QOS v St Mirren Sat 18th March

Just now, renfrew said:

Great result today but still feels like a boot in the baws after seeing the other results :(

A bit, but there are now four catchable teams above us and if we keep picking up points, they can't all get better results than us every week.

Just now, Thorizaar said:

A bit, but there are now four catchable teams above us and if we keep picking up points, they can't all get better results than us every week.

That is true but I worry about playing Dumbarton more than Ayr.

Well I'm glad I proved a lucky charm :D

Thought that was an excellent win. Deserved to win through bossing the parts of the match that mattered and being clinical with chances.

First half was iffy, Baird and Mackenzie looked like an accident waiting to happen - they couldn't handle Dobbie and nearly sold O'Brien down the river with two or three appalling backpasses. But second half they upped their game and McGinn shielded them well, while Queens became easier to defend against because Irvine and Eckersley were absolutely rock solid in the full back positions so they had to funnel all their attacks through the middle.

Would probably pick Lewis Morgan for man of the match, he got in behind their defenders all afternoon and won the crucial penalty, but Mallan finished his chance brilliantly and kept the midfield humming over well. Didn't feel like Loy and Smith got into it as much but Saints easily did enough, controlled the game well once they were 2 up.

That puts you in a much more positive position and I'm delighted. The fans were absolutely brilliant, made one hell of a noise and never stopped singing. Good luck for the rest of the season and I daresay I'll be visiting Paisley before too long.

Was hoping to be off the bottom of the table tonight but we are now between one and five points off the four teams above us.

We play three of the four of those teams at home in the last quarter

We just need to keep the faith and stay patient. We are picking up the results we need now - just need to get a wee bit of a break elsewhere to speed the great escape up!

19 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

After another great victory we've only made up ground on Dumbarton.

It's going to  be a tough battle for survival - if we did not already know it!

it won't be a tough battle for survival.

if we keep getting results then we'll stay up

if ayr, Dumbarton and raith also get results then we'll all overtake dunfermline and queens!

Edited by mcdowell76

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Wouldn't be hugely surprised if Ayr go and win their game in hand against Dumbarton now and we move into the last 7 games 4 points behind the 2 teams above us.

Why - Dumbarton's draw at league leaders Hibs was as impressive as Ayr's win against a mid-table outfit like Dunfermline. It might work out the way you predict but Dumbarton will have as much to play for as Ayr - if Ayr win they'd go level with Dumbarton but with a game in hand. I wouldn't foresee that game being anything less than blood&thunder  from both sides.