Ryan Stevenson in goal for Raith v Ayr not good for us

Really up against it again after Saturday's boost.

2 weeks' tomorrow night we'll have played an equal number of games with Dumbarton and Raith, and 1 more than Ayr. We need 2 wins minimum out of these 4 reckon.

Saints = HIBS, Raith, DUNFERMLINE, DUNDEE UNITED

Dumbarton = Dunfermline, RAITH

Ayr = FALKIRK

Raith = Saints, Dumbarton

What a clusterfcuk. Scottish football, amateur hour, and forget the authorities, Raith Rovers can fcuk off. Having said that, our predicament up 'til now has not been caused by Raith Rovers ineptitude or a 1-0 Ayr win. It's been caused by us being shite pretty much all season in the league. If pressed though, I reckon the conversation would have went like this...

RR: 'Hello, is that Neil Doncaster? Listen, we have real problems, can we have a postponement?'

The Cockwomble: 'No, fcuk off.'

RR: 'Sorry!? Did I hear you right? We have NO goalies'.

The Cockwomble: 'You heard me right. Fcuk off.'

RR: 'Why!?'

The Cockwomble: 'Turnbull Hutton. Now, f**k off and don't call back.'

Basic facts. We are now 8 + 9 points away from the team's above.
We have two games in hand over both of them. We won both games it becomes 2+3 points behind.

Now this is an Ayr Team that could only win 1-0 against a team without a recognised keeper and a Raith team that could not take anything from a very poor Ayr team t gay we have owned this season despite being shite ourselves!
We are better than both of them and if we continue our revival can overcome both of them.
A win tomorrow night will be great. A point is not a disaster. A loss makes it harder but not impossible.

Just when you think you have some hope of catching Ayr you get Stevenson in goals for Raith and Hibs signing an international defender from Celtic.

This is a soul destroying season and will take some beating.

I fear it's all too little too late. We have had months to make inroads on the teams above us but failed miserably and a number of them are extremely average.

We are now going to have to win something like 6 or 7 of our remaining games to stay up. We have only 3 league games all season! This really will be the greatest of escapes should we stay up.

3 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Just when you think you have some hope of catching Ayr you get Stevenson in goals for Raith and Hibs signing an international defender from Celtic.

This is a soul destroying season and will take some beating.

I fear it's all too little too late. We have had months to make inroads on the teams above us but failed miserably and a number of them are extremely average.

We are now going to have to win something like 6 or 7 of our remaining games to stay up. We have only 3 league games all season! This really will be the greatest of escapes should we stay up.

I think we have improved enough to do that

If this is even half-accurate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39035650

Then Stevenston played well, wasn't to blame for the goal, and it seemed to play out like a normal Scottish football lower league shitfest. Could easily have still been 1-0 to Ayr with their first choice keeper in goal. Stevenston never sold the jerseys, Ayr never put ten past him, and never unduly bothered him.

Time for us to win our own games. It's now or never. No-one to blame here, bar ourselves, if we go down.

Listen this whole set up stinks to the high heavens and basically sums up the idiotic amateurs who run our game. If our beloved Chairman and his board have not contacted the SPFL with a strongly worded letter tomorrow morning regarding a comprehensive investigation into tonight's bloody fiasco then the whole integrity of Scottish Football must be seriously brought into question. Do any of us honestly think Raith Rovers will have Ryan Stevenson in goals against St Mirren next Wednesday?? I think we all know the answer to that. Let's put it this way, would such an issue ever occur in the Scottish or English Premiership or any other professional league in the world for that matter!!!! I've played in better organised Sunday League teams FFS. In fact stuff it, let's contact the FIFA ethics committee who allegedly control world football's moral high ground and see what their idea is of fair play in this sorry episode. Do you honestly think that odious wee man Ian McCall would not be questioning St Mirren if the shoe was on the other foot?? Raith Rovers have apparently been running with one fit goalie for around 3 weeks and did attempt to get tonight's game postponed after failing to sign a free agent goalkeeper today. The SPFL however declined their request and dragged our already beleaguered game to new depths and our club into the most difficult position in our history. Thanks for that, much appreciated, Bloody angry and cheated doesn't even come close to how I feel tonight.

36 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Scottish Football should pack up and go home. Utterly embarrassing state of affairs where an already midweek game can't be rescheduled to allow an even playing field in a professional game of football. f**k me!

28 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Absolutely ridiculous, how Raith couldn't get a keeper in for tonight's game or the SPFL not abandoning the game is f**king incredible!

I suppose I will make the great escape all the more sweeter 

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What a clusterfcuk. Scottish football, amateur hour, and forget the authorities, Raith Rovers can fcuk off. Having said that, our predicament up 'til now has not been caused by Raith Rovers ineptitude or a 1-0 Ayr win. It's been caused by us being shite pretty much all season in the league. If pressed though, I reckon the conversation would have went like this...

RR: 'Hello, is that Neil Doncaster? Listen, we have real problems, can we have a postponement?'

The Cockwomble: 'No, fcuk off.'

RR: 'Sorry!? Did I hear you right? We have NO goalies'.

The Cockwomble: 'You heard me right. Fcuk off.'

RR: 'Why!?'

The Cockwomble: 'Turnbull Hutton. Now, f**k off and don't call back.'

The authorities were quite right to tell them to f**k off, they shouldn't have been bailed out because their squad management is non-existent. Raith has known of their squad since Saturday if not longer, seeing they haven't had a sub goalkeeper on their bench, to sort their squad, they didn't bother. Never mind us, Ayr had ever right to complain if it was postponed.

Thankfully it seems we now have two teams who are keen on replicating our horrific form. We, however, need to start beating the full-time teams to give us any hope of closing the gap.  Performances against part-time teams aren't the measure of how likely we are to stay up considering our fixtures

1 minute ago, gc_SMFC said:

The authorities were quite right to tell them to f**k off, they shouldn't have been bailed out because their squad management is non-existent. Raith has known of their squad since Saturday if not longer, seeing they haven't had a sub goalkeeper on their bench, to sort their squad, they didn't bother. 

Erm, that'll be why I said 'never mind the authorities, Raith Rovers can fcuk off'.

So in short we are, where we are because Raith ran out of goal keepers???

there was me thinking it had to do with only winning three games so far... tchh eh?

man up, the only thing that matters is us getting wins, then and only then does what other teams do have an effect. We need to get within a win of leapfrogging Ayr, then the Ryan Stevenson factor might actually mean something!

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

The under 20 goalie is apparently registered as an amateur and therefore not eligible to play tonight. If they converted him to a paid pro then some former club in Australia would be entitled to a development fee.

Seemingly Raith Rovers asked Doncaster and Ian Blair of the SPFL for a postponement but were denied, Raith then asked for their request to go before the whole SFPL board only to be denied again. The SPFL board consists of Lawwell, Ann Budge, Leeann Dempster amongst others.

What are the chances Raith will have signed Manuel Neuer on an emergency loan by a week on Wednesday?

How was Josh Todd able to play as an amateur for Dumbarton this season before we signed him in January?

Can't believe all the crap on here about how this affects St Mirren?????

It doesn't affect us at all Ayr could still have won whether Raith had a keeper or not but seeing as Ayr are now 1 point behind Raith Rovers if Raith finish 9th & Ayr finish 8th and are within 3 points then Raith could surely claim this cost them more than anyone else.

If Raith then proceed to lose the play off then this farce will have the Raith board and SPFL looking complete rockets.

The only people to blame for St Mirren being 8 points behind Ayr are ourselves.

Raith have been playing without a sub goalkeeper for weeks.

Any manager worth his salt would have had a Plan B and Plan C lined up in case their only keeper gets injured.

They could have signed someone, but they obviously decided to put their budget in to outfield players.  They at the very least could have had someone lined up to sign, or had an emergency loan waiting.  They need to let one of their FOUR on loan players return to their club?  Well, aye, the rules are the same for everyone....

John Hughes has nobody to blame but himself for his poor management.  The SPFL should absolutely hammer him for comments in the press.

If they had postponed the game Ayr would rightfully have been up in arms about it!

Hibs on the other hand, while operating within the rules, are taking the absolute piss by bringing in experienced Celtic players any time they feel like that.  That rule needs to be looked at.

f**k knows what kind of emergency calls for Efe Ambrose mind you.

I get all the reasoning and argument about Raith mucking up their goalkeeper situation.

But yes, Hibs are absolutely taking the piss. A club that size say they have no player that can adapt to the centre half role or a young centre half. Not right to bend the rules like that.

20 minutes ago, farmer john said:

I get all the reasoning and argument about Raith mucking up their goalkeeper situation.

But yes, Hibs are absolutely taking the piss. A club that size say they have no player that can adapt to the centre half role or a young centre half. Not right to bend the rules like that.

What kind of message does that send out to the kids at Hibs.Sorry son i know you,ve been working your socks off for the development squad but bide your time.I,m just going to bring in a guy who was a laughing stock in the league we hope to be playing in next year.I would not be surprised if John McGinn went to Celtic in player swap deal to cut us out our slice of the transfer fee.Celtic/hibs carve up.

Just seen the goal Ayr scored. I would have expected a proper keeper to pluck that cross from the air.

Can't believe some people don't think that result has an impact on us. Incredible

We need as much help as we possibly can. Three wins away from catching our nearest challengers and we have only won three games all season.

Some folk are in complete an utter denial about how bad a position we are in. If we get out of this it will be the greatest of escapes.