Jack Ross Must Stay

We have just received the not inconsiderable accolade of being named by Brendan Rodgers as the best team his high-flying Celtic have played domestically this season. Quite an astonishing statement in all circumstances.

As such, and despite the fact that we have much work to do to salvage a dire season, I believe that Jack Ross has shown enough to suggest that he has what is required to ultimately propel our club in the right direction.

It is time to get full square behind our young management team and accept that we require stability, with a  committed and ambitious management team at the helm. I think we have that, and if we back them, we will be heading back to where we belong sooner rather than later!

2 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I think we've got ourselves a gem here....

Really hope we can keep a hold of him for a few seasons, if we can then I'm confident we'll be back in the premiership in the not too distant future. 

While the "Jack Ross must go" thread was way off the mark at the time, this thread is still, IMO, too early.

There's no doubt the signs are improving, but didn't we beat Hibs early in the season with a "shambles" of a squad?

The end of the season should be a time to reflect and assess the performance of the manager.

We are still very much in trouble, this Wednesday brings yet another "must win" game. (Not the last this season I fear)

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, but it should be tempered with some level of reality.

If as some suggest our players read our collective drivel on here I think this post would embarrass them.
No professional footballer or manager will or indeed should ever celebrate a 4-1 defeat. Ffs put it in perspective... it could have been worse!

Ah, here's the Queen of drivel with another post to embarrass, once again...

Who's been celebrating a 4-1 defeat?

36 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If as some suggest our players read our collective drivel on here I think this post would embarrass them.
No professional footballer or manager will or indeed should ever celebrate a 4-1 defeat. Ffs put it in perspective... it could have been worse!

Bollocks.

I wasn't celebrating the result. I was commending the progress made, and highlighting the thoughts of the manager who has his club sitting miles ahead at the top of the Scottish game.

Any suggestion of positivity has no place on this forum.

We could've received an absolute gubbing today. However, most will view us as coming out with a great amount of credit.

For some, the mantra of JR not being the man for the job and Rae was sacked too early is a very difficult one to give up.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Regarding his praise i think Rodgers is suffering from amnesia... surely first division Alloa going there in the league cup and holding out till the 80th odd minute was worthy of his praise?

Aye right enough he doesn't know what he's talking about. :lol:

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And it could have been better had the one that hit the bar had gone in . Ifs and buts , but I'm very much looking forward to the run in . 

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Regarding his praise i think Rodgers is suffering from amnesia... surely first division Alloa going there in the league cup and holding out till the 80th odd minute was worthy of his praise?

Who was Alloa manager that night?

22 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe Rodgers thought that a team coming to his place to play football, try to get forward, not park the bus, take the lead, and go in 1-0 up at half time was more impressive than what Alloa did, albeit of much merit. Maybe Rodgers, being forced to hook Mackay-Steven and bring on not only Roberts, but Griffiths, and to take off Nir Bitton because of the situation St Mirren put his team in, saw that as being a situation more serious than Alloa presented. Maybe Rodgers, seeing a whipped-in free kick nearly see his team go 0-2 down, saw St Mirren's threat as being more serious and impressive than Alloa's. Maybe Rodgers has an account on here and knows you talk shite. Maybe...

Don't really give a flying fcuk about Brendan Rodgers " accolades",  great to see we had a go. This team will be judged on whether or not they kept us in the league, on that performance alone we have little to worry about ...............bring on Raith Rovers  Wednesday night. COYS!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, car-d bud said:

Don't really give a flying fcuk about Brendan Rodgers " accolades",  great to see we had a go. This team will be judged on whether or not they kept us in the league, on that performance alone we have little to worry about ...............bring on Raith Rovers  Wednesday night. COYS!!!!!!!

I'd say the comments of a man who clearly knows his fitba onions arr worth listening to. I'm not looking to overplay it, but he specifically commented that the team were clearly very well coached. Coming from a guy in his position, that's good to hear. Well, I reckon it is.