Latest Scores

FTOF

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Spurs 1-0 Sheffield Utd, another goal chalked off for "offside" with VAR.

Now, I'm a fan, overall, of VAR but wasn't offside to stop players gaining an advantage?

Surely the players hand/arm isn't an advantage when the ball is in play? 

VAR isn't the problem, it's the rules/interpretation that needs changed. 

Spurs 3-0 Sheffield, Bale has scored all three goals.

It was a mystery why he wasn't played more by Jose, he's class. 

For me the top end of the EPL bores me especially when sky sports hype up a big match and it turns crap. Much prefer watching the race to escape he drop and watching the promotion chasers from the championship. Only season that was entertaining in top of EFL when Leicester won it. 

7 hours ago, Slash said:

IMHO Spurs are perennial bottle merchants. Poor consistency over a numerous league campaigns. The amount of investment that club has made over decades beggars belief. They last had a decent team probably when Steve Archibald was playing. Last won a league title 60 years ago. Thing is they have some great forwards over the last few years in Kane and Son, but lacked a solid back 4 and a ball winning defensive midfielder like Kante.

Arsenal have been disappointing over recent seasons. Oh to see the quality of players like Bergkamp, Wright, Pires, Henry and the famous defensive walls that were as tight as Oaksofts wallet.

Don’t even get me started on how poor Man United have been since the great man left. I enjoy watching the EPL, but the standard in quality of some of these teams is a shadow of what they were 20years ago.

Spurs are 6th in the EPL in the amount they have spent, 17th in Europe, but have balanced the books better than any other English team, with a deficit of £87m over 10 years. 

In that same period, last 10 years, they have not finished outside the top 6, matching the spend compared to the other top teams. 

If you compare their league position to spend they are punching above their weight.

Arsenal, the last 5 years, (counting this year) have seen a dramatic drop. 

Wenger was in charge for 2 of these 5 seasons so it's not all down to him leaving.

Wengers previous 5 seasons seen them finish not outside the top 4, as the 5th biggest spenders, overachieving.

Man United have "only" managed 2nd place twice since Ferguson left.

They are serious underachievers compared to the money spent, £1.1 BILLION. 

IMO the dramatic rise/investment in Man City has made a big difference to all the teams above. 

They have spent £1.39 BILLION, with a deficit of over £1 BILLION. 

Even Brian Kidd got them to 2nd in the league one season. 

If any team have underachieved it's been Chelsea. 

Spend is £1.2 BILLION, 2nd in the English league, 3rd biggest spenders in Europe, twice league winners, then 3rd/4th or worse, no 2nd positions and not threatening to win it. 

Aye, lots of money, lots of great players and, overall, lots of great games. 

I much prefer to watch quality rather than players who can't manage the basics. (pass to a team mate for starters) 

7 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

For me the top end of the EPL bores me especially when sky sports hype up a big match and it turns crap. Much prefer watching the race to escape he drop and watching the promotion chasers from the championship. Only season that was entertaining in top of EFL when Leicester won it. 

That does happen sometimes, two good teams cancel each other out but there's MORE games that are not in that bracket.

As for the Leicester season, fantastic but romantic nonsense to say was the only entertaining season. 

You only need to look at this season with Man City, at one point not even close then went on a run that was remarkable, and playing brilliant football with plenty of goals, last season with Liverpool, the season before when these two teams went toe to toe with brilliant football throughout the season. 

I could go on but I'll leave it at that. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Spurs are 6th in the EPL in the amount they have spent, 17th in Europe, but have balanced the books better than any other English team, with a deficit of £87m over 10 years. 

In that same period, last 10 years, they have not finished outside the top 6, matching the spend compared to the other top teams. 

If you compare their league position to spend they are punching above their weight.

Arsenal, the last 5 years, (counting this year) have seen a dramatic drop. 

Wenger was in charge for 2 of these 5 seasons so it's not all down to him leaving.

Wengers previous 5 seasons seen them finish not outside the top 4, as the 5th biggest spenders, overachieving.

Man United have "only" managed 2nd place twice since Ferguson left.

They are serious underachievers compared to the money spent, £1.1 BILLION. 

IMO the dramatic rise/investment in Man City has made a big difference to all the teams above. 

They have spent £1.39 BILLION, with a deficit of over £1 BILLION. 

Even Brian Kidd got them to 2nd in the league one season. 

If any team have underachieved it's been Chelsea. 

Spend is £1.2 BILLION, 2nd in the English league, 3rd biggest spenders in Europe, twice league winners, then 3rd/4th or worse, no 2nd positions and not threatening to win it. 

Aye, lots of money, lots of great players and, overall, lots of great games. 

I much prefer to watch quality rather than players who can't manage the basics. (pass to a team mate for starters) 

That does happen sometimes, two good teams cancel each other out but there's MORE games that are not in that bracket.

As for the Leicester season, fantastic but romantic nonsense to say was the only entertaining season. 

You only need to look at this season with Man City, at one point not even close then went on a run that was remarkable, and playing brilliant football with plenty of goals, last season with Liverpool, the season before when these two teams went toe to toe with brilliant football throughout the season. 

I could go on but I'll leave it at that. 

I can appreciate the skill of Man City but find watching them very dull. Just a matter of opinion.

Leeds 2-1 Spurs

Big 6 my arse

Liverpool, Man U , Man City , Arsenal , Chelsea have ALL failed to beat newly promoted Leeds at Elland Rd

Quite enjoyable to watch Leeds this season again

Leeds 3-1 Spurs

ALL ‘big six’ couldn’t trouble Leeds at Elland Rd , factor in Leeds beating Man City away as well and you’ve got the most exciting team in the league this season

W15 L15 D5 oddly enough to 5 of the ‘big six’

50 points , GD 0

23 points above relegation zone

9th in League

Gareth who ? Harry who ?

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

United have looked quite dangerous but quite simply aren't that skilled. 

They've got into some good positions on the overlap but poor decision making has cost them. Since the goal Hibs have looked very comfortable. 

Edited by munoz

Mikey Stewart already has St. Johnstone pinned on in the final tomorrow. If St. Mirren, by some miracle do get there, we're as well not showing up though as Hibs only worried about the Perth Saints.

Hopefully we get it right f**king up the lit of them. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mikey Stewart already has St. Johnstone pinned on in the final tomorrow. If St. Mirren, by some miracle do get there, we're as well not showing up though as Hibs only worried about the Perth Saints.

Hopefully we get it right f**king up the lit of them. 

Does my head in! Media struggle to say anything positive about us, makes them ill to do so