Ryan Stevenson in goal for Raith v Ayr not good for us

7 minutes ago, belfast billy said:

I always thought the emergency loan system only applied to keepers if its at a centre back you can shuffle defence and say play a full back in the middle

There is no such thing as an emergency loan.

Teams in the lower leagues are able to loan players on a short-term basis outwith the transfer window, Hibs have made the most of this. The term emergency should get dropped from the discussion.

Anyway ,Raith need too get their act together, plenty of time to sort a goalkeeper yet they go for a postponement.  Awful squad management

5 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

There is no such thing as an emergency loan.

Teams in the lower leagues are able to loan players on a short-term basis outwith the transfer window, Hibs have made the most of this. The term emergency should get dropped from the discussion.

Anyway ,Raith need too get their act together, plenty of time to sort a goalkeeper yet they go for a postponement.  Awful squad management

OK I'll drop the term emergency and stand corrected

I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen Stevenson play in goal before for Hearts and remember him looking quite handy. Can't remember the circumstances. However the very fact that Rovers are playing what must be one of their best outfield players in goal suggests he must be decent. 

By the way, folk saying our future is in our own hands? How do you work that out? We're more than 3 points behind Ayr and we only play them one more time. How is our future in our own hands? Apologies for the pedantry. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen Stevenson play in goal before for Hearts and remember him looking quite handy. Can't remember the circumstances. However the very fact that Rovers are playing what must be one of their best outfield players in goal suggests he must be decent. 

By the way, folk saying our future is in our own hands? How do you work that out? We're more than 3 points behind Ayr and we only play them one more time. How is our future in our own hands? Apologies for the pedantry. 

Because we have two games in hand on them after tonight.

1 minute ago, saintargyll said:

And still 12 games to go to make you a tit tit :P:lol:

Nah that doesn't make me a tit. Wouldn't matter how many games were to go if we were more than 3 points behind with only one game against Ayr left. Still wouldn't be in our own hands. It's the games in hand that makes me a tit. :P

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nah that doesn't make me a tit. Wouldn't matter how many games were to go if we were more than 3 points behind with only one game against Ayr left. Still wouldn't be in our own hands. It's the games in hand that makes me a tit. :P

When it gets to "one games to go" then fairy nough . . .but 12???

Just now, scottd said:

That's us down :(

Is it? Last I saw we've got 2 games in hand and two games against a Raith team who are about to go onto no wins in 17 games and an Ayr side who are toiling against said Raith side with no goalie.

If we win more than we lose in the last dozen game, we'll stay up.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Is it? Last I saw we've got 2 games in hand and two games against a Raith team who are about to go onto no wins in 17 games and an Ayr side who are toiling against said Raith side with no goalie.

If we win more than we lose in the last dozen game, we'll stay up.

We've got a big job on and it doesn't help when our nearest rival is playing against a team with no goalie.  You feel as though we are getting somewhere and then shit like this happens.