St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

If Ayr had lost last night tonight would have been a 'free spin' for us if you will.

A game against the run away league leaders and Scottish cup holders without any pressure. If we had got anything great, if not it wouldn't have been a disaster.

Ayr's win changes all that, we really can't afford to lose this one now. The thought of going back eight points behind Ayr so soon after finally closing the gap isn't a pleasant one.

Even a point is not ideal, losing any ground on 9th is a bad round for us. Would be better than nothing though.

If we win this tonight it, our survival stays in our own hands. If we win our two games in hand - including tonight - then we are two points behind with Ayr to come St Mirren Park.

9th place beating 8th place 1-0 at home should not be considered a shock in anyone's book - even allowing for the keeper fiasco - so we should just put it out our minds and concentrate on the task at hand.

Personally I'm upbeat - the wife finally approved the wee man's School Night Visa so we will be there to cheer the team on. Hopefully this can be one those classic nights to remember.

I'm going for St Mirren 2 Hibs 1

Come On Ye Saints!

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The bastards have signed yet another 'emergency loan'  Brian McLean - another centre half.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-to-sign-defender-brian-mclean-on-short-term-deal-1-4378732

On the plus side him and big Ambrosia haven't had much time to gel and big Sutton can get in amongst them.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

The bastards have signed yet another 'emergency loan'  Brian McLean - another centre half.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-to-sign-defender-brian-mclean-on-short-term-deal-1-4378732

The bastards aren't breaking any rules signing "emergency loans".Save your wrath for the SFA/SPFL or whoever makes up the crazy rules.

3 hours ago, melmac said:

SFA (or whatever they wish to call themselves) conspiracy? Deny Raith an emergency loan of a keeper but allow hibs one of a centre half, really?

Without bringing another thread into the match day thread........Raith have no one but themselves to blame for last nights situation.

McLean is poor and not match fit. Ambrose is quite frankly awful and not match fit. They haven't played together before. I don't really see a downside against a team who has netted 9 in last 3 games. I am actually quite confident tonight. Will be more confident if somebody poleaxes that wee runt Cummings early doors.....

Just now, HSS said:

The bastards aren't breaking any rules signing "emergency loans".Save your wrath for the SFA/SPFL or whoever makes up the crazy rules.

I know they are not breaking any rules but using rules that give rich clubs an unfair advantage but that has always been the case.' Emergency' should only refer to goalkeepers.

Just now, scam75 said:

McLean is poor and not match fit. Ambrose is quite frankly awful and not match fit. They haven't played together before. I don't really see a downside against a team who has netted 9 in last 3 games. I am actually quite confident tonight. Will be more confident if somebody poleaxes that wee runt Cummings early doors.....

Ambrose has played in the Champions League against Messi and Suarez - a wee bit different from the U20 centre halfs that got mauled by Dunfermline.

But still confident we will make a game of it tonight :)