St Mirren V Dunfermline 11 March

St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

He gets my respect cause he does go home and away , however his utter dislike of Jack Ross seems to have got in the way of everything else . 

To be fair , I had the same opinion of Craig , Murray and Rae so each to their own .

You had good reason with Craig , Murray and Rae. Jack Ross is doing well and if he keeps us up which I think he will then I think we'll be well in the hunt next season. Top talent of a coach and I'm not sure we will keep him that long

Started off well but unfortunately we couldn't keep the tempo up and they came back into the game which became scrappy - suited them more than us.

They understood the league situation and kept it tight until JR tried to open it up a bit - in the end the way this season has gone I was kinda relieved we didn't make any serious mistakes and earned the point.

Not a great result but a point closer to Ayr and now with a better GD I suppose it coulda been worse.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not criticising the club for giving away free tickets and trying to get more people into the ground. But they managed to ruin the good atmosphere that we had at the Hibs game. By all means give away tickets but between the main, west and family stand there was more than enough tickets 6400 for home fans. What was the point in having around 200 home fans in the North Stand when we could easily have accomodated them in the other 3 strands and generated a better atmosphere in the West stand.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Unfortunately Loy dosn't seem like a better option right now . 

Loy scored a lot of goals in this league for Falkirk and got a move up on the back of it. Proven at this level and well capable of getting goals for us.. Stop trashing players for one game where he misses a good chance and look at what he has done and can do for us

2 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Not criticising the club for giving away free tickets and trying to get more people into the ground. But they managed to ruin the good atmosphere that we had at the Hibs game. By all means give away tickets but between the main, west and family stand there was more than enough tickets 6400 for home fans. What was the point in having around 200 home fans in the North Stand when we could easily have accomodated them in the other 3 strands and generated a better atmosphere in the West stand.

Got to disagree I though it added to atmosphere. The result generated the Hibs atmosphere.

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

For some reason Sutton does not seem to get criticised. 6 League goals all season and for the fourth game in a row had no attempts on goal, even passing it within the six yard box. 

That wasn't a pass the ball just hit him he was too slow to deal with it

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

You had good reason with Craig , Murray and Rae. Jack Ross is doing well and if he keeps us up which I think he will then I think we'll be well in the hunt next season. Top talent of a coach and I'm not sure we will keep him that long

I want Ross to take us forward regardless of what division we're playing our football in next season . Without doubt , he is for me the man to take us back to where we were .

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Loy scored a lot of goals in this league for Falkirk and got a move up on the back of it. Proven at this level and well capable of getting goals for us.. Stop trashing players for one game where he misses a good chance and look at what he has done and can do for us

Not trashing , just think Sutton is the better option for us . 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

I want Ross to take us forward regardless of what division we're playing our football in next season . Without doubt , he is for me the man to take us back to where we were .

Couldn't agree more. If we do go down which I don't think we will then JR will have us back in one season. Not the slightest doubt in my mind.

If we stay up I don't think we'll keep him too long. I think he has done a superb job in the transfer window. Identified all the weaknesses in the side and sorted them as best he can.

We look a really decent outfit now which would be top four easily but for the junk Rae left.

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

He gets my respect cause he does go home and away , however his utter dislike of Jack Ross seems to have got in the way of everything else . 

To be fair , I had the same opinion of Craig , Murray and Rae so each to their own .

He would get my support if he could demonstrate the ability to support the team during what is the worst period in our history.

It is not enough to just turn up.

TC is a fair weather supporter. He is only supportive when we are winning. When we are losing he is utterly destructive.

He knows full well that the players read this forum and can read his endless negative pish.

He is not supporting the team right now. He is behaving like a whining, attention seeking, entitled brat.

Nothing wrong with that perhaps - we all do it. Unfortunately he is doing it at the expense of the team.

All I want him to do is keep this pish quiet until the season ends.

Then he can do what he likes.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He would get my support if he could demonstrate the ability to support the team during what is the worst period in our history.

TC is a fair weather supporter. He is only supportive when we are winning. When we are losing he is utterly destructive.

He knows full well that the players read this forum and can read his endless negative pish.

He is not supporting the team right now. He is behaving like a whining, attention seeking, entitled brat.

Nothing wrong with that perhaps - we all do it. Unfortunately he is doing it at the expense of the team.

I agree  with Drew

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Was trying to give the him the benefit of doubt .

36 minutes ago, David Mc said:

I did have a look Cammy Smith's goal scoring record when he signed and other than a mad hatrick against Patrick he has hardly scored a goal in his career. Don't know how Loy has been but must surely be worth a start?

Cammy Smith has been excellent for us. I'd start both him and Loy with Sutton leading the line on Wednesday. I don't think Todd gives enough for us. Decent player but Loy and Smith are better. Todd would only be an option of JR wants the width which he tends to go with on either side.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Wait a minute, you actually believe that one person writing some shite on a daft football forum is "utterly destructive" and you are only classed as a supporter when you are "supportive" no matter what? :blink:

Jesus wept. <_<

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You might be thankfully the majority of us still have the fight in us to pull it round. You really have changed your stance as a fan over the last couple of years, the words fair weather spring to mind.

Always a fan.

There today supporting them fully.

Same again on Wednesday and every Match I attend forever and ever and ever and ever and ............

Now I am on a Forum between Matches stating we are shite.

I aint wrong.

Still love and support them.

Delete yir stoopit post

57 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You might be thankfully the majority of us still have the fight in us to pull it round. You really have changed your stance as a fan over the last couple of years, the words fair weather spring to mind.

RANKPULLER :lol:

Big missed opperchancity today. We just had to score.

Not impressed with Loy, gets only last 20 minutes and strolls about with minimum effort. Todd too was underwhelming.

Need to have more direct shots and stop trying to dribble ball in to net.

So many games just now, need to hope we can get fresh for Wednesday and pull it out of the bag.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Big missed opperchancity today. We just had to score.

Not impressed with Loy, gets only last 20 minutes and strolls about with minimum effort. Todd too was underwhelming.

Need to have more direct shots and stop trying to dribble ball in to net.

So many games just now, need to hope we can get fresh for Wednesday and pull it out of the bag.

Have to agree on Loy. Not nearly committed enough.

Just watching Morton take the lead against QOTS. That's going to take them above Dundee United into third and all but secure their play off spot if the score stays the same.

Takes me back to April last year, when we beat them 3-1 at St Mirren Park. We looked far better than them thar day, Rae truly had Duffys number.

The opposing trajectories of both clubs since that day has been remarkable. They've went forward rapidly and we've went backward rapidly.

Why?

I would suggest that Duffy had a young team that were inconsistent but would improve in time. They managed to keep the majority of that squad keeping consistency.

We had a squad that were aging but were bolstered by a couple of guys that cared about our club. Said guys were told to leave while we kept guys like Clarkson, Webster, Quin and then signed anyone we could on loan from rangers.

In comparison to Wednesday the boys could not be faulted for their effort but not enough shots on target. Morgan had a good second half but I felt him and Smith were muscled off the ball a lot by the Pars defenders. McGinn been quiet in the last two games for me and Mallan so frustrating,  some fantastic  passes but fails with the simple stuff. A real positive was McKenzie and Davis who were solid, I think the number of games is taking its toll on the younger guys and Ross was right to rest Magennis and Stelios. 

Not the 3 points we desired but a point gained on Ayr and still confident we will catch them....COYS

Despite what the usual fuds ate saying today it was nothing but a point gained, a point closer to 9th. Hard game against one of the form teams in the division and at the end we are a point closer our objective and 9th, avoiding automatic relegation. Anyone who paints it otherwise is a grudge / agenda holder. Bottom line is we need to be 9th or better after the final game of the season. How we achieve that is irrelevant bit with the three teams above us all to play at home it is totally achievable.

Mmh not sure. Other than having a pro saints agenda, I'm also pro jack ross, i feel today really was a game we should have won if we want to stay up.

I remember listening to JR on the way home from Dunfermline away and he said getting points in places like east end park is a good result as long as we were getting wins at home.

We are now only 4 behind Ayr and still have to play them at home but we need to be better than them in other games so taking points at home to shite like dunf are a must.

5 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Mmh not sure. Other than having a pro saints agenda, I'm also pro jack ross, i feel today really was a game we should have won if we want to stay up.

I remember listening to JR on the way home from Dunfermline away and he said getting points in places like east end park is a good result as long as we were getting wins at home.

We are now only 4 behind Ayr and still have to play them at home but we need to be better than them in other games so taking points at home to shite like dunf are a must.

Shite like Dunfermline who are on a pretty decent run of form ?