Jack Ross Must Stay

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe Rodgers thought that a team coming to his place to play football, try to get forward, not park the bus, take the lead, and go in 1-0 up at half time was more impressive than what Alloa did, albeit of much merit. Maybe Rodgers, being forced to hook Mackay-Steven and bring on not only Roberts, but Griffiths, and to take off Nir Bitton because of the situation St Mirren put his team in, saw that as being a situation more serious than Alloa presented. Maybe Rodgers, seeing a whipped-in free kick nearly see his team go 0-2 down, saw St Mirren's threat as being more serious and impressive than Alloa's. Maybe Rodgers has an account on here and knows you talk shite. Maybe...

obviously aimed at Sevco as his next opponents.......

Just now, car-d bud said:

his comments mean feck all at the end of the season, if we stay up it wont be down to him.

:blink:

Who suggested it would?

I'm merely suggesting that it is a further indication of our recent progress. Not sure why you're getting into such a lather about it.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'd say the comments of a man who clearly knows his fitba onions arr worth listening to. I'm not looking to overplay it, but he specifically commented that the team were clearly very well coached. Coming from a guy in his position, that's good to hear. Well, I reckon it is.

Would you, and some others, be so keen on "a man who clearly knows his fitba onions" if he wasn't so full of praise?

I'll save you some time, NAW! :lol:

I'm sure he'd be more in the "bawbag" category, at least. :lol:

1 minute ago, car-d bud said:

obviously aimed at Sevco as his next opponents.......

Funny, I texted the exact same thing to my Sellik supporting mate when he first said it. Even allowing for the fact he may have taken an opportunity to fire a wee dig towards the Sevco, Scott Brown was complimentary about us too, in his post match Sky interview. I think both Rodgers and Brown meant it - we gave them a real scare and a fright, nearly going 2-0 up too. They've been rodgering opponents recently by four, five, six... I believe they are genuine in their praise. Brown is still a snarling wee scrote though. :P

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While the "Jack Ross must go" thread was way off the mark at the time, this thread is still, IMO, too early.

There's no doubt the signs are improving, but didn't we beat Hibs early in the season with a "shambles" of a squad?

The end of the season should be a time to reflect and assess the performance of the manager.

We are still very much in trouble, this Wednesday brings yet another "must win" game. (Not the last this season I fear)

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, but it should be tempered with some level of reality.

what Jack Ross did in the January window was astonishing. Listen to him on interviews he is articulate with good knowledge of the game. We beat the league leaders during the week then went onto play the Scottish champions leading up till the 50th minute. We have a gem of a manager who will keep us up this season. Book mark if you want. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Would you, and some others, be so keen on "a man who clearly knows his fitba onions" if he wasn't so full of praise?

I'll save you some time, NAW! :lol:

I'm sure he'd be more in the "bawbag" category, at least. :lol:

Jesus wept.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

:blink:

Who suggested it would?

I'm merely suggesting that it is a further indication of our recent progress. Not sure why you're getting into such a lather about it.

i`m not getting into a  lather, calm down, merely stating Brendan Rodgers thoughts about St Mirren being the best team he`s faced are more to wind up Sevco ten praise Saints  

Just now, car-d bud said:

i`m not getting into a  lather, calm down, merely stating Brendan Rodgers thoughts about St Mirren being the best team he`s faced are more to wind up Sevco ten praise Saints  

That's your take on it. I'd rather take it at face value as someone with a decent profile talking up our club/team/manager. It seems some folk on here struggle with such a concept.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

That's your take on it. I'd rather take it at face value as someone with a decent profile talking up our club/team/manager. It seems some folk on here struggle with such a concept.

you seem to struggle with fact Rodgers don`t give a flying fcuk about Saints, REGARDLESS of what he/Brown says. However if he can use Saints to "bait" Sevco about how poor they`ve been all season as opponents he`ll go for it. Rodgers aint daft, i`ll give him that. as I said,come end of season his paludits will count for nothing if we don`t stay up........which I think we will;

I am happily preparing to eat my words from earlier in the season when it looked to me like performances were getting better but where we were losing out in the vital head to heads with other struggling teams in key games.

It is looking like Jack and James have recruited well, identified our weak spots and rectified those and brought in a few other good young players and some players in their mid-20s with some first team experience and now not as much rests of the homegrown youngsters shoulders. we've still not passed the points threshhold where I think Jack's job becomes safe even if we go down narrowly, but at the moment it is looking like if we can play the way we have done in our last 4 or 5 games then we should pick up enough wins in March to start climbing off 10th place.

Well done Jack.

In the space of 5 days we have been praised by the manager of the team that is top of the Championship as the best he has played against this season and then praised by the manager of a team who is walking away with the Premiership and who's side played in the Champions League, as the best domestic side his team has played against this season. I think we should take great positives from both managers.

Just now, Sonny said:

In the space of 5 days we have been praised by the manager of the team that is top of the Championship as the best he has played against this season and then praised by the manager of a team who is walking away with the Premiership and who's side played in the Champions League, as the best domestic side his team has played against this season. I think we should take great positives from both managers.

Maybe Lennon was trying to wind up Sevco too.:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I am happily preparing to eat my words from earlier in the season when it looked to me like performances were getting better but where we were losing out in the vital head to heads with other struggling teams in key games.

It is looking like Jack and James have recruited well, identified our weak spots and rectified those and brought in a few other good young players and some players in their mid-20s with some first team experience and now not as much rests of the homegrown youngsters shoulders. we've still not passed the points threshhold where I think Jack's job becomes safe even if we go down narrowly, but at the moment it is looking like if we can play the way we have done in our last 4 or 5 games then we should pick up enough wins in March to start climbing off 10th place.

Well done Jack.

Loving the honesty.....  right Top Cat it's you're turn..

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It's always nice to get praise, especially from a manager who's side have just lost to us.

Not convinced our new best friend would have been so full of praise had they lost today. :whistle

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While the "Jack Ross must go" thread was way off the mark at the time, this thread is still, IMO, too early.

There's no doubt the signs are improving, but didn't we beat Hibs early in the season with a "shambles" of a squad?

The end of the season should be a time to reflect and assess the performance of the manager.

We are still very much in trouble, this Wednesday brings yet another "must win" game. (Not the last this season I fear)

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, but it should be tempered with some level of reality.

Why should it be tempered?

Genuinely interested.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Optimism is purely subjective, the reality is we are still in trouble.

You havent answered my question.

What is the advantage of fans tempering their optimism?

I want to see Kirkcaly rocking on Wednesday night from half an hour before the match just like before the Falkirk game away a few years back. I want to see nothing but 100% belief from the fans and the players from here on in until we are either safe or relegated.

Optimism is our best chance.

This is not the time to be traditionally Scottish.

We all need to go to Kirckaldy absolutely focussed on crushing this team to ensure they dont start picking up points later in the season.

You dont do that without having unconstrained optimism.

Edited by oaksoft

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You havent answered my question.

What is the advantage of fans tempering their optimism?

You didn't say advantage? :1eye

You, on the other hand, didn't answer my question? :lol:

PS You continually deride anything "traditionally Scottish" which is strange as Scotland, pro rata, has been pretty successful in many areas. :blink:

Are you English? :whistle

Edited by faraway saint

The standard of signings in January is looking to be remarkable: McGinn, Davis, Smith, O'Brien and Demetrios in particular. If we do stay up then it'll be pretty much down to those bits of business.

A two footed, unknown, Cypriot full back who rampages forward to score 2 goals to see off the league leaders... I mean come on!