St Mirren V Dunfermline 11 March

St.Ricky

I know that I am a little early in putting this up on line but I am really looking forward to this one. Games between us this season have been high tempo affairs played like cup ties. We have two tough games beforehand.  Celtic and Raith. .both away and the Pars have just today beaten Dumbarton very convincingly 5..1. Tough but this is what being a football fan is all about for me.  (And winning).

This is a must win match.
Dunfermline are easily safe so they have no pressure.
They have lost 1 from the last 6, winning 2 and drawing 3.
They have played Hibs, Dundee Utd and Falkirk in these six games.
Best I can see is a draw. [emoji20]

They have actually lost 1 game from their last 17 played over 90 minutes!

1 hour ago, Luther G. Presley said:

They have actually lost 1 game from their last 17 played over 90 minutes!

They are certainly on a very good run (understatement alert :lol:) of form.

I would put this in the same category as the Hibs game, I don't really expect us to get anything more than a draw, but we know what happened against Hibs.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

They are certainly on a very good run (understatement alert :lol:) of form.

I would put this in the same category as the Hibs game, I don't really expect us to get anything more than a draw, but we know what happened against Hibs.

Time for another visit to Fantasy World...

The worrying aspect of last night's defeat is the feeling that it was largely due to us being jaded as we can't expect to be as fresh as Dunfermline on Saturday. We can only hope that JR can do something to freshen/reinvigorate the team especially with another midweek game next week. If we've got options or a Plan B then perhaps it's time to mix things up a little.

As ever - COYS!

DAFC play a high energy game. What I hope for is a game full of action and goals. Being greedy and a St Mirrem Fan, I would like us to get one more than DAFC. We had 62% possession against Raith Rovers but couldn't get past them down the wings or through the centre. 

The players train full time so they can be fit to play their chosen Trade for 90 minutes. 

Seems to me they and the Manager combined to make us shite. 

John Hughes was man of the match 

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The worrying aspect of last night's defeat is the feeling that it was largely due to us being jaded 

3 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

Which could easily have been avoided....

What a fickle lot we are. I believe the call prior to the cup games was for JR to give the new players game time to build up match fitness and get them to gel as a team. Now some of us are moaning because the players might get tired.

How about the fact they're footballers who should be able to play more than 90 mins a week. Can we say that in the modern era or do we need to tuck players in bed early every night,  and make every excuse for them not to perform.

Maybe they were just shite last night. Can you say that in the modern era?

:withstupid

Where's the fight?

14 minutes ago, shull said:

St Mirren 2 Dunfermline 0

Crowd 2913

Shull- You ve been missed :thumbs2 

Elvis take fXcking note !!!!!!!!!!!! Don't tempt a loss ..................I BLAME YOU FOR LAST NIGHTS DEFEAT!!!!!:toilet

Edited by DougJamie

16 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

What a fickle lot we are. I believe the call prior to the cup games was for JR to give the new players game time to build up match fitness and get them to gel as a team. Now some of us are moaning because the players might get tired.

How about the fact they're footballers who should be able to play more than 90 mins a week. Can we say that in the modern era or do we need to tuck players in bed early every night,  and make every excuse for them not to perform.

Maybe they were just shite last night. Can you say that in the modern era?

Where's the fight?

I'm not arguing that the schedule that we're asking the players to complete will damage their health, rather that when up against teams who have had longer to recover between matches that sharpness and stamina towards the end of these matches will probably be poorer than opponents who have had more recovery time in the last few weeks. The modern game is a squad game.

Edited by Bud the Baker

They are full time professional football players. 

Tired :lol:

Jaded :lol:

No, the Manager and players were outwitted by John Hughes. 

Simple

Were we jaded first match of the Season at Starks Park in 1992 ? 

1 hour ago, shull said:

They are full time professional football players. 

Tired :lol:

Jaded :lol:

No, the Manager and players were outwitted by John Hughes. 

Simple

Were we jaded first match of the Season at Starks Park in 1992 ? 

No we went to Starks Park with a complacent squad and played the team who won the division at a canter and who were obviously well up for it.

As for number of matches played affecting performances level  - look around the internet you'll find a few fellow dinosaurs but the majority of educated opinion is against you. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

No we went to Starks Park with a complacent squad and played the team who won the division at a canter and who were obviously well up for it.

As for number of marches played affecting performances level  - look around the internet you'll find a few fellow dinosaurs but the majority of educated opinion is against you. 

He is winding you up.

He said on another thread that he wasn't at the game.

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As for number of matches played affecting performances level  - look around the internet you'll find a few fellow dinosaurs but the majority of educated opinion is against you. 

The Masses are Asses

29 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Have I got this right?

Practice makes perfect

but don't practise too much or you'll get tired.