Latest Scores

FTOF

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Settling down for THE main event, Liverpool v Man Utd.

As usual, an early goal as sometimes these games can end up 0-0 with both teams working harder to cancel the other out than to win the game.

Too close to call. 

11 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Finished 0-0 between Liverpool and Utd. 

Disappointing but not surprising.

Aye, that's my main event wasted.

Tonight's game will probably be a goal fest........................Dancing on Ice anybody? :P

2 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

They don't look as sharp when vardy doesn't start or play tho

He's a key player, no doubt.

Any player that rattles in 15-20 goals most season would be key for any team but they have several other players who have stepped up and are getting recognised at international level. 

Leicester currently sitting proudly at the top of the league

I've been saying this for months, the English league is up for grabs this year.

Liverpool, drawing TOO many games, at this stage.

Man Utd, still a few players short, IMO, of having a side to win the league.

Man City, well, a moth ago were miles away but have been stepping on the gas recently, getting quite a few shut outs along with goals, certainly one of the favourites IMO.

Spurs, with Jose in charge, who knows, he gets something from players that most managers don't and with Kane, well anything's possible.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Leicester currently sitting proudly at the top of the league

I've been saying this for months, the English league is up for grabs this year.

Liverpool, drawing TOO many games, at this stage.

Man Utd, still a few players short, IMO, of having a side to win the league.

Man City, well, a moth ago were miles away but have been stepping on the gas recently, getting quite a few shut outs along with goals, certainly one of the favourites IMO.

Spurs, with Jose in charge, who knows, he gets something from players that most managers don't and with Kane, well anything's possible.

If man utd can sort out central defence and not play lindelof and maguire together then they might have a chance

Maguire/Bailly probably best they got if big Eric can stay fit. Lindelof better with tuanzebe, and then there  is Phil Jones 🤣

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

5 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

If man utd can sort out central defence and not play lindelof and maguire together then they might have a chance

Maguire/Bailly probably best they got if big Eric can stay fit. Lindelof better with tuanzebe, and then there  is Phil Jones 🤣

I agree Maguire and Lindelof are a decent pairing (Ole seems to like that set up) but they, IMO, are at least one full back short of class and then theirs the midfield inclusion of Fred, who has been almost consistently pish poor.

Also Martial only "plays" about 6-8 games a season.

It seems Shearer, what a player, shares my opinion it's wide open this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55698337

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I agree Maguire and Lindelof are a decent pairing (Ole seems to like that set up) but they, IMO, are at least one full back short of class and then theirs the midfield inclusion of Fred, who has been almost consistently pish poor.

Also Martial only "plays" about 6-8 games a season.

It seems Shearer, what a player, shares my opinion it's wide open this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55698337

Martial imo needs moved on, rashford needs fergie to remind him he is first and foremost a footy player and that I think all the media stuff(and thank god he did kick off) has maybe taken the shine off his game for now. Fred, wow a 50 million pound mistake ouch. 

2 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Martial imo needs moved on, rashford needs fergie to remind him he is first and foremost a footy player and that I think all the media stuff(and thank god he did kick off) has maybe taken the shine off his game for now. Fred, wow a 50 million pound mistake ouch. 

Rashford does blow hot and cold and it's easy to point towards his involvement, as I have at times, with the school meals issue.

Still, on top form he is top class. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yes it is easy.

The "easy" reason is rarely the correct one though.

It could, easily, be a distraction and at the top level it could be enough to see a drop in his form.

Anyhow, all speculation, mainly what we see on this forum in many of the threads, some from people with some knowledge, some wild and ill informed. 

Tonight's matches in the top league, both Manchester teams in action.

The games are coming thick and fast right now, possibly a reason City's habit of regularly changing the side is paying off as they are THE form side right now. 

image.png.63861001d103c108a16b29172fb0eca4.png