St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

32 minutes ago, YardleyBoom said:

Can see us starting more defensively with storie back in for this one to nullify the likes of John McGinn and co. We might go for the same tactics as the welsh game, keep it tight then unleash Morgan 2nd half.

Only 1973 tickets left in the home end meaning already we are over the 4,000 mark. With hibs filling their end we could be close to a gate of around 7000- sell out if the paying fans come out in force. think Ayr would need to lose on Tue for that to be the case but even if they win the team need all the support they can get. Somerset showed the effect we can have so get yourselves down to Greenhill Rd on Wed!

I'd be amazed if we had sold 4000 I would imagine that there are 1700 tickets left with us leaving the northern part of the West Bank unsold at the moment in case Hibs bring a big support. Would be amazed if the total crowd was above 5000. 

Happy to be proven wrong. 

No the 1973 is the number of home end tickets left meaning we mustve sold more than 4,000 cos there is more than 6000 seats in the home end. I am taking it the hibs support will fill their section behind the goals and 2 areas of the West bank. So put all that together and there could be close to 7,000 if the paying customer comes out on force

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm strangely more nervous about the match between Ayr and Raith on Tuesday than I am about us. 

17 without a win vs 16 without a win. Completely unpredictable that one but I suppose a draw wouldn't do too much damage given we'd still be 2 wins behind Ayr even if Hibs beat us. 

This is an interesting game right enough.

I'd say Ayr are slight favourites but I'd hope Raith surprise me and win.

After Saturday Ayr will have plenty of doubts and a defeat would really have them shitting themselves.

C'mon Raith.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm strangely more nervous about the match between Ayr and Raith on Tuesday than I am about us. 

17 without a win vs 16 without a win. Completely unpredictable that one but I suppose a draw wouldn't do too much damage given we'd still be 2 wins behind Ayr even if Hibs beat us. 

I would prefer a draw in the Ayr v Raith game . The more teams involved at the bottom, the better . 

I think the key thing this mid week is we don't lose any ground on Ayr.

They have a far easier game than us, so if we can match their result that's fine by me. If we can somehow better it that would be fantastic. The nightmare - and not unlikely - scenario is that they win and we lose. That would put us in a worse position than we were on Saturday morning.

For me it has to be the same 11 and the same game plan as Saturday. Go at Hibs and see what happens.

Will go for and happily take a 1-1.

Watched the whole Hibs game on Saturday and they were very lucky to get a point against a good Dunfermline team. Ironically the best player on the park was McMullan who was useless for us. Hibs were hanging on at the end and happy for the point.

No idea about our performance against Ayr but suffice to say we actually won a "must win" game at last. Wednesdays is another in that category of course, but being at home is the fly in the ointment. If we were to win this and Ayr stumbled, it could open the door for a 9th place finish. Perhaps its clutching at straws but it seems we have a half decent player now in McGinn and he might be able to make a difference even at this late stage.

I may even be tempted to emerge from my rock and attend in the hope we can escape the sword of Damacles  by winning a home match !  

33 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I think the key thing this mid week is we don't lose any ground on Ayr.

They have a far easier game than us, so if we can match their result that's fine by me. If we can somehow better it that would be fantastic. The nightmare - and not unlikely - scenario is that they win and we lose. That would put us in a worse position than we were on Saturday morning.

For me it has to be the same 11 and the same game plan as Saturday. Go at Hibs and see what happens.

Will go for and happily take a 1-1.

There is no set of results this week that would put us in a worse position that we were in on Saturday morning.

Had we lost on Saturday afternoon we were pretty much relegated. We would have been 11 points behind 9th and 12 behind 8th had we lost.

The win on Saturday has given us a chance and that will still be the case no matter what happens this midweek.

A draw at Somerset wouldn't be a bad outcome for us as it would leave Raith Rovers still in the mire too.

In that situation we would be 6pts behind Ayr but with two games in hand, 10pts behind Raith & Dumbarton, also with 2 games in hand.

I always said to have any chance of surviving we had to win both games against Ayr and if we did that then all we would have to do is better their points haul over the other games by 2 pts.

I seriously doubt we can claw back Raith or Dumbarton but we have still to play Raith twice so it's not impossible.

It's a cliche but it realy is true that all we can do is focus on our own games. If we can get up to 9th it would be a massive boost, especially considering the run in we have.

34 minutes ago, div said:

There is no set of results this week that would put us in a worse position that we were in on Saturday morning.

Had we lost on Saturday afternoon we were pretty much relegated. We would have been 11 points behind 9th and 12 behind 8th had we lost.

The win on Saturday has given us a chance and that will still be the case no matter what happens this midweek.

A draw at Somerset wouldn't be a bad outcome for us as it would leave Raith Rovers still in the mire too.

In that situation we would be 6pts behind Ayr but with two games in hand, 10pts behind Raith & Dumbarton, also with 2 games in hand.

I always said to have any chance of surviving we had to win both games against Ayr and if we did that then all we would have to do is better their points haul over the other games by 2 pts.

I seriously doubt we can claw back Raith or Dumbarton but we have still to play Raith twice so it's not impossible.

It's a cliche but it realy is true that all we can do is focus on our own games. If we can get up to 9th it would be a massive boost, especially considering the run in we have.

He is right in a sense.

If we lose and Ayr win then we are back to the points difference but with two fewer games left.

He is wrong in every other aspect though because ultimately we have more than enough games to get out of this even if the worst combination happens on Wednesday.

I do expect us to get something from Hibs though.

15 hours ago, YardleyBoom said:

No the 1973 is the number of home end tickets left meaning we mustve sold more than 4,000 cos there is more than 6000 seats in the home end. I am taking it the hibs support will fill their section behind the goals and 2 areas of the West bank. So put all that together and there could be close to 7,000 if the paying customer comes out on force

There is 6400 seats in the home end if you count the whole of the West stand. 5600 if you don't. Also we lose more seats if the West stand need segregated. I don't think Hibs will even fill the North stand with it being a midweek game and the road works on the M8 will discourage some of them as well. I will guess 3600 home and 1200 away fans. In our last 3 games we have scored plenty in the 2nd half so either that is because the other teams have been p/t or our new players are fitter than the ones they have replaced, but I hope it continue.

1 hour ago, div said:

If we can get more wins on the board, then many things are possible. We have two games in hand on Dumbarton, and are 10 behind them, still to play them at home. We are 9 behind Raith, with one game in hand, still to play them home and away. 

It's still in our hands to catch either one of those two and Ayr - if we can keep the wins coming. We've started to build a bit of momentum. We need to try to keep that momentum going by getting a positive result against Hibs, whom we've already beaten this season.

It's nice to have some positives to look at, and to be able to get carried away a little after a season of so many dismal disappointments. At least we now have hope...

Just keep picking up wins.

2 hours ago, Jocky said:

According to my Hibs supporting work colleague, they have no central defence for Wednesday. Apparently a mixture of injuries and suspension (McGregor) and he's worried about game and would settle for a point in the circumstances.

Get intae them!!!

Hib fan on P&B saying it is the cup game against Ayr that McGregor will miss due to suspension. Hope you are right and he is wrong.

6 hours ago, munoz said:

I would prefer a draw in the Ayr v Raith game . The more teams involved at the bottom, the better . 

Be lying if I said fate is in our own hands, see I know our target is Ayr however the fact we are on a good run, Jack obviously has installed belief, I still have hopes for 8th, meaning we are 9 points behind...................... we beat Hibs, we will stay up, but would be happy for both games to finish draws 

Edited by DougJamie

Well if we lose and Ayr win on Wednesday we will be 8 points behind 9th with 11 games to go. On Saturday morning we were 8 points behind 9th with 13 games to go.

The former is quite clearly a worse position in my view.

I also think the chances of us finishing 8th or higher are very slim, and something we should only think about if/when we are 9th.

According to my Hibs supporting work colleague, they have no central defence for Wednesday. Apparently a mixture of injuries and suspension (McGregor) and he's worried about game and would settle for a point in the circumstances.

Get intae them!!!

Going for Efe Ambrose on emergency loan

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1381830-efe-ambrose-set-to-move-to-hibernian-on-emergency-loan/