Raith Rovers v St Mirren

irvine_buddie

This fixture glut is unlikely to work in our favour. IF they were playing well the adrenalin would probably just about carry them but they have the weight of the world on their shoulders in league games. It's clear that they don't have the same hesitancy when the pressure isn't so great in the cups but I fear that, even if I felt the great escape possible, the impact of so many games in such a short time will kill off this miniscule chance of survival.

I think so many games in a short period can be good as long as we win at Ayr and put in a respectable performance at Parkhead and then we can carry that momentum into the games. If we lose/draw at Ayr and take a hammering at Parkhead then we could implode.

Edited by irvine_buddie

23 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

I think so many games in a short period can be good as long as we win at Ayr and put in a respectable performance at Parkhead and then we can carry that momentum into the games. If we lose/draw at Ayr and take a hammering at Parkhead then we could implode.

Very difficult to really say how this amount of games could effect us.

I agree it mainly depends on the Ayr result, the Celtic game, well, get it over with and move on.

Injuries could hit us hard. We know we have a few important players and we cannot afford these guys to be injured.

It's all "if's and mibbies" so let's get a result at Ayr as this could really give everyone a boost.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Another 6 pointer, if we win we're 3 points behind them with a game in hand and suddenly it seems much more do-able to avoid the relegation spots altogether.

The expectation, quite rightly, is much higher after the last 2 performances.

Last nights result will really send Ayr & Raith a message that they are in this shit and we're on the way up.

It's a pity we have a daft cup game this weekend, would prefer to crack on with league games right now.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The expectation, quite rightly, is much higher after the last 2 performances.

Last nights result will really send Ayr & Raith a message that they are in this shit and we're on the way up.

It's a pity we have a daft cup game this weekend, would prefer to crack on with league games right now.

Are you hoping to attend any games before the end of the season to see how Jack's team is playing? That radio of yours must be on its last legs by now. :)

The Raith game will be another 3 points for us.

Just now, JJ McG said:

Are you hoping to attend any games before the end of the season to see how Jack's team is playing? That radio of yours must be on its last legs by now. :)

The Raith game will be another 3 points for us.

Not sure things are, well, unsettled here at the minute.

I could always make it up like Oaky right enough? :wink:

Looking forward to this one, getting away early from work so I can make it.

Had we not seen the recent upturn in performance & desire I may have gave this one a miss but really looking forward to it.

If we apply ourselves as we have in our last two league games then there's no reason why we won't be leaving with all three points.

The comeback is definitely on!