Latest Scores

FTOF

13 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Been a good game so far, the Liverpool youngsters look like they all have a bright future in the game. All comfortable on the ball and playing with the same intensity as the first 11

Like a lot of teams, all looks good till about 30 yards from goal.

Any team would miss the Liverpool front players right enough.

Game needs a goal.

2 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

The future looks good for Liverpool, Elliott, Jones, Williams, Hoever and Brewster to name just a few

Aye.

That was  a great goal by Jones, eh?

A swarming team of such young players gives me flashbacks to the Fergie era....

39 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

The future looks good for Liverpool, Elliott, Jones, Williams, Hoever and Brewster to name just a few

Not sure this is a true quote but fits today rather well...................

In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-Bill Shankly

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-Bill Shankly

The old ones are the best ones. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

-Bill Shankly

It is a quote from the legend

Arsenal v Leeds live on cooncil TV Monday night. 

Leeds to win.

Having been to several recently ( but a few hundred since living here ) & watched many Leeds United games, the possession football Bielsa has them playing is superb.

Most games they play they enjoy over 65% possession.Arsenal will be outplayed but it’s a question of ‘if’ Leeds convert their chances

This should be a good cup tie

Away win

I’m not so sure. I expect Leeds will field a weakened side. The main aim for them this season is promotion. Arsenal on the other hand will likely field a strong team as this is their best chance of silverware.

I considered that, but the way Bielsa has them playing, should they do that tonight Arsenal will struggle to contain them.

No doubt promotion is Leeds priority, guess the team sheet will give the clues as to who is prioritising this game.

Either way, let’s hope for a good cup tie

Is it on in Scotland ?

35 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I considered that, but the way Bielsa has them playing, should they do that tonight Arsenal will struggle to contain them.

No doubt promotion is Leeds priority, guess the team sheet will give the clues as to who is prioritising this game.

Either way, let’s hope for a good cup tie

Is it on in Scotland ?

Aye.

Like Yflab says, a lot depends on the strength of teams that are on the field although that didn't do Everton any good last night. 

Leeds to win.

Having been to several recently ( but a few hundred since living here ) & watched many Leeds United games, the possession football Bielsa has them playing is superb.

Most games they play they enjoy over 65% possession.Arsenal will be outplayed but it’s a question of ‘if’ Leeds convert their chances

This should be a good cup tie

Away win

On track

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The guy on the left with the white hair might be better to find out how offside works.

Need to be careful, similar pattern in the Liverpool game last night, Everton blew chances in the first half then, boom, out. 

Was just about to say I can't see Arsenal scoring and bam 1 - 0 Arsenal