Raith Rovers v St Mirren

irvine_buddie

The good news is, we have another game coming up so we don't need to dwell, ok bad day at office, we have had 14 of them so far this season, but at least we pushed,it just didn't happen, it was never a 2-0 defeat,

Beat Pars, its all back on................. But its getting the real sharp of the stick. So we do have to take points now

Elvis- Please don't predict a Pars victory :hammer 

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

If we only took 3 points from games v Hibs and Raith, it matters hugely where they came from.

Had we lost to Hibs and defeated Raith then we would be closer to the pack.

Our inability to beat teams just above us is what will kill us.

Don't agree with that Brian. We did beat the team immediately above us, and that has to be the first priority. Where we pick up points beyond that is of less relevance.

Unless we have a realistic ambition to avoid the play-off place (something I have already suggested would be a bonus), then I don't really care where we get the points from.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, oaksoft said:

This is a thread about St Mirren and Raith Rovers.

If you want to talk about Rangers, Celtic and sectarianism I am sure you can either start your own thread or use a different forum.

Indeed. And the decision to field a full strength side against Celtic has led to a defeat against Raith Rovers.

As for your second sentence, yet again you condone sectarianism. Head in the sand.

The reason Scottish football is gubbed is cos of folk like you.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Don't agree with that Brian. We did beat the team immediately above us, and that has to be the first priority. Where we pick up points beyond that is of less relevance.

Unless we have a realistic ambition to avoid the play-off place (something I have already suggested would be a bonus), then I don't really care where we get the points from.

It really doesn't matter whether you agree with him or not.

Its a FACT that it DOES matter where we get the points from. :1eye

9 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

It really doesn't matter whether you agree with him or not.

Its a FACT that it DOES matter where we get the points from. :1eye

Ach, Andy - you are deliberately missing the context of something I've posted - yet again.

It matters if we think we need to catch Raith. In my view, we need to concentrate on securing 9th before we aspire to anything further. As such, we need to beat Ayr, and pick up points wherever else we can, whilst hoping they drop a few. Now, tell me that that isn't a FACT.

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ach, Andy - you are deliberately missing the context of something I've posted - yet again.

It matters if we think we need to catch Raith. In my view, we need to concentrate on securing 9th before we aspire to anything further. As such, we need to beat Ayr, and pick up points wherever else we can, whilst hoping they drop a few. Now, tell me that that isn't a FACT.

Yes, it is Ayr that are our primary target but surely you can see that if we had taken the 3 points from Raith instead of Hibs, which was BEK main point, it would be a much better situation to have 2/3 teams within touching distance, giving us more opportunities of teams collapsing rather than just having all our eggs in one basket?

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yes, it is Ayr that are our primary target but surely you can see that if we had taken the 3 points from Raith instead of Hibs, which was BEK main point, it would be a much better situation to have 2/3 teams within touching distance, giving us more opportunities of teams collapsing rather than just having all our eggs in one basket?

Yes, but my initial point was that we simply need to pick up points and that stands. Ideally, of course we should beat the teams around us, but the first goal has to be to pass Ayr. 3 points is 3 points,in that respect. That was, and remains, my main point, and my main concern.

Tough night last night.

We played absolutely shite.

No movement, not enough closing down. Poor control of the ball. Poor passing. Not enough intensity or dig.

The players tried hard enough but they looked knackered. Even McGinn had a nightmare last night.

Some very clever play up our right wing in the second half though. Nice intricate play and skill in very tight positions and that gives me hope.

Raith were poor as well but had at least 4 great chances including one off the post and a one-on-one right at the start.

We deserved to lose.

Don't want to over-criticise the players after recent form but they need to find a way of recovering very quickly.

For the second goal, it looked like Billy simply panicked. He's a kid and will learn.

Overall we are still OK. Just 5 points behind now and I am certain we are going to stay up.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, Jocky said:

Lets not get too carried away

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, oaksoft said:

Why?

Because we might end up failing to survive relegation?

f**k that.

Sport is about passion and emotional commitment. Risking being emotionally crushed is what makes the good times special. Avoiding it is for cowards.

We want to go to Kirkcaldy absolutely f**king buzzing as a support and with a team full of belief that not only are we going to pump and demoralise Raith but that we are going to survive relegation with matches to spare. This attitude is how people turn around seemingly impossible odds.

Sorry Oaksoft, can't resist reposting these, although it gives me no cheer.

Fortunately for me, the coward that I am, I had pitched my expectation at a level less than I suspect your goodself.

At the end of the game I was still disappointed the way things had turned out. I did stay till the end and can only imagine it was those who were buzzing beforehand who left as soon as the second goal went in...................bit disappointed with that too.

Anyway, 10 games to go, and as you say, not impossible. I'll be there, with reality head on, supporting the team till the end.

As for the fans last night?

800 odd turned up by the sounds of it.

f**king magnificent backing of the team from first to last minute.

Most stayed right to the very very bitter end.

A few points of praise here.

When we conceded goals there was no abuse from the stands that I could hear.

When Billy panicked, nobody appeared to abuse him either.

I think we all understood that the team had tried like hell but ran out of legs after playing Hibs and Celtic.

That led to applause at the end despite the result.

As the players thanked the crowd, someone shouted out "Don't give up" at the players. I won't lie, I had a lump in my throat. What a wuss I am. :lol:

One final note to mention was when one of the security guys appeared to attempt to stop someone (presumably Div) from filming. Immediately over 100 people around him closed rank and all started filming at the same time. Whoever you guys were, that was a f**king awesome display of solidarity. That sent a message alright. Football is OUR game. It doesn't belong to the SFA or the clubs. If we want to live stream a crappy quality feed through Periscope then we are going to do it. Brilliant.

Great night. Great atmosphere. Shame about the result but within minutes I'd moved onto thinking about the next game. Sure the players will too.

We are not going to win all of our games buds. Suck it up and move on.

5 minutes ago, Jocky said:

Sorry Oaksoft, can't resist reposting these, although it gives me no cheer.

Fortunately for me, the coward that I am, I had pitched my expectation at a level less than I suspect your goodself.

At the end of the game I was still disappointed the way things had turned out. I did stay till the end and can only imagine it was those who were buzzing beforehand who left as soon as the second goal went in...................bit disappointed with that too.

Anyway, 10 games to go, and as you say, not impossible. I'll be there, with reality head on, supporting the team till the end.

If your point here is to embarrass me or prove a point then you've done neither because I moved on form the defeat by the time I had reached my car.

How on earth is a 2-0 defeat at this stage of a season "fortunate for you"?

The point is bud that you are not more "reality headed" than me. You are less resilient to failure. That's why you personally protect yourself from emotional harm before a game.

Me? I commit emotionally and physically in sport. When I win, I win and when I lose, I lose.

Either way I get to live my life at an exciting pace, full of intensity in everything I do - warts and all. The bad times make the good times very special and the bad times make for good memories, banter and jokes years later.

I am sorry for anyone who shuns excitement for a bland life for fear of being emotionally hurt but it does you no favours to come on here gloating about a defeat.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Tough night last night.

We played absolutely shite.

No movement, not enough closing down. Poor control of the ball. Poor passing. Not enough intensity or dig.

The players tried hard enough but they looked knackered. Even McGinn had a nightmare last night.

Some very clever play up our right wing in the second half though. Nice intricate play and skill in very tight positions and that gives me hope.

Raith were poor as well but had at least 4 great chances including one off the post and a one-on-one right at the start.

We deserved to lose.

Don't want to over-criticise the players after recent form but they need to find a way of recovering very quickly.

For the second goal, it looked like Billy simply panicked. He's a kid and will learn.

Overall we are still OK. Just 5 points behind now and I am certain we are going to stay up.

I agree McGinn had a shocker, Billy was like a fish out of water but we tried to play football.

I'm going to remain Positive. Jump on the Oaksoft bandwagon and retain my positive vibes.

I am certain we are going to stay up

:withstupid COYS

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think we all understood that the team had tried like hell but ran out of legs after playing Hibs and Celtic.

As the players thanked the crowd, someone shouted out "Don't give up" at the players. I won't lie, I had a lump in my throat. What a wuss I am. :lol:

One final note to mention was when one of the security guys appeared to attempt to stop someone (presumably Div) from filming. Immediately over 100 people around him closed rank and all started filming at the same time. Whoever you guys were, that was a f**king awesome display of solidarity. That sent a message alright. Football is OUR game. It doesn't belong to the SFA or the clubs. If we want to live stream a crappy quality feed through Periscope then we are going to do it. Brilliant.

Great night. Great atmosphere. Shame about the result but within minutes I'd moved onto thinking about the next game. Sure the players will too.

I like it and agree.

The Board,  Management,  Players and Fans are now on the same page. 

Results wise, this is not a great time to be a fan but it feels like the beginning of something great.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I like it and agree.

The Board,  Management,  Players and Fans are now on the same page. 

Results wise, this is not a great time to be a fan but it feels like the beginning of something great.

It's a period of huge intensity and one way or another I get the feeling that you are correct - players, fans, board and management appear to be working together.

It's clear the board have done everything to help Jack.

It's clear that Jack is doing everything to get us safe.

It's crystal clear that the players are giving everything to keep us up.

And it's crystal clear that the fans are getting off their backs and supporting them as much as possible.

We'll survive or go down as a team.

I think we should be proud of this.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I didn't think that was the case. Raith only needed a point and had everyone behind the ball when we had it and tightly marked McGinn and Mallan. In the other games the opposition were playing open football and attacking us but not last night - it was up to us to break them down which we failed to do as we were running into brick walls all night. I thought the attitude of the players was ok but Yogi got his tactics spot on. Sunday's game was  a distraction we could have done without but a totally different set of circumstances from last night.

And we were the better team and did create far more chances than Raith.

I agree. Raith sat back, not interested in taking the game to Saints and got their rewards by taking the chances.

We had a bad night but lets hope it was all it was.

The fans and players are on the same page and there is something at the club now which has been missing for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS, St Oaky, halleluiah.

Have never read such sickly sanctimonious pish in quite some time.

From never going to any game to super supporter, you are my hero. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, St Oaky, halleluiah.

Have never read such sickly sanctimonious pish in quite some time.

From never going to any game to super supporter, you are my hero. 

You, on the other hand, seem to have taken up Dickson's now empty mantle of forum cock.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You, on the other hand, seem to have taken up Dickson's now empty mantle of forum cock.

Oh no, you are easily the holder of that title. :lol:

#hasnoideaaboutfootball

PS Since Dickson has left you have changed your focus to football matters, something you barely touched upon previously.

Your hilarious attempts to be the forum cheerleader are "cringe" in the extreme.

Keep it up, you are keeping me amused.

Edited by faraway saint

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You know what?  it's almost as if you were there...... i know stupid idea..right?

Frustrating night last night, great travelling support and made a lot of noise right up until the 2nd goal. Don't think the players effort can be questioned but no-one played particularly well and for all the possession we had, especially first half, we struggled to pass the ball out of our defence and struggled to string any passes together. It's the first time I've seen McGinn give the ball away more than once or twice in a game. Morgan just wasn't in it at all thought he should have been hooked, and Sutton was getting marked (wrestled) out of the game by their CBs and getting nothing from the ref.

Raith aren't a good team and I can't see this being a turning point for them, they got the breaks and took their chances so they deserved the points but think they'll still be down in the mix for 9th or 10th come the end of the season.

Don't have a clue what was going through Obriens mind for the 2nd one.. McGinn was in about 15 yards of space in the middle asking for ball to be thrown out and Obrien just seemed to ignore him then make an arse of it. He came across and apologised to the fans at the end, mistakes happen and he's still the best keeper we've had this season so hopefully he'll bounce back. McGinn came over at the end aswell and tried to gee up what was left of the crowd and got a bit of applause and encouragement but it was hard to stay positive after that result.

Edited by irvine_buddie

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If your point here is to embarrass me or prove a point then you've done neither because I moved on form the defeat by the time I had reached my car.

How on earth is a 2-0 defeat at this stage of a season "fortunate for you"?

The point is bud that you are not more "reality headed" than me. You are less resilient to failure. That's why you personally protect yourself from emotional harm before a game.

Me? I commit emotionally and physically in sport. When I win, I win and when I lose, I lose.

Either way I get to live my life at an exciting pace, full of intensity in everything I do - warts and all. The bad times make the good times very special and the bad times make for good memories, banter and jokes years later.

I am sorry for anyone who shuns excitement for a bland life for fear of being emotionally hurt but it does you no favours to come on here gloating about a defeat.

Wow.

Ok bud, we live our lives differently and see things from different perspectives

Lets leave it at that, cheers