Staying Alive ?

FFS! We.ve only won one match today. No need to make a song and dance about it.

IF we continue with our revival I'll revisit this and get into the groove after this list of fixtures.

01-Mar-2017 Hibernian H    Ladbrokes Championship    7:45pm
05-Mar-2017 Celtic    William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter-Final   12:30pm
08-Mar-2017 Raith Rovers A       Ladbrokes Championship     7:45pm 
11-Mar-2017 Dunfermline H   Ladbrokes Championship         3pm
15-Mar-2017 Dundee Utd H   Ladbrokes Championship    7:45pm
18-Mar-2017 Queen of the South A   Ladbrokes Championship          3pm
25-Mar-2017 Dundee United N   IRN-BRU Cup Final 12:30pm (Fir Park)

One way to help us "stay alive" is to send the U20's to Parkhead next Sunday. We've got massive midweek games against Hibs and Raith and we shouldn't run the risk of anything getting in the way of our focus on those.

Let's be honest, we're odds on to lose and lose heavily up there anyway so why bother with it?

Beat Hibs on Wednesday, rest the players on Sunday, turn up fresh at Raith next midweek and get the points that will save the season.

8 minutes ago, DLBud said:

One way to help us "stay alive" is to send the U20's to Parkhead next Sunday. We've got massive midweek games against Hibs and Raith and we shouldn't run the risk of anything getting in the way of our focus on those.

Let's be honest, we're odds on to lose and lose heavily up there anyway so why bother with it?

Beat Hibs on Wednesday, rest the players on Sunday, turn up fresh at Raith next midweek and get the points that will save the season.

Just imagine, and I'm well aware it's a long shot, we win against Celtic.

Can you imagine what effect that would have on everybody, players, manager, fans?

Just saying. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, DLBud said:

Although I understand where you're coming from, I don't think the senior players who are really looking forward to playing on one of the biggest stages in Scotland would appreciate that. It could completely destroy the morale amongst the entire squad.

Edited by Kendo

33 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Although I understand where you're coming from, I don't think the senior players who are really looking forward to playing on one of the biggest stages in Scotland would appreciate that. It could completely destroy the moral amongst the entire squad.

I agree that leaving our main players out would send the wrong message to them. Most are only here until the end of the season and would be looking forward to putting themselves in the public eye for potential big moves. It might help them put on a show. As long as it doesn't dent their confidence if it's the expected heavy defeat.

I know exactly where DLBud is coming from I wouldn't risk fatigue and injury next Sunday we are now in a position where we could pretty much start 11 senior players who didn't start yesterday.My view is take the cash next Sunday and focus more importantly on the vital league games coming up.March could be a defining month.

McGinn, Eckersley, Stelios and Davis, and possibly others, are only just getting to full fitness after spells without playing.

I would keep this team playing together, gelling. We have decent options on the bench to enable resting individuals at times, but disrupting the momentum of the team could do more harm than any possible fatigue in certain quarters.

Just my opinion, but a huge loss to Celtic with an academy team could be very detrimental to morale of the club, including the fans.

FFS! We.ve only won one match today. No need to make a song and dance about it.
IF we continue with our revival I'll revisit this and get into the groove after this list of fixtures.
01-Mar-2017 Hibernian H    Ladbrokes Championship    7:45pm
05-Mar-2017 Celtic    William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter-Final   12:30pm
08-Mar-2017 Raith Rovers A       Ladbrokes Championship     7:45pm 
11-Mar-2017 Dunfermline H   Ladbrokes Championship         3pm
15-Mar-2017 Dundee Utd H   Ladbrokes Championship    7:45pm
18-Mar-2017 Queen of the South A   Ladbrokes Championship          3pm
25-Mar-2017 Dundee United N   IRN-BRU Cup Final 12:30pm (Fir Park)

Being a fan is about making the most of good times, especially in a season of few opportunities to celebrate.
I'm gonna enjoy each win, and get carried away because I'm not certain of how things will go on Wednesday, or next Sunday, or any other game for that matter.

2 hours ago, DLBud said:

And probably get a big fine for not playing our strongest team.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Being a fan is about making the most of good times, especially in a season of few opportunities to celebrate.
I'm gonna enjoy each win, and get carried away because I'm not certain of how things will go on Wednesday, or next Sunday, or any other game for that matter.

Here here but we have to remember the doom and gloom posters can't help themselves. Where is TopCat take it Jack Ross Must be doing well. 

3 hours ago, David Mc said:

Chance to give likes of Baird, Todd, Fjelde, Loy and Irvine even Clarkson an opportunity to get some game time.

This is actually a good point. With 7 games in the next 3 and a half weeks, some of these guys are going to have to come into the side as they'll be required towards the end of the month.