Jack Ross Must Stay

Can i pose some 'like' thinking to those who believe that when Jack Ross said on appointment "there is enough quality in the current squad to climb the table" he actually meant... "what a pile of shit this lot are". 

The 'like' thinking is when Brendan Rodgers said "they are the best team organised we have come up against domestically" did he really mean "well I f**ked up both starting line up and tactics there, my centre backs and Mackay-Steven were honking, Broonie was pish and I dont want the baying mob to get all up in their business before the Sevco game, so lets say the team we just put four past were really good"

just a theory that apparently is fact regarding our Jacko.

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Scott, I like Jack Ross...

i liked him as a player we has with a decent attitude, and a bit of skill, I like how he comes over, I believe he is honest and sincere. I dont like that he wasnt the right man for our needs, and because of that we are bottom by at least two wins on the nearest team with games running out.

but if it amuses you, keep quoting whatever you like, maybe you will quote the above where I say "I like Jack Ross"..? Then again..?

You say that 'he wasn't the right man for our needs' as if that was undisputed fact when it is no more than an opinion.  I happen to think he is the right man for our needs and more importantly so does Gordon Scott.  Ross appears to be a long term appointment as we attempt to move away from the short term shitfest sacking cycle.  He has built his own team and things are improving, give the guy a break.

9 minutes ago, scottd said:

You say that 'he wasn't the right man for our needs' as if that was undisputed fact when it is no more than an opinion.  I happen to think he is the right man for our needs and more importantly so does Gordon Scott.  Ross appears to be a long term appointment as we attempt to move away from the short term shitfest sacking cycle.  He has built his own team and things are improving, give the guy a break.

Sorry for offering my opinions Scott, I kinda thought that was what this place was for. Feel free to carry on stalking bud.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You didn't say advantage? :1eye

You, on the other hand, didn't answer my question? :lol:

PS You continually deride anything "traditionally Scottish" which is strange as Scotland, pro rata, has been pretty successful in many areas. :blink:

Are you English? :whistle

Has been. Exactly the correct phrase.

Edited by oaksoft

As the anti JR camp always say I think the FACTS speak for themselves. St Mirren were a well deserved one goal up at half time and unlucky not to be two up. The team well were organised and we were all pleasantly surprised with the scoreline and the teams performance as "St Mirren FC, Northbank aggro" could be clearly heard on TV getting sung with great gusto by those valiant buds who were there playing there part.

What BR said was a severe kick in the testicles for every other team in the premier league but do you know what, I'll take it. It was a dig at the Sons of Satan but who cares, we deserved it. St Mirren did us all proud and JR was at the helm doing his bit.

The facts show we are adrift at the bottom of the league but under the guidance of JR the facts at the end of the season should portray a totally different scenario. 

Lets all get out there on Wednesday and bring the house down. Drummer boys and singing voices let's make sure "St Mirren FC, Northbank aggro" reverberates right through Fife and all the way back to Paisley.

Maybe we could even start a wee "JACK ROSS MUST STAY" chant.

:withstupid

Go on FS, Lord pitiful and the rest of you doubters. You know it makes sense.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
too busy chanting JR must stay

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

As the anti JR camp always say I think the FACTS speak for themselves. St Mirren were a well deserved one goal up at half time and unlucky to be two up. The team well were organised and we were all pleasantly surprised with the scoreline and the teams performance as "St Mirren FC, Northbank aggro" could be clearly heard on TV getting sung with great gusto by those valiant buds who were there playing there part.

What BR said was a severe kick in the testicles for every other team in the premier league but do you know what, I'll take it. It was a dig at the Sons of Satan but who cares, we deserved it. St Mirren did us all proud and JR was at the helm doing his bit.

The facts show we are adrift at the bottom of the league but under the guidance of JR the facts at the end of the season should portray a totally different scenario. 

Lets all get out there on Wednesday and bring the house down. Drummer boys and singing voices let's make sure "St Mirren FC, Northbank aggro" reverberates right through Fife and all the way back to Paisley.

.......and if it doesn't?

PS - I don't consider myself anti JR.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

.......and if it doesn't?

PS - I don't consider myself anti JR.

Sorry BtB. Should have included you with FS & Co. Oversight on my part. If not anti How about a Sniper taking pot shots at JR at any opportunity.

Anyway now your halfway there just jump on the JR Bandwagon till the end of the season.

Join us. JR is the man. We'll welcome you on board.

.......and if it doesn't? we're going down but I don't think we will. 

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

As the anti JR camp always say I think the FACTS speak for themselves. St Mirren were a well deserved one goal up at half time and unlucky not to be two up. The team well were organised and we were all pleasantly surprised with the scoreline and the teams performance as "St Mirren FC, Northbank aggro" could be clearly heard on TV getting sung with great gusto by those valiant buds who were there playing there part.

Aye, well, we hope so but we have some way to go at the moment.

Me a doubter or "anti JR"? :lol:

If that's what you see as somebody who has stated my concern that our club are rooted at the bottom of a shit league and, still, looking like relegation material.

Also, asking for our manager, not to be sacked, but to be assessed at the end of the season makes me a doubter the so be it.

PS Need to go, got to get fitter. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, well, we hope so but we have some way to go at the moment.

Me a doubter or "anti JR"? :lol:

If that's what you see as somebody who has stated my concern that our club are rooted at the bottom of a shit league and, still, looking like relegation material.

Also, asking for our manager, not to be sacked, but to be assessed at the end of the season makes me a doubter the so be it.

Well you're certainly a mischief maker. Looks like your also jumping on the JR bandwagon. Welcome aboard.

14 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Well you're certainly a mischief maker. Looks like your also jumping on the JR bandwagon. Welcome aboard.

He's got splinters up his arse from sitting on his fence. :lol:

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

So you are anti the manager and club if you think the current manager has thus far under achieved (FYI we are still rock bottom of the league, hopefully not come 5 oclock saturday)..? Its a curious way for fellow fans to build and unite a suppor.

Right on queue. Another pot shot from head of the JR sniping Division. We are, as you say bottom of the league but you just know you want to climb aboard the JR bandwagon for the harem scarem roller-coaster ride that will take us to the end of the season.

Come on we'll welcome you aboard.

JACK ROSS MUST STAY

COYS

8 minutes ago, Kendo said:

He's got splinters up his arse from sitting on his fence. :lol:

Setting a target is not sitting on the fence.

No matter what GS has said in public, I believe he will have set an end of season target for the team/JR to achieve. Remember TF was giving AR the "vote of confidence" just a couple of days before the draw at Dumbarton.

Respect everyone's opinion but anyone who has watched the "new" team Jack assembled in January and doesn't think we've improved immeasurably is at it IMO!

Absolutely night and day. Sure it's not perfect, but for me anyway Jack has shown that he's the man for the long term plan.

Would love to see all the supporters united behind him, but accept that some fans are just never happy.

Just now, div said:

Respect everyone's opinion but anyone who has watched the "new" team Jack assembled in January and doesn't think we've improved immeasurably as a team is at it IMO!

Absolutely night and day. Sure it's not perfect, but for me anyway Jack has shown that he's the man for the long term plan.

Would love to see all the supporters united behind him, but accept that for some fans are just never happy.

I think winning games, irrespective of how we are playing, will unite the vast majority of the support.

Oh, and escaping relegation might help.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I think winning games, irrespective of how we are playing, will unite the vast majority of the support.

A support that is united behind the manager and team might just assist in attaining these goals. That was pretty much the point of this thread - Rodgers' comments yesterday simply gave me an excuse/prompt.

Anyway, my main aim was to relegate (aherm) the 'JR Must Go' thread to the lower regions of this board, and that has, thus far, been achieved. My plea to have it removed altogether didn't work, so this is the next best thing:)

COYS!

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The vast majority of the support is united behind Jack Ross now. 

21 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Right on queue. Another pot shot from head of the JR sniping Division. We are, as you say bottom of the league but you just know you want to climb aboard the JR bandwagon for the harem scarem roller-coaster ride that will take us to the end of the season.

Come on we'll welcome you aboard.

JACK ROSS MUST STAY

COYS

I have been 'on it' for fifty years before JR turned up, and god/allah/trump willing I will still be 'on it' long after he has followed all our recent past managers climb//tumble through the leagues.

11 minutes ago, div said:

Respect everyone's opinion but anyone who has watched the "new" team Jack assembled in January and doesn't think we've improved immeasurably is at it IMO!

Would love to see all the supporters united behind him, but accept that some fans are just never happy.

It's only a month or so since you said JR couldn't be bulletproof, you had a publically declared target that he had to achieve - does this mean you weren't supporting him until he achieved it?