St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

Just now, faraway saint said:

A real test.

Today was a game we had to win, and we did.

Wednesday, I feel a point wouldn't be a bad result against a Hibs team that hasn't lost in the league since December 2nd. :(

1-1 and the dream is still alive.

I agree . A point would not be a disaster. As long as we dont give them too much respect . Sit off them and they could over run us, we need to have a strong midfield who are going to have to stop the supply to their front men. There might be an argument for Storie to come back in and partner McGinn.

2 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

and drop who?no failures today,tad unfair

You dont need to leave people out just because they are "failures" as you put it. I agree there were no failures today but different teams/opposition sometimes require different personnel & Tactics to overcome them . This game may well be one of those occasions. Who knows.

Lennon quoted as saying his team were tired after beating hearts so let's hope we are fit enough to take advantage. Beating Ayr was a terrific result but if we win this the confidence levels will surely rise. We can stay up without the agony of a play off if we believe in ourselves and keep putting pressure on the team directly above us.

John McGinn and Stephen McGinn have never played against each other in a competitive game. ;-)

I wonder who will come out on top?

A draw would be a great result and a win would be outstanding.

I would say lets not get carried away with ourselves after beating Ayr as its going to be a very tough test and expect a defeat if Hibs turn up and play to their best but you never know.

If Ayr get a result against Raith on Tuesday which they may well do then it will add more pressure to this one.

Hibs have been very hot and cold in recent weeks so hoping we catch them on one of those cold days and sneak a draw or better.

After the turgid times our family has watched in the last few seasons,I may be missing from action for the foreseeable future.

As well as not being able to walk I have kinda serious problems with blood pressure.

After watching Hibs last night and their manager bleating about "big decisions", I don't think I could watch the little shit without putting my health at risk.

Anyway I shall watch with bated breath as Div Productions and other TV CHANNELS  bring to my living room the delights of the great escape 

We have got to start the game with a high tempo and attack them from the off. We did it at Ayr and they never recovered and we went from strength to strength. Sit back and we are asking for trouble. Same team as yesterday and get right into them..

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We have got to start the game with a high tempo and attack them from the off. We did it at Ayr and they never recovered and we went from strength to strength. Sit back and we are asking for trouble. Same team as yesterday and get right into them..

This.

Pretty much what I said for yesterdays game.

At least give them something to think about, don't sit back and let them gain the initiative.

Tough game and anything, for me, is a bonus.

8 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

No reason we can't beat Hibs, We have proved that we don't lack the bottle by beating Ayr, now we must show just how much we want it on Wednesday.

Sorry, there's lots of reasons we might not beat Hibs.

While yesterday was not just 3 points, it was a decent performance but Hibs are a completely different problem.

Not lost a league game since early December, thumped Hearts only a week ago and will be pretty confident of doing the same to us.

Similar to when we play Celtic next weekend, it's not impossible, and HIbs are not in the same bracket, but they are as hard as we'll face outside Celtic.

If we lose to HIbs it won't define our season, we have other teams and targets that we are better equipped to deal with.