QOS v St Mirren Sat 18th March

A great 3 points and while a wee bit disappointed at the other results that soon wore off. Rode our luck a bit in the first half but the 2nd was pretty comfortable.

Special mention for Kyle Magennis. He doesn't have as high a profile as Mallan or Morgan but he's a great player who hardly ever puts in anything but a good performance. I'd have him in the team every week.

25 minutes ago, Irate-Pirate said:

What today's results show is that the home games we have against Ayr,Dumbarton and Raith are going to be tough,tough games.

Some people seem to think it's a guaranteed 9 points.

Anyway, great result today. Is the pitch invader spending the weekend in Dumfries? ? ?

Someone said to me at halftime that he had Mallan for 1st goal . They also said he ran on the pitch with his bookie slip in hand . If there's any truth to this , which I doubt , I imagine the bookie slip has now been lost on his wee trip to the cop shop ( in the pollis pocket ) . Quite funny .

10 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

How much is a return from North Berwick? Good effort bud.

£43.10.  On final leg back home after 6 pubs in Dumfries. A party train to Newcastle to get a return from Carlisle to Edinburgh. Well done the saints shame about the other results but we're still in it. Should be in NB for a pint by 9.30pm planning for the cup final next week.

COYS

:withstupid

37 minutes ago, Irate-Pirate said:

What today's results show is that the home games we have against Ayr,Dumbarton and Raith are going to be tough,tough games.

Anyway, great result today. Is the pitch invader spending the weekend in Dumfries? ? ?

The guy managed to make it back into the crowd, down one of the tunnels, through the doors and out of the ground! Unfortunately for him he was dragged back by the stewards 30 seconds later.

Let's hope our escape attempt is slightly more successful.

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Someone said to me at halftime that he had Mallan for 1st goal . They also said he ran on the pitch with his bookie slip in hand . If there's any truth to this , which I doubt , I imagine the bookie slip has now been lost on his wee trip to the cop shop ( in the pollis pocket ) . Quite funny .

Some one did run on the park when Mallon scored

40 minutes ago, Irate-Pirate said:

Do you really think so.

Things are tight from 5th Place Down.

5   Queen of South 29   5 3 7 20 24   4 5 5 16 17   -5 35
6   Dunfermline 28   4 6 4 22 21   3 5 6 14 17   -2 32
7 Up Raith Rovers 29   6 4 5 17 18   2 4 8 11 22   -12 32
8 Down Dumbarton 29   4 6 5 16 17   3 4 7 23 30   -8 31
9   Ayr United 28   3 3 8 11 25   3 7 4 15 19   -18 28
10   St Mirren 29   3 5 7 12 20   3 4 7 19 26   -15 27

A lot could happen yet. Tough time ahead but hope springs eternal until the arithmetic says otherwise.

Dreadful first 30 mins today, really nervous and we struggled on the fake grass. 

Changed shape and moved Magennis infield to give extra man in the centre of the park and it really helped. 

2nd half we were dominant and got the ball down and played some tidy stuff. Mallan, Magennis and McGinn ran the show in midfield. 

MOTM had to be Lewis Morgan though. Great direct play, thought he was outstanding in the 2nd half. 

Grat support who are 100% behind the team and Jack Ross. Even when players made mistakes they were cheering trying to lift them, tremendous backing today. 

Edited by davidg
Edited because we don't have a Kyle McGennis.

As above Davidg. Couldn't believe we went in ahead at half time.

Second half was much more comfortable and fans were brilliant, as were Morgan, Mallan and McGinn.

Long way to go but the clubs 'marketing team' should be trying to fill the stadium for the Ayr and Dumbarton games in particular. We are on a roll!

Great fun today. :o

Edited by Gordon Urquhart

Due to family/work balance have only managed about 25% of matches last few seasons but felt the last few weeks to make a concerted effort to attend as (Every Little Helps) in terms of supporting the team.

Managed to make 5 of last 6 only missed Hibs game but really think this is a joint effort from players, management and fans we all seem to be as one at the minute.

It's a journey I'm glad to be part of but know that there will be a Raith Rovers type result/performance somewhere along the next few weeks(during first half today thought it might be today).

Quick mention to Lewis Morgan on his performance today absolutely outstanding.

Any Saints fans not at game have a look at QOTS match report on their official website very complimentary on our support,Morgan and Saints in general.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Dreadful first 30 mins today, really nervous and we struggled on the fake grass. 

Changed shape and moved Magennis infield to give extra man in the centre of the park and it really helped. 

2nd half we were dominant and got the ball down and played some tidy stuff. Mallan, Magennis and McGinn ran the show in midfield. 

MOTM had to be Lewis Morgan though. Great direct play, thought he was outstanding in the 2nd half. 

Grat support who are 100% behind the team and Jack Ross. Even when players made mistakes they were cheering trying to lift them, tremendous backing today. 

I take it TC wasn't there.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

If we survive this season, those of us who stayed supportive during the dark days will have many proud and happy memories of doing our part to help the team.

3 hours ago, ron said:

I think this is right.......but i didnt appreciate we still have at least 9th place still in our own hands........i thought we were dependant on others.

If Ayr and Dumbarton draw next week we are 2 points off ayr with same games played. so if we beat them when we play them and then equal or better results in remaining games we are ok. IF a draw we are 5 pnts behind dumbarton with a game in hand and still to play them.

If ayr win then it means dumbarton just 4 ahead and we have the game in hand. ayr still catchable if they drop points in their game in hand against dundee utd away.

If dumbarton win then ayr now can be overtaken when we play them.

So its all good now?........or have i missed something

We still have up to 7th in our own hands I believe. Remember most of those sides in the mix with us still have to play each other, so one or both must drop points in several matches to come. 

Don't know how many of us were down there today but that was as good an away support as I can remember. The singing was non-stop and the atmosphere created by it was unbelievable.

Players want to play for that. You can see it in their body language and efforts on the park.

Today was brilliant, even though the other scores were a boot in the baws. If we can keep that up in the stands then I'm sure the players will continue to respond with their best on the park and that might just be good enough to get us out of this thing. If not? So be it.

The fact that there are still threads running debating Jack's suitability to be the manager at this stage of the season, in the middle of the run we're on, and needing everyone pulling together is, quite frankly, f**king ridiculous.

If we go down there will be plenty of time for recriminations and "I told you so's" but in the meantime why can't we just give it a rest and enjoy some of the best football and atmospheres we've had in a long while?

3 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Long way to go but the clubs 'marketing team' should be trying to fill the stadium for the Ayr and Dumbarton games in particular. We are on a roll!

Campbell will hold a dinner, but in reality we should be pushing these tickets big time especially with the added footfall for cup final tickets. 

Do a 2 game package or 3 games if you had included the cup final. But Saints and marketing doesn't really happen. We will give away 2000 free tickets and the atmosphere will be like a morgue.

Great second half today. Magennis, Mallan and Morgan were superb. The latter having skinned their right back about 50 times by the end of the game.

Also special mention to Stephen McGinn. What a player and what a leader.