Jack Ross Must Stay

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nobody could be stupid enough to measure our chances of safety on league position alone.

Oh wait.....................

I suppose nobody could be stupid enough to be happy if we were still bottom by only a point at the end of the season.............

Oh wait..............

PS Where did anybody say our chances of safety are measured by league positions alone? :blink:

All "anybody" said was our current manger has kept us in the same league position as we were when he started, is that wrong?

Looks like it's silly season, 2 months early. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I suppose nobody could be stupid enough to be happy if we were still bottom by only a point at the end of the season.............

Oh wait..............

Come back when it is the end of the season.

Know what, I think the penny might finally be dropping.

ETA - then again....

Edited by Drew

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh wait..............

PS Where did anybody say our chances of safety are measured by league positions alone? :blink:

All "anybody" said was our current manger has kept us in the same league position as we were when he started, is that wrong?

Looks like it's silly season, 2 months early. :lol:

Hasty edit, there. I'm afraid you retrieved nothing,  however . 

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Hasty edit, there. I'm afraid you retrieved nothing,  however . 

Drew, run along, you're either having a very bad day or turned into stupid, you choose.

I'm out. :byebye

I'm correct, you, on the other hand are trying to make this something entirely different. (Technically speaking :lol:)

Edited by faraway saint

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Drew, run along, you're either having a very bad day or turned into stupid, you choose.

I'm out. :byebye

I'm correct, you, on the other hand are trying to make this something entirely different. (Technically speaking :lol:)

*inset smiley face*

That'll do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump for this. Even in defeat, the connection between the team and the fans was clear to see on Saturday. It's my belief that the manager has helped build that connection back up, from going into the supporters bar to chat with fans, to making it clear week in week out how important the fans are and how much the players feed off the supporters. Also by getting the team playing good, attacking football every week, and improving the team with his signings. The fans deserve huge credit for getting behind the club the way they have. The hardcore have never gone away, but the growing number of travelling supporters and the incredible support they give has done the club proud, and that shouldn't be taken for granted.

While we're not certain to stay up this season, I've seen more than enough of the manager's way of working, his positivity and his unifying of the fanbase for me to give him my backing to stay for next season, whatever division we're in. I'm extremely confident that it will be the same one we're in, but if not I'll give Jack and James and the management team my full support to continue in the job. I understand others opinion will differ, but I think we've got a guy with a big future in charge of the team, and long may it continue.

Jack Ross must stay.

Edited by Soctty

Agreed, think he should stay irrespective of where we end up.

Also, while we have a tough run of fixtures, you can say the same for Ayr and Dumbarton. Looks to me like we are roughly playing the same teams, and some of our better performances have been away from home.

all about the positivity, it's all you can be! 

Its still very much up to us......... some on here just had Ayr staying on 25 points, these teams will scratch and kick, Sons have been doing it for years, and we did it in SPL most seasons......

If Ayr beat United which is possible, cause we played United off the park, they will be 2 points off 5th!!

No team is unbeatable just now. Pars had the far better chances against Ton, Falkirk now look fragile, even Hibs are up and down...... 

We just need the old one game at a time mentality..... beat Ayr Saturday we will be very close to the pack, it wont be easy, but I do hope the fans ( we are awesome) again turn out, and its a great occasion. Ayr will put 10 men behind the ball, so we need to convert....

Smith back in and I reckon we will be to strong........

Win and its going to be " enjoyable"

1 hour ago, Drew said:

*BUMP*

Once again, this should be sitting above tbe increasingly preposterous 'must go' thread.

Well done Jack, James, all the staff and players.

Doesn't really matter which thread is at the top, we're still 10th and if that's where we finish JR will deserve to go.

If we stay up this season it will be solely down to me and my insistence that 10th was not good enough - solely!

*BUMP*
Once again, this should be sitting above tbe increasingly preposterous 'must go' thread.
Well done Jack, James, all the staff and players.

Spot on. I'd be gobsmacked if Jack Ross wasn't still here next season, wherever we end up. He will remain as manager in my opinion, and rightly so.

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Doesn't really matter which thread is at the top, we're still 10th and if that's where we finish JR will deserve to go.

I disagree.

Since Jack has brought his own players in, with the exception of the Raith rwsult, we have been very good indeed.

The players are a cohesive unit, play for each other and the jersey, and the support has been mobilised in a hugely positive way. I believe that much of that is attributable to Jack Ross and James Fowler. I'm 100% behind him, and want gim to stay even if we do go down (something that I don't think is going to happen).

6 games to go and we are bottom of the league

where we were when Jack Ross took over

St Mirren have never ever been in such a dreadful position, facing relegation to the third tier

beating the likes of Ayr united should be considered par for the course, not treating it like winning the world cup :lol:

6 games to go and we are bottom of the league
where we were when Jack Ross took over
St Mirren have never ever been in such a dreadful position, facing relegation to the third tier
beating the likes of Ayr united should be considered par for the course, not treating it like winning the world cup [emoji38]

Find me some who's treating it like winning the World Cup.

We're playing brilliant football. If you can't enjoy that and get carried away a bit, I have nothing but pity for you. Embrace life, rather than mocking others for loving it.

19 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Spot on. I'd be gobsmacked if Jack Ross wasn't still here next season, wherever we end up. He will remain as manager in my opinion, and rightly so.

The only way Jack Ross will be leaving us any time soon is if a bigger club want's him, and the way things have 

been going lately it's a possibility.....(sadly:()