's not allowed an opinion because he didn't, and there's plenty didn't, attend any of these matches. 

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Like you, I don't see this as a diddy competition or pre season training. I know that distance prevents you attending as often as you would want. 

The club's preparation, or lack off, is covered elsewhere but as one who attended all of the games, I was dissapointed not to beat enough of the teams to top the group. The cost to The Fakes in not qualifying this season has been estimated at the difference between £81,000 last season and £19,000 in this. For clubs like us, this is big money. For the fans, the poor standard of play is not entirely compensated for in the lower entry costs. 

Fair play though... Well done the Pars. 

Dudelange, the legends fae Luxembourg who qualified for the Europa Group stages last season, well they are at it again. Just knocked out Macedonian champs Shkendija 3-2 on agg, the Macedonians finished with 8 men.

It’s been a dreadful European effort from Shkendija though. Took a lead back home before being defeated by Kalju (16/1 to win that game alone)  and now knocked out of the other competition by a side from Luxembourg. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Other lot 0-1 Celtic, 10 mins.

I would suggest Celtic are through. :lol:

0-2, last minute goal.

54 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Dudelange, the legends fae Luxembourg who qualified for the Europa Group stages last season, well they are at it again. Just knocked out Macedonian champs Shkendija 3-2 on agg, the Macedonians finished with 8 men.

It’s been a dreadful European effort from Shkendija though. Took a lead back home before being defeated by Kalju (16/1 to win that game alone)  and now knocked out of the other competition by a side from Luxembourg. 

I've no idea what the feck you are on about. :lol:

10 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Up to CFR Cluj now to do us the favour of eliminating the scum from the Champions League.

Mon the Cluj!

A tougher prospect for Celtic in the long and winding road to reach the group stages.

First leg is away, still a slight advantage IMO, although maybe not as much as it used to be.

Looking at some of the other matches/teams in this round it could have been a whole lot harder for Celtic. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A tougher prospect for Celtic in the long and winding road to reach the group stages.

First leg is away, still a slight advantage IMO, although maybe not as much as it used to be.

Looking at some of the other matches/teams in this round it could have been a whole lot harder for Celtic. 

I think the bigots will have enough to edge it, but I hope I’m wrong.