We are all stellios

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm going out drinking tonight, shaved, moisturized, conditioned my hair and looked out my "STRAIGHT OUTTA PAISLEY" T-shirt so lock up yer barnyard animals.  :oohlala

Sounds like it is safe to let my daughters out though....

7 hours ago, Stu said:

I think he may have been a product of the LinkedIn request which so incensed some posters, particularly the one that definitely is not acquainted with Jamie Fullarton.

To clear this up Stelios arrived at Saint Mirren after i presented him to the club and certainly not as a result of any social media request   #saintstelios2

Just now, Al1311 said:

To clear this up Stelios arrived at Saint Mirren after i presented him to the club and certainly not as a result of any social media request   #saintstelios2

Boooooo. Linkedin is a better story.

1 hour ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Funny to think some fans didn't fancy him after his first game eh :D

I was one of those , judging him by his performance at East Fife , where he was okay , but nothing special , I was though hoping there was something there , I,d seen the youtube clip and saw a bit of improvement against TNS , yesterday though he was excellent , not just his goals , but his willingness to get stuck in and make things difficult for the opposition , a great player to have as part of the squad as he gives us a few options.

On 2 March 2017 at 9:51 AM, Bud the Baker said:

We Eel Ride in moist orgasm oust! :o

th?id=OIP.KsEisJrT1W95QwyjdnJkmAEsDE&w=2

It makes sense if you sing "There's only one "L" in Stelios...............well maybe! :whistle

This niggled me...

so I checked. :)

there IS only one "L" in Stelios.

smfcuk just got the thread title a little awry....

23 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Where did we find Stellios? He hadn't played in Britain until now as far as I know.

17 hours ago, antrin said:

We Eel Ride in moist louts' orgasm?

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, antrin said:

We Eel Ride in moist louts' orgasm?

Yeah my original suggestion was "louts" but then I somehow got it into my head that it was wrong and changed it - congrats!

To paraphrase Roger Daltrey - I just handed my anagram crown to antrin...............:king

Edited by Bud the Baker

St Mirren: New hero Stelios Demetriou on why Paisley is preferable to being beaten by a bat

STELIOS DEMETRIOU has played in four countries for eight different clubs and thinks he’s now found a home in Paisley.

The new St Mirren man scored both goals from left-back, with his right foot as well, in his side’s excellent and deserved 2-0 win over Championship leaders Hibernian.

The 26-year-old has packed a lot into his career so far and in January signed a six-month deal with a year’s option.

First impressions do count for the Cypriot who has now added Scotland to a CV which boasts spells in his own country, Sweden and Bulgaria.

Demetriou said: “I’ve played in Cyprus for most of my career and did some moving abroad, but I love Scotland.

“I have only been here for one month and, already, it feels like home. I am really happy and really glad. I would like to stay here for a few years. Why not?’

“I like to have a nice atmosphere in the dressing room. I think it all starts from there.

“I like to play about with my team-mates a bit, bully the younger ones a little bit. I mean that in a good way, because I am not that much older than them, so I know how it is to be a young boy. I am always next to them.

“I have played football for many years and, believe me, the atmosphere in the dressing room here is unbelievable. I cannot describe how it is. I am sure this team will get out of this current situation.”

Nobody who watched the weekend performance would doubt that. St Mirren were excellent from start to the end. It could and should have been more, which makes this season's troubles all the more puzzling.

Demetriou said: “When I was told to come to St Mirren, I had a look at the table and saw they were last with the team second-bottom a few points ahead.

“I came to train for a week and saw the quality of the players. You had Stevie Mallan and, after a bit, Stephen McGinn came in too.

“These players can play easily in the higher league, I think. They are players who deserve to be in a higher league, but football can be like that sometimes.

“Things maybe didn’t go right earlier in the season, but I think the gaffer has fixed up that situation now.

"All of the players who arrived in January plus the players who were already here have developed a strong bond and we are fighting back.”

Demetriou is an interesting character with a past which seems to be anything but dull.

He said: “I don’t know if you know much about football in Cyprus, but, if you are not with one of the top four or five sides, you are gambling a little bit with your salary, you might be two or three paydays behind, not paid on time.

“Funny things can happen in the dressing rooms as well. I was looking for something more ‘football’, if you know what I mean.

“It was a mistake to go to Bulgaria because that was similar to Cyprus, to be honest. It was even worse. Fans came to training with bats one day. It was a bad experience. Don’t ask me any more about that.

"That is over, though, and I am now in the perfect place to play football.”

I'm not sure about the bit in bold :blink:

7 minutes ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

I'm not sure about the bit in bold :blink:

Yeah it was a pleasure to read an article with a footballer that wasn't totally bland. Reminds me of Andy Millen's infamous comment at a Meet The Manager do at the start of the 2005/06 Championship season...............:clapping

Would also like to know more about the incident in Bulgaria where the fans turned up with bats! :hammer

Please, please, please St. Murn don't send him on a Media Handling course!

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

gYeah it was a pleasure to read an article with a footballer that wasn't totally bland. Reminds me of Andy Millen's infamous comment at a Meet The Manager do at the start of the 2005/06 Championship season...............:clapping

Would also like to know more about the incident in Bulgaria where the fangs turned up with bats! :hammer

Please, please, please St. Murn don't send him on a Media Handling course!

Me too. I thought that only happened in Transylvania.:o

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Shit . Dicko is back emoji849.pngemoji6.png

He's currently on the OS forum getting torn into Saints fans for having the temerity to be a wee bit optimistic and positive after the last few days.

I don't say this often but 

See that Stellios, get him signed up for longer!

See that Adam Davies, get him signed up for longer!

See that Cammy Smith, get him signed up for longer!

See that Stephen McGinn, get him signed up forever!

See that Adam Eckersley, get him signed up for longer!

See that Billy O'Brien, get him signed up for longer!

See that Rory Loy, get him signed up for longer!

See that Jack Ross, get him signed up for longer!

See that Stevie Mallan, get him signed up for longer!

See that Lewis Morgan, get him signed up for longer!

*Note:- I am fully aware that some of our current squad are on loan.....

**Note:- What a job Jack Ross has done/is doing

***Note:- The above list is not exhaustive

Edited by TediousTom

1 minute ago, TediousTom said:

I don't say this often but 

See that Stellios, get him signed up for longer!

See that Adam Davies, get him signed up for longer!

See that Cammy Smith, get him signed up for longer!

See that Stephen McGinn, get him signed up forever!

See that Adam Eckersley, get him signed up for longer!

See that Billy O'Brien, get him signed up for longer!

See that Rory Loy, get him signed up for longer!

See that Jack Ross, get him signed up for longer!

See that Stevie Mallan, get him signed up for longer!

See that Lewis Morgan, get him signed up for longer!

*Note:- I am fully aware that some of our current squad are on loan.....

**Note:- What a job Jack Ross has done/is doing

***Note:- The above list is not exhaustive

Yes I see you missed out Webster and Langfield you silly old fool you. :P