Latest Scores

FTOF

18 minutes ago, billyg said:

Just caught the very end of Serbia v Portugal there , something going down with Ronaldo , chucking his captains armband away and storming off the pitch !

He scored an injury time winner only for the ref to rule it didn't cross the line when it clearly did, no wonder he was raging at the final whistle.... 

9 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

He scored an injury time winner only for the ref to rule it didn't cross the line when it clearly did, no wonder he was raging at the final whistle.... 

^^^^ This and the glaring penalty decision in our game are just two reason VAR should be used in these games.

There's a lot riding on qualifying and it's tragic that down to human error a team could lose out. 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^ This and the glaring penalty decision in our game are just two reason VAR should be used in these games.

There's a lot riding on qualifying and it's tragic that down to human error a team could lose out. 

Yup. I’m all for the general principle of VAR and I definitely think it should be used. 
My only issue with it is the WAY it’s being used. I think there needs to be some rule changes to get rid of some of the more “harsh” decisions. The first change I’d make is going back to the concept of there having to be clear daylight between an attacker and defender for offside to be given. 

58 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yup. I’m all for the general principle of VAR and I definitely think it should be used. 
My only issue with it is the WAY it’s being used. I think there needs to be some rule changes to get rid of some of the more “harsh” decisions. The first change I’d make is going back to the concept of there having to be clear daylight between an attacker and defender for offside to be given. 

I agree VAR needs tweaking.

This situation that your hand/elbow etc is in an offside position is mince.

I'm for it being the position of your feet, and, yes, like the whole ball being over the line, "daylight" between one player and another. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Denmark 6-0 poor Moldova

Albania 0-2 England, 

About 62 mins. 

Denmark prob won't score too many more now. However I hope England dont score too many more as it will be great to go into work tomorrow saying 'points of the board' etc as they all will be sitting miserable over a say 2 nil win over Albania 🤣🤣

Just now, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Denmark prob won't score too many more now. However I hope England dont score too many more as it will be great to go into work tomorrow saying 'points of the board' etc as they all will be sitting miserable over a say 2 nil win over Albania 🤣🤣

You do Albania a disservice, they, like Israel, don't get many tonkings, not brilliant but do reasonably well with the players at their disposal.

Denmark have had 74% possession, a tiring game for Moldova, chasing shadows and the ball.