Ryan Stevenson in goal for Raith v Ayr not good for us

28 minutes ago, MarkL said:

Just seen the goal Ayr scored. I would have expected a proper keeper to pluck that cross from the air.

Can't believe some people don't think that result has an impact on us. Incredible

We need as much help as we possibly can. Three wins away from catching our nearest challengers and we have only won three games all season.

Some folk are in complete an utter denial about how bad a position we are in. If we get out of this it will be the greatest of escapes.

Our own proper keepers have made more costly mistakes this season.

4 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

Our own proper keepers have made more costly mistakes this season.

Indeed.

We are where we are because of, well, us.

All the "wailing" last night was close to hysteria, as usual.

Blaming everybody, where was the "I blame Cheesy" classics", while ignoring we've had 24 games and won a massive 3, yes, 3.

The "shite" teams above us have won 5 & 6 respectively. :lol:

If we could get a win tonight it could be an absolute defining point in our season.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Can't believe all the crap on here about how this affects St Mirren?????

It doesn't affect us at all Ayr could still have won whether Raith had a keeper or not but seeing as Ayr are now 1 point behind Raith Rovers if Raith finish 9th & Ayr finish 8th and are within 3 points then Raith could surely claim this cost them more than anyone else.

If Raith then proceed to lose the play off then this farce will have the Raith board and SPFL looking complete rockets.

The only people to blame for St Mirren being 8 points behind Ayr are ourselves.

Image may contain: one or more people

Just seen the goal Ayr scored. I would have expected a proper keeper to pluck that cross from the air.

Can't believe some people don't think that result has an impact on us. Incredible

We need as much help as we possibly can. Three wins away from catching our nearest challengers and we have only won three games all season.

Some folk are in complete an utter denial about how bad a position we are in. If we get out of this it will be the greatest of escapes.

What's done is done. It was a decision we had no control over. The most important thing is we go out tonight and put on the best possible performance. That we can control.

The thing that annoyed me was this summed up our season a wee bit.

Ayr and Dumbarton have picked up some very unlikely results when you least expect us to claw back the deficit.

Of course we only have ourselves to blame but we are due some other results to go our way.

Need a result tonight imo

Totally agree with Ronnie above. The pantomime which took place around last nights game doesn't really change a lot for us. Sure it pushes Ayr further ahead for now, but it absolutely ensures beyond doubt that Raith are very much in this.

In actual fact having two teams to aim for (I'll exclude Dumbarton and Dunfermline as they are both in decent form) makes it more likely we could survive, and even have an outside chance of still grabbing 8th.

It's important to remember that we are currently in the position we are in because of our rank rotten form up until December. Since then it has been far from spectacular I grant you but we've still performed miles better. We've won 4 of our last 6 games in all competitions and lost just 2 of our last 9 matches.

Raith on the other hand have not won any of their last SEVENTEEN matches in all competitions.

Ayr's win last night was their first victory in FIFTEEN matches in all competitions (after 90 mins) and they beat a team without a goalkeeper 1-0!

Raith have played the manager card but there's been no obvious bounce for them save a point at home to Hibs. We all saw for ourselves how poor Ayr were on Saturday and they haven't beaten us in 5 attempts so far this season.

There's a long way to go. Keep the Faith and keep backing the team and we can still get ourselves out of this.

McCall says that Raiths keeper situation had no bearing on the outcome. He should be a bit concerned that his team could only muster a 1-0 win against a team without an actual keeper.

As already stated on here , Raith have had a keeper problem for a few weeks now and should have dealt with it , the League aren't going to knock back a request for an emergency loan and then allow Hibs one , hopefully.

Its really down to us , we need to get the points on the board, and getting something tonight is a must.

Raith had more shots than Ayr and missed some great chances in the game. Raith supporters are blaming their strikers for the loss and not their goalkeeper.

Disappointing result but outwith our control. Tonight is within our control so let's do this.

52 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

McCall says that Raiths keeper situation had no bearing on the outcome. He should be a bit concerned that his team could only muster a 1-0 win against a team without an actual keeper.

As already stated on here , Raith have had a keeper problem for a few weeks now and should have dealt with it , the League aren't going to knock back a request for an emergency loan and then allow Hibs one , hopefully.

Its really down to us , we need to get the points on the board, and getting something tonight is a must.

And that is exactly what our management team should be emphasising to our players: "See that team we're chasing? They're so crap they only scored once against a team with no proper keeper".

No point moaning about it, nothing we could do. Judging by the size of this thread a lot of folk hadn't realised yesterday was Pancake Day.

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

To be clear, any team is allowed 4 loan signings. Raith already had 4 but could have either signed a free agent, an under-21 keeper on a development loan, or requested special dispensation to have another loan signing given their keeper crisis. By their own admission they opted to play Stevenson ahead of a development goalkeeper, and they didn't bother their arse with the other two routes.

Hell mend them. If that was my club I'd be absolutely raging.

Hope they go down, we finish 8th and Goody pumps Ayr in the play offs.

Have you dried out yet? :lol:
Will you be complaining if they have no goalie next week? :rolleyes:

As you live in your own wee dream world where everything will be ok.

Games are running out thick and fast and you believe other results don't matter ????‍♂️

We need to win and hope other lose.

I'll be willing to bet they do have a keeper next week.

11 minutes ago, MarkL said:

As you live in your own wee dream world where everything will be ok.

Games are running out thick and fast and you believe other results don't matter

We need to win and hope other lose.

Get over yourself.

Just because I wasn't wetting my knickers over something that didn't influence the game doesn't mean I don't see the importance of other games.

It's in our hands, well, so I've been getting told for weeks. (See post above)

Time to increase your medication, it's currently not working. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Totally get the dejection of looking at the table this morning and seeing it back to 8 pts again.

Had we lost on Saturday though we would now be 14 pts behind Ayr so let's not dismiss what was achieved at Somerset Park.

Accepting that tonight in particular is a very difficult match, what if we managed to beat Hibs and then went to Starks next week and won too?

In that scenario we'd be 2pts behind Ayr Utd and 3 pts behind Raith with a game in hand.

That's how quickly things can change.

5 hours ago, farmer john said:

I get all the reasoning and argument about Raith mucking up their goalkeeper situation.

But yes, Hibs are absolutely taking the piss. A club that size say they have no player that can adapt to the centre half role or a young centre half. Not right to bend the rules like that.

Speaking to a number of celtic fans today there are all absolutely delighted to offload Ambrose. They blame him for just about every defensive feck up in the history of Celtic FC. They reckon he'll be worth an extra man to us tonight. Let's hope so.

:withstupid

8 minutes ago, MarkL said:

Win tonight and I will change my attitude!

A win against top of the league would be a massive boast in our confidence

We are all concerned mate, and we all handle it in different ways. KTF and all that!

49 minutes ago, MarkL said:

They had a Keeper last night, last week and every week before that. And they will have a Keeper next week also. 

Drama queens indeed. 

Stevenson is probably a more competent goalie than a few of ours over the decades. 

Herriot, Gilmour, Fridge, Scrimmy, Chris Smith, Howard, Langfield. 

ALL SHITE GOALKEEPERS 

Nothing has changed here....................... Ayr beat Raith big deal............ Raith had 14 shots against Ayr who managed 2 against us. Raith don't have a goalie. It just shows how crap both teams are. I am glad Raith are now in mix

Over to Saints. last 10 league matches W 3 D 4 L 3 , add 4 cup wins including Dundee away.............. so that 7 wins for Jack and the team, that's eh form......

Even if we lose tonight so what, we beat Raith, Ayr again and Sons plus a few other results we stay up in 8th.....

Keep the faith---- Its great being a Saints fan................................... 

1 hour ago, MarkL said:

3 league wins all season suggests we won't win all our league games.

Better Manager 

Better Players 

Altogether better feeling around Club. 

All suggests to me that we can win the vast majority of matches remaining and escape relegation. 

COSMFC 

Edited by shull