St Mirren V Dunfermline 11 March

St.Ricky

Well it's pretty simple now: a head-to-head with Ayr with a quarter of the season to go.

Looking at the points picked up at each quarter (Saints v Ayr).

1st quarter - 4 v 11 

2nd quarter - 7 v 7

3rd quarter - 10 v 7

Keep that trend going and we'll finish above them. 2 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats in this quarter. Turn one of those draws into a win this quarter and that might just be enough (then we worry about Alloa and East Fife....)

Edited by Julian Banjos

29 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I seem to remember a particular poster berating other posters who only appeared on threads to criticise the team and/or the manager during Lennoin's reign, when they didn't get a result.

Where did that tosser go?:rolleyes:

Emm, that might be me:wacko:

I was there and we were shite, not tired, just fecking shite.
The Manager is poor presently.
We are a joke.

How do you figure that?

We've only lost 4 of 13 league games since the start of December and have also reached a Cup Final in that time, knock Premiership opponents out of the Scottish Cup away from home and put on a great display at the Champions midden.

We actually look like a team right now but the manager is poor and we're a joke?

Care to explain that?

As expected a very tough encounter for the buds. A better level of performance throughout the team but not quite the heights of Hibs.

If we had played like that against Raith then we would have beaten them. Raith are gash!

Terrific turnout today. Haven't had a crowd like that in quite some time that hasn't involved one of the so called bigger sides.

Let's get behind the team on Wednesday and get a win or a draw at worst.

Every point gained brings Ayr closer and that elusive playoff spot. Let's remain positive and say it was a point gained on Ayr.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Not a laughing matter.

Very sad actually.

The ups and downs of following the Saints . I'm sure by now you must be familiar with this ? 

Instead of being negative , why don't you get behind us . See where we are come May . 

Indeed. I thought we played really well and dominated the hammer throwers. We just couldn't do it right in front of goal , in particular our strikers , who should perhaps check their job description , also getting into great positions and kicking it straight at their keeper who was having a good game by all intents. .
Pass marks for most of our players , in particular Malan fought well . Heron is a decent player for them but he seemed to be a bit of a c**t. .and McMillan has obviously been to the Nakamura School for submariners, at least he was booked for it eventually but Finnie was pish for the most part especially for the two fouls he gave against Sutton , I don't think Sutton knows how to foul anybody. .

Looks like survival will come down yo our ability to score goals and more of them than whoever the opposition is . .

ls still progress as that game would have resulted in them getting a last minute goal had it been played 3 months ago. .

I did have a look Cammy Smith's goal scoring record when he signed and other than a mad hatrick against Patrick he has hardly scored a goal in his career. Don't know how Loy has been but must surely be worth a start?

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

The ups and downs of following the Saints . I'm sure by now you must be familiar with this ? 

Instead of being negative , why don't you get behind us . See where we are come May . 

Was at game and supported them every minute.

Now at home and have concluded my Team is shite.

Will be back supporting them on Wednesday, hope they stay awake to play.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Very proud of our support. Great backing for the players, and applauding them loudly after the game. I reckon we're f**king magic:)

Some "supporters " have forgotten how to support the team . 

St Mirren is for life , not just cup finals .

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Just watching Morton take the lead against QOTS. That's going to take them above Dundee United into third and all but secure their play off spot if the score stays the same.

Takes me back to April last year, when we beat them 3-1 at St Mirren Park. We looked far better than them thar day, Rae truly had Duffys number.

The opposing trajectories of both clubs since that day has been remarkable. They've went forward rapidly and we've went backward rapidly.

Why?

FFS:byebye

I used to respect you.

26 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

As expected a very tough encounter for the buds. A better level of performance throughout the team but not quite the heights of Hibs.

If we had played like that against Raith then we would have beaten them. Raith are gash!

Terrific turnout today. Haven't had a crowd like that in quite some time that hasn't involved one of the so called bigger sides.

Let's get behind the team on Wednesday and get a win or a draw at worst.

Every point gained brings Ayr closer and that elusive playoff spot. Let's remain positive and say it was a point gained on Ayr.

Think the crowd was around 4,500, although I wasn't one of them. :lol:

Keep playing like we played today and we will stay up. I haven't the slightest doubt. Dunfermline are a good outfit and improving all the time. We were the better side today especially in the seconf half and deserved to win. Didn't take our chances and didn't get the breaks but maybe that will happen on Wednesday !

On todays performance level we will beat all of Dumbarton, Ayr and Raith in the home games and are capable of picking up other wins away from home.

I'm sure we can get the play off place and wouldn't rule our 8th but that may be pushing it. If we get the play off then I'd be stunned if we go down.

Ayr are utter junk, a really poor outfit and being four point behind them with a home game to come against them then I think it would be a disgrace if this squad was 10th

For some reason Sutton does not seem to get criticised. 6 League goals all season and for the fourth game in a row had no attempts on goal, even passing it within the six yard box. Our non-existent strike force is where we are chucking away points. We had plenty of chances today but everything stops when the ball goes into the box. Time for a change up front.

2 minutes ago, insaintee said:

FFS:byebye

I used to respect you.

He gets my respect cause he does go home and away , however his utter dislike of Jack Ross seems to have got in the way of everything else . 

To be fair , I had the same opinion of Craig , Murray and Rae so each to their own .

Just now, Sonny said:

For some reason Sutton does not seem to get criticised. 6 League goals all season and for the fourth game in a row had no attempts on goal, even passing it within the six yard box. Our non-existent strike force is where we are chucking away points. We had plenty of chances today but everything stops when the ball goes into the box. Time for a change up front.

Sutton leads the line well, we are not the same side when he doesn't play. I'd start Loy on Wednesday instead of Todd but JR might want the width Todd gives.

We overplayed in the box today and didn't get the breaks but at least we picked up another point on Ayr against a dangerous opponent.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Unfortunately Loy dosn't seem like a better option right now .