Danny Lennon interview

Guest TPAFKATS

20 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Says the forum member who usually called him "Wee clueless" and called for Daniel Lennon's head before and after the League Cup win.

Does your surname begin with a C at all TT?

I shall answer your rather pointed response in four stages, the last being a direct question to you.

1)  You are correct...toward the end of Mr Daniel Lennon's time as our manager I did use the phrase "wee clueless" to describe succinctly my opinion of his management at that time. 

2) Before the league cup win? My assertion to that is that you are simply incorrect.  Is is also of concern that you would actually remember such a post considering the passage of time.  Such behaviour could easily be considered unhealthy at best, I would venture more toward "wierd" and "obsessive" behaviour.  

3)  No

4)  What is your point?

In addition I would also re-iterate the original sentiment of my post where I attempted to convey the warmth with which I have come to regard Mr Daniel Lennon.  I genuinely wish the wee fellow all the best in his future.  

Edited by TediousTom

What a thouroughly dispicable, bitter bunch. 

Vanzy is a wind up he is just laughing at Wardlaw's retort rather than having dig at Danny imo. Maybe not but that's the way I read it.
McShane has always come across as a bit of knob on twitter and Wardlaw may feel he has a right to be agreived. In my mind getting rid of him was the right thing to do.

Suppose I'm just playing devil's advocate with things - for the most part I agree with the decision to bin most of the players Lennon binned over his time with us, was just highlighting that while he feels he was stabbed on the back he wasn't exactly whiter than white on that one himself.
The only one whose reaction on Twitter surprises me is Vanzy, although I wouldn't be surprised if he's mixing it for the state of it!

... with our best ever top 6 squad, full of players who have mostly never finished in the, er, top 6 since leaving St Mirren (Kenny McLean being the only real exception to that rule so far - I do expect John McGinn to also become an exception to that rule as well).

Yeah just after his £10m transfer that we've all been waiting on.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

Vanzy is a wind up he is just laughing at Wardlaw's retort rather than having dig at Danny imo. Maybe not but that's the way I read it.
McShane has always come across as a bit of knob on twitter and Wardlaw may feel he has a right to be agreived. In my mind getting rid of him was the right thing to do.

Exactly, Van Zanten is clearly just having a laugh there.  Wardlaw and McShane are strikers who can't score goals, they would have been out on their arse with or without DL as manager.

15 hours ago, TopCat said:

Got to feel for Danny.

He's likely never going to work in football again, and I suspect he will know that.

So he's resorted to regurgitating desperate stuff that happened 3 years ago to get his name in the paper.

Nice guy, but never a football manager.

Yet won more major trophies than almost every manager working in the SPFL today.

He underperformed right enough...

Edited by Soctty

17 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm afraid that's how it seems to work in fitba. Bit of a bummer, but mediocre journeymen should never take anything for granted.

To be fair to Wardlaw, I'm certain he would've done better than the guy who replaced him, wouldn't he???

#Thommohawk

5 minutes ago, Lanarkshire_Bud said:

Lennon badly underestimated the league in his first season and credit to him, he recognised that and binned his duds ASAP.,

He then brought in a significantly higher quality of player in his second year and did well for us.

His final season he signed an absolute pile of shite.

He did but he recognized it and brought in youngsters like Kelly & Naismith who turned that season round for us.

For me his main strength was recognizing when he'd made mistakes and not ploughing on with the same formula and saying he was a professional and knew better than us.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

He did but he recognized it and brought in youngsters like Kelly & Naismith who turned that season round for us.

For me his main strength was recognizing when he'd made mistakes and not ploughing on with the same formula and saying he was a professional and knew better than us.

His strength was always keeping his ego in check. He wasn't stubborn like the previous manager and was fully able to accept and make changes when he had made a blunder. That has to be respected if nothing else.

1 hour ago, Lanarkshire_Bud said:

Lennon badly underestimated the league in his first season and credit to him, he recognised that and binned his duds ASAP.,

He signed Darren McGregor, Craig Samson, Paul McGowan, Jim Goodwin, David Van Zanten & Marc McAusland in his first close season.

All played a major part during Lennon's reign with 5 playing in the League Cup win (only injury scuppered McGregor).

Edited by mcdowell76

Wouldn't Danny Lennon, instead of bemoaning his cruel luck nearly 4 years ago at not having a contract renewed, be better trying to acquire gainful employment preferably in a sphere not connected to football ? Perhaps he is like many in that "industry" (lol) who are able to sail through periods - perhaps like those in the acting profession - of inactivity by golfing, punditry ( another lol) or anything else other than 9 to 5, I wouldn't know. Whatever it may be, please spare us the tiresome diatribes and join the real working world.

35 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Wouldn't Danny Lennon, instead of bemoaning his cruel luck nearly 4 years ago at not having a contract renewed, be better trying to acquire gainful employment preferably in a sphere not connected to football ? Perhaps he is like many in that "industry" (lol) who are able to sail through periods - perhaps like those in the acting profession - of inactivity by golfing, punditry ( another lol) or anything else other than 9 to 5, I wouldn't know. Whatever it may be, please spare us the tiresome diatribes and join the real working world.

Danny Lennon was told in May 2014 his contract would not be renewed when it ran out 2 weeks later. That's not nearly 4 years ago for a start. In the time since leaving St Mirren he has worked at Alloa, and a short time with Scotland U21s and at Airdrie when their manager was unwell.

Many at the time applauded SG for getting rid of Danny without requiring a pay off by letting his contract run out and keeping him in post until a week or two before it expired. Contrast that scenario with the club paying Tommy Craig 2 years salary as manager for 6 months work (most of it rank rotten as well).

Guest TPAFKATS

Our Ex-Chairman posted on twitter that he doesn't fully agree with DL's version of events however he prefers a dignified silence for the good name of SMFC.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Our Ex-Chairman posted on twitter that he doesn't fully agree with DL's version of events however he prefers a dignified silence for the good name of SMFC.

SG....

Dignified silence....

:lol:

33 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

This is the same dignified silence stance he's been taking since leaving the post then, aye? 

A ridiculous notion anyway when he was stood in the POTY party in the Uni an hour after the last game of Danny's tenure openly discussing with several around us the fact that the board were meeting on the following Monday to decide his future and if he got his way, Danny would be out on his ear. It was a truly classy and dignified stance to take. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, djchapsticks said:

It certainly isn't irrelevant when we're continuing to try and rebuild from the catastrophic decisions made. 

Tommy Craig is this generation's Davie Hay

It is mate

Or do u believe everything you read in the papers now?

The decisions were made by people who have no say in the present, and last time I looked Tommy Craig wasn't in the dug out.....

Stick with Jack, he is our rebuild

Guest TPAFKATS
SG....
Dignified silence....
[emoji38]

This is the same dignified silence stance he's been taking since leaving the post then, aye? 
A ridiculous notion anyway when he was stood in the POTY party in the Uni an hour after the last game of Danny's tenure openly discussing with several around us the fact that the board were meeting on the following Monday to decide his future and if he got his way, Danny would be out on his ear. It was a truly classy and dignified stance to take. 

Dignified silence was my term.
Here's the tweets (he's not replying to me btw [emoji6])
a527c7ce20324e0fee0634c8a44bc60b.jpg

I wonder if he agrees or disagrees with Thommo and Teales version of events. They can't all be wrong, can they? [emoji848]

Gilmour and Co treated Danny like shite at the end of his tenure. Regardless of whether we think it was time for him to go or otherwise, it wasn't necessary, and it was very shabby indeed. As for their choice of replacement....

29 minutes ago, Drew said:

Gilmour and Co treated Danny like shite at the end of his tenure. Regardless of whether we think it was time for him to go or otherwise, it wasn't necessary, and it was very shabby indeed. As for their choice of replacement....

Spot on Drew.  I thought Danny's time was probably up, but his treatment from Gilmour et al was shameful.