Latest Scores

FTOF

9 minutes ago, Slash said:

Bailey is number 31 who made a piss poor attempt at blocking the first goal. That’s criminal at any level of football, but these guys are paid £Millions every year. Scunnered. 
I’d also get rid of that Austin McPhee tactics “genius”. Villa set pieces have been atrocious.

Still I live in hope for a 2nd half turnaround by Villa.
Sadly looks like West Ham will cruise to victory though. Not out of second gear.

I've not seen enough to really comment, but Moyes has built a strong team at West Ham, only a bad last 4-6 games last season cost them a Champions League place. 

In Antonio they have a real striker, holds up the ball, can take the ball for a run and, most importantly, scores goals, a no-nonsense type, very effective. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Yeah, I really like Antonio. Deserves all the success in the world. Antonio has played as a right back, right midfielder, winger and striker throughout his years at West Ham. Would love to see him play  and score for Jamaica against England in the WC.

Saw him play at the London Stadium against Stoke about 5 years ago.  I think it was the worst game of top league football I have ever seen in my adult life.  Both teams were awful and Antonio was about the worst.  He played as a right wing back and he hadn't a clue what to do.  He basically ran up and down the right wing area about 10 yards either side of the half way line.  Nobody gave him the ball.  The abuse he was getting from his own fans was dreadful to hear.  Fair play to the lad, he's turned his career around, but my cousin's mates basically thought he was a waste of a jersey at the time.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Atalanta 1-1 Man Utd, very poor first half, both teams have been guilty of horrendous passing.....................

One piece of magic from United just before half time, great move finished of by Ronaldo.

Hope the 2nd half picks up, not been a great watch. 

Atalanta 2-2 Man Utd, not a great game but Ronaldo is a different class, scored the equaliser, probably more than United deserved.

Keeps them in the hunt to get into the knock out stages but doesn't, for me, cover the cracks.

United have stuttered along from poor to great for the last 2-3 years, never really looking like being the top side in England, never mind Europe. 

Quite hard to say where the problem lies, the manager, the players or both?

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Atletico down to 10 already, referee going card crazy. 

The sending off spoiled the game, as it can do at times.

Before that Liverpool were on fire, after that, turned into a training match almost, pity. 

Liverpool's return to form has been impressive, currently on a long unbeaten run in the English league and Europe.

Europa league tonight, I'll not bother watching, last two night's have been enough, Bake Off is on the agenda seemingly. :lol:

Last night's game in the top league, Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa.

That's an astounding 6 game run, zero points.

After last seasons performances this must be a shock to the Villa support.

Many reason likely but it does show, IMO, losing Grealish has been a major factor.

The £100m they got from City doesn't look to have been invested very well, if at all.

Today's main event, Man Utd v Man City, KO 12:30

City will be likely favourites, United, well, hard to tell if they will turn up as they have been erratic this season to date. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Last night's game in the top league, Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa.

That's an astounding 6 game run, zero points.

After last seasons performances this must be a shock to the Villa support.

Many reason likely but it does show, IMO, losing Grealish has been a major factor.

The £100m they got from City doesn't look to have been invested very well, if at all.

Today's main event, Man Utd v Man City, KO 12:30

City will be likely favourites, United, well, hard to tell if they will turn up as they have been erratic this season to date. 

I'll be watching it down in Perth.

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Man Utd 0-1 Man City, a disastrous OG, when your not doing well it seems luck goes against you.

7 mins, City been on top so far. 

Man Utd 0-2 man City, another f-up with the United defence, Shaw let's the ball go behind him, in nips a City player, 0-2.

45 mins.

Shambles for United, City, especially down the left hand side, are murdering them. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Man Utd 0-2 man City, another f-up with the United defence, Shaw let's the ball go behind him, in nips a City player, 0-2.

45 mins.

Shambles for United, City, especially down the left hand side, are murdering them. 

Saw the second half. What a boring game. City much the better team but make little attempt to score

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

He delivered two promotions from the Championship in quick succession which is a notoriously hard league to get out of.

I don’t think he has been sufficiently backed financially or through the sporting directors choices to even have a chance of staying in the EPL.

One look at the investment this season in the playing staff tells it’s own story.

https://www.norfolklive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/norwich-summer-transfer-window-2021-5855126

I agree that getting out of the Championship is a feat on it's own.

A spend of roughly £53m is reasonable TBH but, while it's difficult getting out of the championship it's always a challenge staying up. 

As a side note the bubble looks like it's burst for Brentford.

As I mentioned earlier, with Newcastle all set to spend big in January the relegation battle this year looks like it could be between quite a few clubs.