St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

4 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

That was outstanding tonight, probably the best I've felt leaving a match since we won the league cup, every 

single player was superb especially Gary MacKenzie I thought the big man was immense, he gets better with 

every game.....

Also chuffed to bits for JR and JF, things are really starting to click for them....COYS...

Sounds like Effe Ambrose played a blinder. HA! HA!  Sound's like Lennon needed MacKenzie. Thank feck he plays for us.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Effe Ambrose blunder

Outstanding performance tonight. I loved that. Every St Mirren player was better than their opposite number and I barely think we lost a 50/50 tackle tonight.

A team full of player's brimming with confidence and a desire to do their best for their teammates. Positive from the off. Great support from the stands and terrific scenes at the end when the players came over to the supporters. There is a good bond forming that will unite us as one and stand us in good stead for the final games of the season.

Well done Stelious! I thought we had signed a left back not a striker.

Ayr, Raith, Dumbarton and Dunfermline will have quite a bit to more to think about after tonights result.

What time does the bus leaves for Raith next week?

The players were immense tonight  & the tactics were spot on. 

However , one thing that won't be mentioned in any match reports is....THE FANS.:clapping 

The atmosphere tonight was as good as I've ever witnessed at St.Mirren park. Great credit must go to the W5 group who got the place going from the first minute to the last :clapping

& Whle were on the subject of fans..... wtf was the score with the Hibbees fans ? Were they holding a sponsored silence ?

Superb from the boys tonight. I said there is no brilliant teams in this league and i was right. We should go into every remaining league game this season thinking we can win, the team are coming together nicely at just the right time. Chant of the night..."there's only one Effie Ambrose" by our fans...brilliant!

Quite simply.... Sooooooooperb.

They couldn't live with us first half. They charged a little after the second goal and we looked as if we were tiring but still took till the 80th minute or so for them to trouble us. This win could have been more emphatic.

Pass marks to almost every player on the park and the twelfth man in the stands. If I was to be hypercritical it might have been about Sutton's contribution but it' hard for a striker to win a header with an Ambrose anchor attached at every kick out. The ref seemed to ignore the big celt's transgressions.

I am close to now believing in the improbable. This was a kick in the teeth to an Ayr side who would have expected to go into the weekend with that 8 point cushion restored.

Outstanding performance. I do not agree that Hibs were shite - we just chased them down like we were possessed and did not let them play. Everyone was great but a special mention to Stelios who was really outstanding in defence and attack and looked like he was running on Duracell batteries or illegal substances - never stopped running all night.

Well done guys. Let's keep the momentum going. Let's do this.

PS Anyone wandering into the stadium tonight to see top versus bottom would be almighty surprised when they found out which team was which.

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The players were immense tonight  & the tactics were spot on. 

However , one thing that won't be mentioned in any match reports is....THE FANS.:clapping 

The atmosphere tonight was as good as I've ever witnessed at St.Mirren park. Great credit must go to the W5 group who got the place going from the first minute to the last :clapping

& Whle were on the subject of fans..... wtf was the score with the Hibbees fans ? Were they holding a sponsored silence ?

:happyclapper

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "St Mirren thoroughly deserved to win - the hungrier team won, so I've no complaints. We've been on a very good run, but we're stepping off the gas a little bit, and you can't do that.

"We give them all the warnings before the game and they still didn't respond. All the 50-50s, second balls went to St Mirren because they wanted it more. It happens, it hasn't happened very often, it's a game gone, and we're giving other teams encouragement. We have to resurrect it very quickly and get back to where we were a week ago.

"That was the poorest we've played this season. We didn't look ready for the fight, and St Mirren were excellent - the best performance any team's played against us this season."

Immense performance tonight from every player. We bossed the game from start to finish & thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

A decent atmosphere tonight for a change, the fans are driving the team on, like we did on Saturday.

Special mention to Stellios, f**king tremendous all night, well deserved motm!

Can we do the unthinkable a few weeks ago & actually stay up? [emoji848]

1 minute ago, Stoobs said:

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "St Mirren thoroughly deserved to win - the hungrier team won, so I've no complaints. We've been on a very good run, but we're stepping off the gas a little bit, and you can't do that.

"We give them all the warnings before the game and they still didn't respond. All the 50-50s, second balls went to St Mirren because they wanted it more. It happens, it hasn't happened very often, it's a game gone, and we're giving other teams encouragement. We have to resurrect it very quickly and get back to where we were a week ago.

"That was the poorest we've played this season. We didn't look ready for the fight, and St Mirren were excellent - the best performance any team's played against us this season."

Honest view, this will upset some people. :lol:

Just now, Stoobs said:

Well said Neil.

2600 Saints fans in Greenhill Road tonight produced an absolutely fantastic atmosphere.

When we are doing good it beats Love Street every time.

Very noisy and the place was rocking.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

2600 Saints fans in Greenhill Road tonight produced an absolutely fantastic atmosphere.

When we are doing good it beats Love Street every time.

Very noisy and the place was rocking.

It's a shame more fans didn't witness that performance . 

Well, that was very, very good. The first half was a good as I've seen is play since Danny's second season. Pace, power, one touch passing and tackling like tigers.

Last 20 mins we tired but, given the pressing we'd done in the previous 70 then that was to be expected.

Very pleasing but I'd still send the 2nd string to Parkhead on Sunday and give the first team a rest.

HUGE game next Wednesday and if we beat Raith we could potentially pull them, Dunfermline and Dumbarton back into this.

COYS!

Just show what can happen if the boo boys can cheer them instead. Long time since I seen us breaking with real pace. Every player was excellent and it was a joy to watch. Shame our support was poor in numbers but they certainly backed the team. Good away support considering the hassle of trying to get along the M8. Who was it again saying we would be getting close to a sell out tonight [emoji28]