St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

13 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Just taking time to think back through the team individually, they were excellent to a man. There were the obvious stand out performers like McGinn, Stelios and Mallan. But 2 guys I was delighted with who haven't been mentioned as much were Gary Irvine and Cammy Smith.

It was great to see Irvine finally playing in his own position, he's taken a lot of stick this season, but he had a quietly solid game and proved he's a good player when played on his natural side.

As for Smith, I thought he was excellent. He wasn't directly involved in either goal, but he was a constant nuisance for their defence. His central role was also key in stopping McGinn and Bartley playing out for Hibs, they were never given time to settle on the ball and pick out a pass. The amount of work Cammy got through last night was immense. We're definitely a better team with him in the side. How he wasn't getting a chance for United I'll never understand.

And when playing in a good, solid defence, with good options in front of him as well, and a midfield all working for each other, taking some pressure off.

Ok, so what we are saying now.............. and quite rightly

That- JR is a potential gem

His Jan window signings are awesome

Bringing back McGinn was a masterstroke

We will stay up

We are back

End of ................................................

49 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok, so what we are saying now.............. and quite rightly

That- JR is a potential gem

His Jan window signings are awesome

Bringing back McGinn was a masterstroke

We will stay up

We are back

End of ................................................

I think what we are saying is that guys like TC, LPM and many others who were either calling for Jack's head or polluting this forum with their frankly teenage-esque rants need to STFU and understand the virtue of patience and positivity ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TEAM ARE STRUGGLING AND IT IS KNOWN THAT PLAYERS READ THE FORUM.

It is very easy to be positive when everything goes well but we have way too many fans with the resilience of a wet paper bag. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this affects the team.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I think what we are saying is that guys like TC, LPM and many others who were either calling for Jack's head or polluting this forum with their frankly teenage-esque rants need to STFU and understand the virtue of patience and positivity ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TEAM ARE STRUGGLING AND IT IS KNOWN THAT PLAYERS READ THE FORUM.

It is very easy to be positive when everything goes well but we have way too many fans with the resilience of a wet paper bag. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this affects the team.

Especially when there has been no reason for it and has been quite obvious the team have been getting better and better. JR was getting abuse after our 4-1 win over TNS because the first half wasnt good enough! Get a grip!!

2 minutes ago, YardleyBoom said:

Especially when there has been no reason for it and has been quite obvious the team have been getting better and better. JR was getting abuse after our 4-1 win over TNS because the first half wasnt good enough! Get a grip!!

Exactly. It was incredible to hear people saying "Aye but whit aboot the first hauf....".

Like I said, I have little or no respect for people with no resilience or the ability to be patience and constructive as regards our team.

Oh and I just realised that last night's performance was closely matched by the 2-0 away result to Falkirk.

And the star of that night was Jack Ross who I seem to remember coming very close to scoring once or twice.

We played better than that last night and for longer periods of the game. It was simply stunning.

Edited by oaksoft

Well said Oaksoft.............

I know its been challenging, we have all witnessed the how, why and failings- but this isn't a new tactic , this is a team full of fighters, with more ability, more awareness and more togetherness..

Fact is Jack cares about Saints as he is one, McGinn cares about Saints cause he is one, we have kids who are Saints playing and Jack has reinvented Mallan and our defence... he has done all this in weeks....

We wont go down is not something I would have said 2 weeks ago, but look at the facts 2-0,2-2, 3-2, 4-1, 2-0, 2-0 ..... even East Fife were on an awesome run, New Saints lead 1-0 at HT, Dundee away, league leaders at Home al dispatched. We are actually getting better each week

With Jacks team, not that pricks AR its played 6 W 5 D 1 L 0 F 15 A 5 ....

We get out of this mess, and with someone of Jacks ability we build.......................

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Elvis can do what he likes but he probably shouldn't criticise the size of support who actually did turn up.

The only reason I wasn't there is because I am in the middle of the north sea

It was a great night - it had virtually everything; Saints dominating (constructive) possession, great goals, great performances, unlucky breaks, lucky breaks, great saves, howling misses (you know who you are - but you're forgiven) :-) etc.

Best of all was the atmosphere; at night under the lights with an excited and expectant support. Neil Lennon played the pantomime villain to a tee and it all added to the theatre. Add to that the fact that the team delivered big time and you have one hell of a night. Even late on when Hibs tried to go into Kitchen Sink mode, they really just huffed and puffed  (one escape aside). I will admit that a small part of me was still waiting for a hard luck story to occur (2 or 3 goals in the last 10 mins) but I don't think I really doubted.

Anything other than a win to us would have been robbery. The whole team played like title contenders not relegation candidates.

The only downside is to deal with my son's primary school teacher pulling me up for him falling a sleep in class!

Its been a while since we have had a night like that - Magic. F*ck*n' Magic.

29 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

It was a great night - it had virtually everything; Saints dominating (constructive) possession, great goals, great performances, unlucky breaks, lucky breaks, great saves, howling misses (you know who you are - but you're forgiven) :-) etc.

Best of all was the atmosphere; at night under the lights with an excited and expectant support. Neil Lennon played the pantomime villain to a tee and it all added to the theatre. Add to that the fact that the team delivered big time and you have one hell of a night. Even late on when Hibs tried to go into Kitchen Sink mode, they really just huffed and puffed  (one escape aside). I will admit that a small part of me was still waiting for a hard luck story to occur (2 or 3 goals in the last 10 mins) but I don't think I really doubted.

Anything other than a win to us would have been robbery. The whole team played like title contenders not relegation candidates.

The only downside is to deal with my son's primary school teacher pulling me up for him falling a sleep in class!

Its been a while since we have had a night like that - Magic. F*ck*n' Magic.

Brilliant summary.:clapping

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

"Calling for his head" ?

you will have proof of this then? Please post it as it will be the first time I will have seen it.

p.s. Just a reminder for the hard of thinking like yersel, we are still bottom in the auto relegation spot as we hit the last round of fixtures, when last summer all and sundry felt we would and should be at least a promotion play off team..!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Calling for his head" ?

you will have proof of this then? Please post it as it will be the first time I will have seen it.

p.s. Just a reminder for the hard of thinking like yersel, we are still bottom in the auto relegation spot as we hit the last round of fixtures, when last summer all and sundry felt we would and should be at least a promotion play off team..!

Didn't you call him Jack Loss and Jack Dross?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Did i call for him to be sacked, Or call for his head?

it is a fact he has managed us through one of our poorest run of games for many a year, but somehow its only down to Jack when we win... go figure?

No it's also down to the 11 really good players he signed :P

Quick question for anyone who uses the stadium car park. Last night, on entering the car park and showing the steward my pass, he gestured for me to roll down the window and then said to me "could you put your hazards on and drive really slowly through the car park, there's horses in there..."

Anyone else told this? WTF!? What kind of drugs are people on these days? I assumed he meant polis' horses... or Efe Ambrose. I saw nothing of either all night, especially the latter.

Edited by pozbaird

Did i call for him to be sacked, Or call for his head?
it is a fact he has managed us through one of our poorest run of games for many a year, but somehow its only down to Jack when we win... go figure?

How you judge jack and James b4 Jan. They were working with the duds Alex Rae brought in. I think we're starting to see how good a coach both are. and we should stick with then what ever happens.