Latest Scores

FTOF

Final score, Real 3-1 City, 6-5 on agg.

Can't deny Real deserved it, scoring 3 in Manchester almost went under the radar.

The desire, albeit slightly surprising, to go for it and get 2 goals in no time at all was outstanding. 

Roll on the final, Liverpool v Real, a feast of football.

(0-0 on the cards:lol:)

On 5/3/2022 at 8:59 PM, faraway saint said:

Hard to remember Liverpool being as poor all over the park, piss poor passing, slack in defence and Villarreal deserve their lead.

Klopp has to kick arse at half time, get Keita off, he's poor on a good day, even worse tonight, although not alone. 

This when good managers can earn their wages. 

Virgil van Dijk revealed the half-time message from Jurgen Klopp that inspired Liverpool to get themselves out of trouble and book their place in the Champions League final.

“Play football, play the Liverpool way,” Van Dijk said of the half-time message.

“Play the way we’ve been playing basically all season. Get on the ball, have a lot of movement in the box and behind the high line. But also, show how much we really want to go to the final. That’s how it starts.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Rangers 2-0 Leipzig, cool finish from kamara, 

What an opening 23 mins.

Rangers 2-0 Leipzig, half time.

Mixed performance from Rangers, some good stuff, especially for the goals, some dreadful passing and decision making at times.

Aribo caught a free kick right flush on the face just before half time, he's been poor anyway, so he's off.

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Rangers 2-0 Leipzig, half time.

Mixed performance from Rangers, some good stuff, especially for the goals, some dreadful passing and decision making at times.

Aribo caught a free kick right flush on the face just before half time, he's been poor anyway, so he's off.

Rangers 2-1 Leipzig, been coming in the last 5 minutes.

Rangers continue to be slack and this lot are no mugs.

71 mins. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Rangers 3-1 Leipzig, good response from Rangers since Leipzig scored.

81 mins. 

Well, well, well, who'd have thunk it, Rangers stroll into the Europa Cup final.

image.thumb.png.7434df8c867661201a0bcfb448cea84e.png

They've beaten some very decent sides without being world beaters.

They have some spells of absolute mediocracy but somehow they grind out the results and have scored a decent tally of goals.

Under two weeks until the final, some achievement to reach the final of this prestigious cup. 

I am really conflicted about this. I like to support Scottish teams and unusually  I noticed a couple of St Andrews crosses and Lion Rampants in the crowd. And then they show you crowd scenes of the orcs and you realise what it is going to be like for the next couple of weeks.......

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well, well, well, who'd have thunk it, Rangers stroll into the Europa Cup final.

image.thumb.png.7434df8c867661201a0bcfb448cea84e.png

They've beaten some very decent sides without being world beaters.

They have some spells of absolute mediocracy but somehow they grind out the results and have scored a decent tally of goals.

Under two weeks until the final, some achievement to reach the final of this prestigious cup. 

Every round I’ve said they’ll get beat this time………..and I’ll say it again for the final 🌭

Credit where it’s due,a quite amazing run in the competition 🙄

7 minutes ago, HSS said:

Every round I’ve said they’ll get beat this time………..and I’ll say it again for the final 🌭

Credit where it’s due,a quite amazing run in the competition 🙄

Not a fan of either of our big two but good to see one get into a European Final and the other find out this week that they go directly into the Champions League. Scottish football is on the up! 

11 minutes ago, W6er said:

I believe we receive £100K if Rangers qualify for the champions League group stages, i.e. they win the Europa League.

Then come on the teddy bears and bring us this very useful windfall.

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Then come on the teddy bears and bring us this very useful windfall.

It's good for Scottish football in terms of prestige, attracting players and financially. How many players when considering going to ourselves or, say, Northampton Town, would consider that they get to test themselves against the Europa League winners? Or even just play in front of 50,000 & 60,000 crowds?