Latest Scores

FTOF

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers, another good, although fortunate to get the chance, finish. 

54 mins. 

Aberdeen 2-2 Rangers, 94 mins, Aberdeen got what they deserved, negative Goodwin whips off his attacking players and sits back for the rest of the game.

The standard has been pish poor, especially from Rangers.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aberdeen 2-2 Rangers, 94 mins, Aberdeen got what they deserved, negative Goodwin whips off his attacking players and sits back for the rest of the game.

The standard has been pish poor, especially from Rangers.

Aberdeen 2-3 Rangers, 97 min, there ye go, sit back and invite it on.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Villa 0-1 Liverpool, what a pass from Alexander to Robertson who set up Salah.

Robertson is now the top player with assists in the Premier League, some achievement. 

5 mins. 

Great game, Villa have blown 2 or 3 great chances.

End to end stuff, no signs of any after effects of the world cup break. 

Do not normally watch these games but as I could not go to Kilmarnock I watched this. The overall standard was awful. Plenty of effort but hardly a good pass all day. Celtic started well but after Hart almost gave away a goal seemed to lose the plot and constantly gave the ball away. I take it the World Cup took a lot out of Juranovic as he was awful. The boy O,Reilly is also vastly overrated. Entertaining enough but poor standard.

Just home from the Leeds v West Ham game 2-2

West Ham were the better team overall, but in the end a draw was a fair result

The stats online don’t seem to match what we seen on the pitch

Noticed that every time ( in the Leeds games we have been at 7 this season ) VAR asks a ref to look at the screen - the penalty always follows

Anyway, normal service resumes as we’re in paisley this week

I think 2-2 again is likely

Not sure what section to post this so this will do................and "interesting few suggestions from a german referee?

German referee Patrick Ittrich has suggested making several changes to football's rules..
1) For a tactical foul in midfield, a free-kick should be awarded 17 metres from goal. How often will we see such fouls then?
2) If the player rolls on the floor three times and needs a doctor, get him one and make him wait on the sideline for 3 minutes. How quickly do you think the player would stand up?
3) If a player insults the referee, send them off for 10 minutes to calm down. Go cycling to warm up before coming back on. We can learn from handball in that respect.
4) How is a referee surrounded by 10 men after a decision? In my opinion, boom, boom, boom - three red cards. Play seven against ten now. That'd be fine by me.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure what section to post this so this will do................and "interesting few suggestions from a german referee?

German referee Patrick Ittrich has suggested making several changes to football's rules..
1) For a tactical foul in midfield, a free-kick should be awarded 17 metres from goal. How often will we see such fouls then?
2) If the player rolls on the floor three times and needs a doctor, get him one and make him wait on the sideline for 3 minutes. How quickly do you think the player would stand up?
3) If a player insults the referee, send them off for 10 minutes to calm down. Go cycling to warm up before coming back on. We can learn from handball in that respect.
4) How is a referee surrounded by 10 men after a decision? In my opinion, boom, boom, boom - three red cards. Play seven against ten now. That'd be fine by me.

I saw that too, might be worth a thread of its own.

Be interesting to see what others think and also what ideas they will have themselves . 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Chelsea 0-0 Man City, half time, usual chess game for 35 mins before things started to open up.

Haaland been reduced to one half chance, Chelsea been the better, hit the post and a saving tackle prevented them taking the lead.

My catchphrase........................game needs a goal. :rolleyes:

Chelsea 0-1 Man City, substitutions by City set up and score the goal.

Second half been much more open, City sharper, Chelsea struggling to get out.

64 mins.