Latest Scores

FTOF

The Govan team have been made to look pedestrian. Unable to string passes together and retain the ball. Unable to handle the speed of thought and action of Liverpool. Great credit to McGregor for keeping the score at 1-0 at half time with a string of saves.

10 hours ago, guinness said:

3-1. Leipzig much the better side. Celtic could be in for a doing here. Do not fancy Celtic at home either. Think them and Rangers  will both finish bottom of their groups.

I didn't see last night's game but the stats, and I know they are only a guide, don't suggest that Celtic were thumped?

Individual errors seemed to be the difference.

As for finishing bottom, not so sure about Celtic.

They murdered Shakhtar in the first game, missing chance after chance which could come back to haunt them but suggests they could win the return leg in Glasgow.

As last night's game seemed reasonably even they will have a chance at home.

Time will tell.

As for Rangers, too many big guns in their group, I also can't see them getting off the current bottom position.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I didn't see last night's game but the stats, and I know they are only a guide, don't suggest that Celtic were thumped?

Individual errors seemed to be the difference.

As for finishing bottom, not so sure about Celtic.

They murdered Shakhtar in the first game, missing chance after chance which could come back to haunt them but suggests they could win the return leg in Glasgow.

As last night's game seemed reasonably even they will have a chance at home.

Time will tell.

As for Rangers, too many big guns in their group, I also can't see them getting off the current bottom position.

Celtic did have a number of chances especially in the first half. However over the piece Leipzig were far better. Celtic give away too many soft goals and their inability to pass and control quickly finds them out against the top sides. They lose a lot of goals from them having possession and giving it away. However, they have two home games to come and have a chance of winning one of these which would probably give them third place.

13 minutes ago, truesaint said:

They will get at least 4 against heart of midtable fc. Boring as. Going to start watching the scottish women against austria. Bound to be more entertaining.

Then again watching hearts get pumped.......Difficult one.

Hearts are a dream to play against, dreadful all over the park.

I said a few weeks ago we missed a real chance to beat them as, surely, they have to improve?