Cup final display - Updates in OP

Doakes

55 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Update: 13/03/17

I've been deliberately quiet on this during the priority sale for season ticket holders. As mentioned previously, it's only fair that ST holders got their choice first. General sale opens tomorrow at 10am, so we're now good to go with our section. With huge thanks to Campbell Kennedy, we've secured seats together for those up for a party - ideally located behind the goals (slightly to the right)

If you would like to join us - just ask the ticket office to sit in the "active" or "singing" section, (they'll know what you're on about) - and they'll give you a ticket in our part of the ground. We have space for over 200 buddies.  :thumbs

As for the flag display, Motherwell have kindly agreed to let us in early to set up. Also confirmed that our flags fall within stadium guidelines. If you can volunteer some time pre match to help set up - drop me a PM. I shall repay you in beer.

This display does require mass participation. If you find a flag on your seat, wave it like hell as the teams come out. Keeping schtum on the specifics, but we think it'll show our club in a good light! 

Any questions, feel free to ask (or PM)

COYS 

I like flags. 

Update: 13/03/17
I've been deliberately quiet on this during the priority sale for season ticket holders. As mentioned previously, it's only fair that ST holders got their choice first. General sale opens tomorrow at 10am, so we're now good to go with our section. With huge thanks to Campbell Kennedy, we've secured seats together for those up for a party - ideally located behind the goals (slightly to the right)
If you would like to join us - just ask the ticket office to sit in the "active" or "singing" section, (they'll know what you're on about) - and they'll give you a ticket in our part of the ground. We have space for over 200 buddies.  :thumbs
As for the flag display, Motherwell have kindly agreed to let us in early to set up. Also confirmed that our flags fall within stadium guidelines. If you can volunteer some time pre match to help set up - drop me a PM. I shall repay you in beer.
This display does require mass participation. If you find a flag on your seat, wave it like hell as the teams come out. Keeping schtum on the specifics, but we think it'll show our club in a good light! 
Any questions, feel free to ask (or PM)
COYS 

Great idea. Hope it all goes well for you guys on the day. I am in the Main St & looking forward to seeing the display.

Well done Doakes! Hats off to you and your buddies for getting this off the ground and doing your bit. I am sure you will get your 200 tickets for the singing section sold no bother.

I will be in the main stand and looking forward to the display.

PS Dexter was my favourite American TV show.

18 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Well done Doakes! Hats off to you and your buddies for getting this off the ground and doing your bit. I am sure you will get your 200 tickets for the singing section sold no bother.

I will be in the main stand and looking forward to the display.

PS Dexter was my favourite American TV show.

Surprise m*therf*cker :lol: 

We're certainly not short of interest for places. 200 could sell out quite fast.

Take some pictures on the day :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

- More than 600 flags have been attached to their sticks. 

- The "design" is being worked on, no hints given but it's looking good already (imo)

- Motherwell have been sound as f*ck, and granted us early access, we'll be up at the crack of dawn to place the flags on seats, if you find one on your seat, you simply wave it as the teams come out. 

- Due to the amount spent and the good quality of the flags, we request that anyone who doesn't want to take their flag home as a keepsake, places it in one of the bags that will be near the exits at full time. We plan to donate plenty of them to the panda club to add a bit of colour to home games. 

- Our singing section has fully sold out, could have sold it out twice. Cooper stand should be pretty lively on the day!

Come on ye Saints 

Just now, Pepé Le Pew said:

How are 200 folk meant to wave 600 flags? :rolleyes:

Good effort by all concerned :thumbs2

One in each hand, I'll let you guess where the 3rd will go. :P

Can't wait to see this, hope it's a success, it's easy to criticise, much harder to try to do anything to make the day memorable, especially for the younger supporters. :thumbs2

13 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Would the third place be where an overworked janny asks if you would want him to locate his broom handle. emoji33.png

If he worked for the cooncil the answer would be the broom cupboard but over worked and cooncil don't really compute. Nah Canne think where, so Stick yir question where the sun don't shine.

:withstupid

Council Shop Steward.

On 22/03/2017 at 11:47 AM, faraway saint said:

One in each hand, I'll let you guess where the 3rd will go. :P

Can't wait to see this, hope it's a success, it's easy to criticise, much harder to try to do anything to make the day memorable, especially for the younger supporters. :thumbs2

Oh FFS give it a rest. All this was dealt with ages ago.

10 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Those of us in the Davie Copper Stand will not see the design, whether waving a flag or not, so can we please be informed of the design of the flag display, then at least we know what we are participating in?

No reveal.

But what we can tell you is that it involves lots of flags, and the design will show love for our club. :love_sign

12 hours ago, Doakes said:

No reveal.

But what we can tell you is that it involves lots of flags, and the design will show love for our club. :love_sign

Booooooo.  What's the big Secret?... if you don't tell us, we'll no wave wur flags :lol:

Edited by Vambo57
Honestly... why not?