St Mirren V Dunfermline 11 March

St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, ok. :lol:

Ok , so if we get a win against Utd are we close to being safe ? I fail to see why we're doomed if we don't beat Utd . 

It must be easy to pass judgment on a team that you never go to see . 

I seem to remember a particular poster berating other posters who only appeared on threads to criticise the team and/or the manager during Lennoin's reign, when they didn't get a result.

Where did that tosser go?:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

Just now, munoz said:

Ok , so if we get a win against Utd are we close to being safe ? I fail to see why we're doomed if we don't beat Utd . 

It must be easy to pass judgment on a team that you never go to see . 

Sorry, didn't know it was a forum rule you can't comment on the teams situation unless you "go", ya trumpet. :booty

Just watching Morton take the lead against QOTS. That's going to take them above Dundee United into third and all but secure their play off spot if the score stays the same.

Takes me back to April last year, when we beat them 3-1 at St Mirren Park. We looked far better than them thar day, Rae truly had Duffys number.

The opposing trajectories of both clubs since that day has been remarkable. They've went forward rapidly and we've went backward rapidly.

Why?

Despite what the usual fuds ate saying today it was nothing but a point gained, a point closer to 9th. Hard game against one of the form teams in the division and at the end we are a point closer our objective and 9th, avoiding automatic relegation. Anyone who paints it otherwise is a grudge / agenda holder. Bottom line is we need to be 9th or better after the final game of the season. How we achieve that is irrelevant bit with the three teams above us all to play at home it is totally achievable.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

How can I answer that? :blink:

If you had any brains you would notice I don't post on "how we play" or players performances because I'm not there. :clapping

You don't have to be there to comment on our predicament, do you? :hammer

Away back to your lager, trumpet. :lol:

5 emoticons suggests your losing the argument or some wee girl has hacked your account . 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Despite what the usual fuds ate saying today it was nothing but a point gained, a point closer to 9th. Hard game against one of the form teams in the division and at the end we are a point closer our objective and 9th, avoiding automatic relegation. Anyone who paints it otherwise is a grudge / agenda holder. Bottom line is we need to be 9th or better after the final game of the season. How we achieve that is irrelevant bit with the three teams above us all to play at home it is totally achievable.

Well said . The negative comments are from "fans" that don't go , or those with managerial agendas. 

Great game with the wrong outcome. We were well on top. The possession stats don't full reflect what happened.  Having said that. . We could also have lost.Onwards and upwards 

Thought the best chance of the games was Dunfermline's.

That one on one with ten minutes to go which was well saved by Billy.

They also had a decent penalty claim turned down - which Thommo thought was a penalty.

In saying all that, i thought a draw was fair.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Well said . The negative comments are from "fans" that don't go , or those with managerial agendas. 

I was there and we were shite, not tired, just fecking shite.

The Manager is poor presently.

We are a joke.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Hugely frustrating.

Plenty of decent chances, but, too often, the strikes were pass backs.

What an opportunity to close the gap to 2 points. Not nearly enough conviction. Just not good enough.

Indeed. I thought we played really well and dominated the hammer throwers. We just couldn't do it right in front of goal , in particular our strikers , who should perhaps check their job description , also getting into great positions and kicking it straight at their keeper who was having a good game by all intents. .

Pass marks for most of our players , in particular Malan fought well . Heron is a decent player for them but he seemed to be a bit of a c**t. .and McMillan has obviously been to the Nakamura School for submariners, at least he was booked for it eventually but Finnie was pish for the most part especially for the two fouls he gave against Sutton , I don't think Sutton knows how to foul anybody. .

Looks like survival will come down yo our ability to score goals and more of them than whoever the opposition is . .

ls still progress as that game would have resulted in them getting a last minute goal had it been played 3 months ago. .

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Thought the best chance of the games was Dunfermline's.

That one on one with ten minutes to go which was well saved by Billy.

They also had a decent penalty claim turned down - which Thommo thought was a penalty.

In saying all that, i thought a draw was fair.

It was a dive bud. He got a hand on his shoulder and threw both feet up behind him. Seeing the replay he split the players to play for it.

Just watching Morton take the lead against QOTS. That's going to take them above Dundee United into third and all but secure their play off spot if the score stays the same.

Takes me back to April last year, when we beat them 3-1 at St Mirren Park. We looked far better than them thar day, Rae truly had Duffys number.

The opposing trajectories of both clubs since that day has been remarkable. They've went forward rapidly and we've went backward rapidly.

Why?

Not sure this is the answer you want to hear but IMO Rae totally f**ked up the summer recruitment and we ended up with a completely imbalanced team that had no goals and very little dig in it. He want d to go 4-4-2 when it was evident that he hadn't brought in the personnel to play that way. He was, I'll grant you, unlucky that he didn't see the benefit of McKenzie playing as he was unfit but our team was a shambles.

Jack Ross has rectified that and we now have squad that is hopefully good enough to stay up but time will tell.

BTW Morton having one good year every decade or so doesn't mean Duffy is the next SAF.