Latest Scores

FTOF

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
They had spells of dominance but so did Denmark.  

Denmark were untouchable for a 20 minute spell in the first half. England bossed the other 100 minutes.

Still, it’s about putting the ball in the net & a sickener the way England’s 2 goals came about. 

Still, it’s about putting the ball in the net & a sickener the way England’s 2 goals came about. 
What was sickening about their first?

Great movement and passing at pace forced an error.

Nothing sickening or lucky about it.

Penalty? No, not for me... but I've seen them given for less and if anything, I'm relieved VAR isn't dominating discussions or being abused.

Last challenge was silly and gave the ref a decision to make.

Two things to say really, England were the best team on the night so deserved the win and if the English pundits are saying it was soft then you can take it that it was never a penalty, secondly, credit has to go to Southgate for his tactics, he played to his weaknesses by which I mean that he recognised early on, even before the tournament that his central defence was weak and stuck 2 holding midfielders in there to stop them becoming exposed, he only needed 1 striker due to the attacking midfield talent at his disposal and his pacey full backs covered most threats down the wings, they may well win the tournament on the back of this.

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

What was sickening about their first?

Great movement and passing at pace forced an error.

Nothing sickening or lucky about it.

Penalty? No, not for me... but I've seen them given for less and if anything, I'm relieved VAR isn't dominating discussions or being abused.

Last challenge was silly and gave the ref a decision to make.

Off a defender it could have went anywhere, very unfortunate he put it in his own net IMO. 

I hate VAR, it ruins the game & for me, last night is the perfect example of one of the reasons why. Slows the game & still doesn’t get rid of controversy. Never a penalty for me, when even the English commentary team are saying that, there’s something to it. 

Off a defender it could have went anywhere, very unfortunate he put it in his own net IMO. 
I hate VAR, it ruins the game & for me, last night is the perfect example of one of the reasons why. Slows the game & still doesn’t get rid of controversy. Never a penalty for me, when even the English commentary team are saying that, there’s something to it. 
Again... It was the forwards pace and movement that forced the defender into the error.

Had the defender not been there then it would almost certainly have been a goal anyway.

Great forward play. No luck and certainly not sickening.

Very surprised that England are favourites, Italy look a great bet at almost 2/1.
I'd expect these odds to reduce by Sunday. 
image.png.6e75d758aeed167499b167bd34612595.png
Yeah, but as you know, bookies odds aren't a true reflection on who is expected to win, they are set to maximise the bookies profit (or minimise their loss). There is obviously a lot of "who they expect to win" in the odds but a large amount of money on one side is reflected ... yeah, as I said, you know this.

I wonder what the odds are in Italian bookies.

This woman who called in sick to watch England’s semi-final win at Wembley on Wednesday was sacked after her boss spotted her celebrating on TV!
Unlucky................................[emoji38]
215560712_206728978121041_1828110360281755235_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100%26ccb=1-3%26_nc_sid=8bfeb9%26_nc_ohc=nY2oe1JUDYoAX-uxf73%26_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx%26oh=12360c95c2c772b5b1d3e193847174f7%26oe=60EE0679&key=9427106810bbf6b768f9732f5859317d8aa60af2031bebbda4db4f43eb85adc1
I wonder if her boss is Scottish.

5 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
This woman who called in sick to watch England’s semi-final win at Wembley on Wednesday was sacked after her boss spotted her celebrating on TV!
Unlucky................................emoji38.png
215560712_206728978121041_1828110360281755235_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100%26ccb=1-3%26_nc_sid=8bfeb9%26_nc_ohc=nY2oe1JUDYoAX-uxf73%26_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx%26oh=12360c95c2c772b5b1d3e193847174f7%26oe=60EE0679&key=9427106810bbf6b768f9732f5859317d8aa60af2031bebbda4db4f43eb85adc1

I wonder if her boss is Scottish.

Who knows, here's the official reason from the company...............

Charles Taylor, director at Farooqi's former employer Composite Prime, told Yahoo News UK: “It’s an exciting time for everyone in England and given the opportunity, we would have encouraged attendance to such an important football match. 

"Unfortunately on this occasion our employee lied, taking one day off sick to attend the football match on Wednesday 7 July.

"This was in breach of her employment contract and so we had no choice but to take the appropriate action. 

"As a business we value honesty and integrity, and we don't tolerate any employee taking advantage of our policies.

Who knows, here's the official reason from the company...............

Charles Taylor, director at Farooqi's former employer Composite Prime, told Yahoo News UK: “It’s an exciting time for everyone in England and given the opportunity, we would have encouraged attendance to such an important football match. 

"Unfortunately on this occasion our employee lied, taking one day off sick to attend the football match on Wednesday 7 July.

"This was in breach of her employment contract and so we had no choice but to take the appropriate action. 

"As a business we value honesty and integrity, and we don't tolerate any employee taking advantage of our policies.

Quite right too she's a chancer.

Anyway, it's about time I took my annual week off sick while the weather is nice. :whistle

On 7/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, oaksoft said:

Sickening?

That's an odd choice of phrase.

How so? 

On 7/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Again... It was the forwards pace and movement that forced the defender into the error.

Had the defender not been there then it would almost certainly have been a goal anyway.

Great forward play. No luck and certainly not sickening.

Well that’s my take, could have went anywhere off the defender.