Jack Ross Must Stay

Regarding his praise i think Rodgers is suffering from amnesia... surely first division Alloa going there in the league cup and holding out till the 80th odd minute was worthy of his praise?

That when they took the lead and were the first Scottish team since 2014 to lead Celtic at halftime at Celtic Park?

Or are you talking shite as usual?

Any excuse to be negative about the team I suppose...

The standard of Jack's coaching is such that we currently reside, five points adrift at the bottom of the championship. We scored then conceeded four today, that said it could have been worse.

we have had a much improved set of results recently, but we are only as good as our next game, to perhaps save ourselves from inflated highs, and cavernous lows a wee bit of perspective is in order..?

anyone not having watched the game today, and seeing the score will think " told ye, scottish football is shite, Celtic win everything". This was never our Waterloo, Kirkcaldy, Wednesday night, The 2021 next Saturday... six points from them.. that will be worth raising a glass or two!

i rememeber when we could put four past Celtic ourselves... it didnae seem to help our coach then!

3 hours ago, scottd said:

Is it the guy you described as Saints legend earlier in the season before he became our manager?

Scott, I like Jack Ross...

i liked him as a player we has with a decent attitude, and a bit of skill, I like how he comes over, I believe he is honest and sincere. I dont like that he wasnt the right man for our needs, and because of that we are bottom by at least two wins on the nearest team with games running out.

but if it amuses you, keep quoting whatever you like, maybe you will quote the above where I say "I like Jack Ross"..? Then again..?

Jack Ross will keep us up this season and I think he'll do it without a play off. Thing is he may not be our manager next season because a bigger club willl recongnise the talent and appoint him.

I think this guy is the one of the top coaching talent of the young generation of managers. Bright, articulate, respected by players, knows how to manage people and knows a player. Top drawer IMO and we won't have him for long. So enjoy it whilst he is here cause it aint going to be long !

1. I hope Jack makes sure that the Celtic Manager's comments are firmly placed in context. Nice as they were, he was hardly comparing us to Barcelona and his team had just gubbed us 4-1. A bit of a back-handed compliment to his own side?

Don't need egos becoming inflated before Wednesday night.

2. I wonder if the comments made were actually an attempt to wind up the tribute act that will be playing Celtic next week?

2 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

1. I hope Jack makes sure that the Celtic Manager's comments are firmly placed in context. Nice as they were, he was hardly comparing us to Barcelona and his team had just gubbed us 4-1. A bit of a back-handed compliment to his own side?

2. I wonder if the comments made were actually an attempt to wind up the tribute act that will be playing Celtic next week?

Jack Ross comes across as a level headed type . I'm pretty sure BR comments aren't going to have any detrimental affect on him or the squad. 

7 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

1. I'm sure Jack will take his comments as a nice compliment, then forget about it and move onto Raith.

1a. Can't see a 4-1 defeat causing any Billy Big Baws thoughts.

2. Probably. Which I find mildly amusing.

I wouldn't listen to Rodgers comments. He's hiding up in Scotland. In early forties he should be managing and learning at a much higher level, not infalting his ego with a club who have a  spending capacity light years ahead of the rest. He had a good 6 months spell at Liverpool and then it all went downhill. Totally failed at Reading. Good man manager but not the mesiah he is being hailed as. Eddie Howe, Paul Clement, Sean Dyche are streets ahead and testing themselves and learning at the top !.

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I wouldn't listen to Rodgers comments. He's hiding up in Scotland. In early forties he should be managing and learning at a much higher level, not infalting his ego with a club who have a  spending capacity light years ahead of the rest. He had a good 6 months spell at Liverpool and then it all went downhill. Totally failed at Reading. Good man manager but not the mesiah he is being hailed as. Eddie Howe, Paul Clement, Sean Dyche are streets ahead and testing themselves and learning at the top !.

I agree. Wish he'd said 'St Mirren were only in the lead because we were half asleep, McKay-Steven was shite, and Boyata was doing his best Efe Ambrose impersonation. The pitch was guff, suited the lower league hammer throwers. Craig Gordon's kick outs were pish. Dembele sclaffed an easy chance wide, otherwise we'd have mopped the floor with these losers. I kicked my team's arse at half time to wake the barstewards up. Lazy chunts won't be in my team at Ibrox next week'.

If he'd actually said that, I think he would have got less grief on here than he has for paying us a compliment.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I agree. Wish he'd said 'St Mirren were only in the lead because we were half asleep, McKay-Steven was shite, and Boyata was doing his best Efe Ambrose impersonation. The pitch was guff, suited the lower league hammer throwers. Craig Gordon's kick outs were pish. Dembele sclaffed an easy chance wide, otherwise we'd have mopped the floor with these losers. I kicked my team's arse at half time to wake the barstewards up. Lazy chunts won't be in my team at Ibrox next week'.

If he'd actually said that, I think he would have got less grief on here than he has for paying us a compliment.

No, he wouldn't . :1eye

17 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

yeah your right...Mark warburton was much better

1. Brendan Rodgers says a good thing about St Mirren;

2. Brendan Rodgers isn't really that great - he's underachieving;

3. Anyway, he's only saying it to wind up The Rangers, or Aberdeen, or, or...;

4. Let's dismiss what the fanny said and hope everyone will get back to discussing St Mirren's impending relegation instead;

5. We can now get back to being f**king miserable;

6. Phew!

Just now, Drew said:

4. Let's dismiss what the fanny said and hope everyone will get back to discussing St Mirren's impending relegation instead;

6. Phew!

What relegation. We are not going down !

Just now, Drew said:

6. Phew!

7. Get it sorted MacPherson.

8. FFS Cheesy!

9. FFS Webster!

10. FFS Langfield!

11. Get Clarkson on.

27 minutes ago, Drew said:

6. Phew!

Oh dear.

TBH you've always like Brendan.......................:lol:

Start a thread.......................Brendan Rodgers Appreciation Thread. :whistle 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

All your hilarious catchphrases in the one post, congratulations. :1eye

The way you needlessly quoted Poz's post was indeed quite unfunny skidmark.

Not so well done skiddy one, not so well done indeed.

Edited by TediousTom

12 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

The way you needlessly quoted Poz's post was indeed quite unfunny skidmark.

Not so well done skiddy one, not so well done indeed.

Nice edit Tom. :whistle

You are almost worth the effort you put into your tedious posts.

Keep it up. :lol:

You are as dull as Tantrum....................wait?

Edited by faraway saint