Periscope

HSS

What are the rules concerning showing football on Periscope?You can watch football from all round the world on it with absolutely no problems,in fact i remember a cup replay between Killie and sevco which was shown and was advertised on Radio Scotlands sports show.

Was the guy who told Div to stop broadcasting within his rights?

38 minutes ago, HSS said:

What are the rules concerning showing football on Periscope?You can watch football from all round the world on it with absolutely no problems,in fact i remember a cup replay between Killie and sevco which was shown and was advertised on Radio Scotlands sports show.

Was the guy who told Div to stop broadcasting within his rights?

You aren't allowed to film or stream from a football match, pretty sure it's written as such on the back of the ticket. Similarly you aren't allowed to take photos at a game either, and nor are you allowed to be under the influence of alcohol when attending a football match.

So, pretty much jobsworth stuff but by the letter of the law he was within his rights to tell me to stop filming.

I can see this becoming more and more of an issue as technology keeps progressing.

I watched the 2nd half on periscope.It seemed to be 2 Raith fans filming from a TV,it even had replays.It seemed to be connected to RRFC,maybe taken from RRFC TV.

What's the difference?

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

I watched the 2nd half on periscope.It seemed to be 2 Raith fans filming from a TV,it even had replays.It seemed to be connected to RRFC,maybe taken from RRFC TV.

What's the difference?

Naw.

It was a Buddie called David now living in Spain, periscoping - using HIS RRTV broadcast.

You were listening mostly to the RRTV commentators, though 'David' did speak sometimes - and he sang OWTS, too! 

And he was as unhappy as the rest of us - also said he would do periscope again, when and if possible.

(He was just lucky, I suppose, that there wasn't a Fife Jobsworth lurking in his living room...)

16 minutes ago, antrin said:

Naw.

It was a Buddie called David now living in Spain, periscoping - using HIS RRTV broadcast.

You were listening mostly to the RRTV commentators, though 'David' did speak sometimes - and he sang OWTS, too! 

And he was as unhappy as the rest of us - also said he would do periscope again, when and if possible.

(He was just lucky, I suppose, that there wasn't a Fife Jobsworth lurking in his living room...)

That'll explain that then.Cheers Ching.

3 hours ago, div said:

You aren't allowed to film or stream from a football match, pretty sure it's written as such on the back of the ticket. Similarly you aren't allowed to take photos at a game either, and nor are you allowed to be under the influence of alcohol when attending a football match.

So, pretty much jobsworth stuff but by the letter of the law he was within his rights to tell me to stop filming.

I can see this becoming more and more of an issue as technology keeps progressing.

It's a battle the authorities simply cannot and will not win.

Too many people are doing this now and they can't remove hundreds of people at a game.

They should have the good grace to back down over Periscope.

The fear is that people will watch Periscope rather than go to the game but with respect, the quality of footage is not good enough for this and probably never will be.

By all means stop anyone bringing in £40,000 worth of recording equipment but shaky and slightly out of focus footage from a guy holding a phone on an internet link?

Guest TPAFKATS
Too many people are doing this now and they can't remove hundreds of people at a game.
They should have the good grace to back down over Periscope.
The fear is that people will watch Periscope rather than go to the game but with respect, the quality of footage is not good enough for this and probably never will be.
By all means stop anyone bringing in £40,000 worth of recording equipment but shaky and slightly out of focus footage from a guy holding a phone on an internet link?

I think they are more concerned the TV money dries up due to it

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Clearly, there's now a way Div can do his Periscope stuff and the stewards won't touch him. Div simply carries on while the St Mirren support loudly sing 'The cry was no surrender...' or 'Soldiers are we....'

Stewards / polis will do fcuk all.

This isn't about jobsworths and big business for clubs like Raith Rovers and St Mirren.

Both clubs have gone to the trouble of launching their own TV feeds of games. They're well within their rights to try and stop Periscoping.

I'd be disappointed if there came a point where St Mirren TV ceased to be because people were tuning into a Periscope feed instead.

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

This isn't about jobsworths and big business for clubs like Raith Rovers and St Mirren.

Both clubs have gone to the trouble of launching their own TV feeds of games. They're well within their rights to try and stop Periscoping.

I'd be disappointed if there came a point where St Mirren TV ceased to be because people were tuning into a Periscope feed instead.

Fair comment.

Rovers took the time to announce before the match that live filming was illegal and anyone caught doing so would be ejected.

If clubs are intent in chasing TV cash and fans are happy to accept this in silence, we have no right to complain if they enforce the rules our club sought to sign up to.

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

Though my head is inclined to agree with you, my heart prefers that I have access to view a match that is able to be seen around the world, but not in the UK.  

Their tv feeds are not for hoi polloi of this island/these isles, so based on THEIR decision the demise of St Mirren tv won't be hastened by periscope.

I watched the Ayr game from Tenerife and it was magic to be able to stay in touch with what's going on. As has been said, the quality of the footage isn't good enough to prevent fans from travelling to games. I understand the point about clubs being worried re attendances, but it seems to me like another half arsed policy/approach that is thought up on the hoof and creates another us v them situation between football clubs and football fans. Prices at some games are more of an issue (and fair dos to Rovers, their prices are reasonable) in terms of attendance rather than whether someone is filming grainy footage, that's moving in and out of focus, and missing goals (sorry Div).   

3 hours ago, Edinbuddie said:

(and fair dos to Rovers, their prices are reasonable) in terms of attendance rather than whether someone is filming grainy footage, that's moving in and out of focus, and missing goals (sorry Div).   

I took my two adult daughters and one of their boyfriends to bolster the numbers. Had my  4 x £17 quid ready but at only £15 entry that was the Bovril's paid for too. So fair do's to Rovers.

The periscope fiasco was the highlight of the match (Sorry Div). 

I know there are issues with copyright and various betting scams involving mobile phones that the authorities are trying to combat so on one hand I felt sorry for the poor steward who was only trying to do his job but it was funny and the crowd were quick to unite and rip the knitting out of him.

Maybe if enough clubs joined together and worked out a way of making money via advertising to provide a free service for fans who can't make games that could provide a solution. Watching in on periscope is a poor substitute for sitting in a cold fecking stadium on a March winters night watching yir team get cuffed, is it not?

:withstupid

It's all about winning 

If I lived abroad and official club TV live coverage was available there would be no way on earth I'd choose periscope over it.

As helpful as periscope can be it's an extremely poor quality substitute in comparison to a live stream.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

If I lived abroad and official club TV live coverage was available there would be no way on earth I'd choose periscope over it.

As helpful as periscope can be it's an extremely poor quality substitute in comparison to a live stream.

Agreed, and not helped by the total bollox comments made throughout the game. :thumbsdown