Sevco /Celtic We Can Do Without Them

shull

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'd hazard a guess at........

Screenshot_20210330-184428_Chrome.jpeg

You "missed" this bit, just for some balance.....................:byebye

Back in August, Celtic full-back Boli Bolingoli was banned for three matches, with a further two suspended, for travelling to Spain without notifying the club before returning to play against Kilmarnock without quarantining.

Similarly, eight members of the Aberdeen squad were given a suspended three-game suspension for breaching lockdown rules by visiting a bar.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You "missed" this bit, just for some balance.....................:byebye

Back in August, Celtic full-back Boli Bolingoli was banned for three matches, with a further two suspended, for travelling to Spain without notifying the club before returning to play against Kilmarnock without quarantining.

Similarly, eight members of the Aberdeen squad were given a suspended three-game suspension for breaching lockdown rules by visiting a bar.

The Aberdeen players did not breech rules by visiting a bar It was perfectly legal to go to a pub They broke rules by breaking the 2 household rule

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 6:48 AM, faraway saint said:

SLAVIA PRAGUE keeper Premysl Kovar appeared to confirm team mate Ondrej Kudela called Rangers star Glen Kamara a 'f***ing monkey' in a sensational voice recording.

But a bombshell voice recording left by Slavia back-up keeper Kovar, who was one of two keepers on the bench for the visitors, which was released into Czech social media may blow their claim out of the water.

Kovar said in the recording: "We were kept on the field for an hour because of 'Kudy.' He told the man he was a f***ing monkey."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56747993

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Just seen that on the news.

10 games, I'd have banned him for life. If they are serious, lifetime ban would have sent out a stronger message.

Doesn't seem fair that Kamara gets 3 games IMO. 

The governing body's rules state the punishment for racist abuse should be "at least 10 matches", but Kudela's legal team say they are considering filing an appeal and queried the rigour of the investigation.

Edited by faraway saint

On 4/14/2021 at 6:52 PM, faraway saint said:

Just seen that on the news.

10 games, I'd have banned him for life. If they are serious, lifetime ban would have sent out a stronger message.

Doesn't seem fair that Kamara gets 3 games IMO. 

The governing body's rules state the punishment for racist abuse should be "at least 10 matches", but Kudela's legal team say they are considering filing an appeal and queried the rigour of the investigation.

Was there other evidence apart from the two the rangers' players say so? If not then I don't think it would be right to dole out a lifetime ban on opposition players evidence alone. In fact I believe the player is intending to appeal the ten games. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Was there other evidence apart from the two the rangers' players say so? If not then I don't think it would be right to dole out a lifetime ban on opposition players evidence alone. In fact I believe the player is intending to appeal the ten games. 

I don't really care what YOU think.

It was very obvious the player used a racist term (fecking monkey) so I THINK he should be banned for life.

I do hope his appeal results in a more severe punishment, 

I don't really care what YOU think.
It was very obvious the player used a racist term (fecking monkey) so I THINK he should be banned for life.
I do hope his appeal results in a more severe punishment, 

Second half of your statement...
Yes please. That would be justice.

First half.... Big difference between "obvious" and "provable beyond all reasonable doubt"!

I'd have loved the racist B to get hammered. I agree... It's obvious he was guilty...

but unless it can be proven, caution has to be used.

10 game is a slap on the wrist. Nowhere near what was deserved... But under the circumstances, I understand it.

Like you, I hope his appeal backfires.

27 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

First half.... Big difference between "obvious" and "provable beyond all reasonable doubt"!

I'd have loved the racist B to get hammered. I agree... It's obvious he was guilty...

10 game is a slap on the wrist. Nowhere near what was deserved... But under the circumstances, I understand it.

I understand 100% there's a big difference mate, they felt there was enough to give him the 10 games, the MINIMIUM on racist incidents.

It's a cop out, a chance to prove they are serious about stamping out this stuff.

TBH I'm disappointed his club and team mates, especially the black players, haven't done more. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I didn't see this incident but if they've found enough evidence to hit him with a 10 game ban then they have enough evidence to ban him for life.

I think this is probably the only message they can send out which will work - particularly in these Eastern European countries where racism seems to be even more of a problem than over here.

I understand 100% there's a big difference mate, they felt there was enough to give him the 10 games, the MINIMIUM on racist incidents.
It's a cop out, a chance to prove they are serious about stamping out this stuff.
TBH I'm disappointed his club and team mates, especially the black players, haven't done more. :rolleyes:

I'll start by saying that I believe that he is guilty. However, there is no evidence apart from 2 opposition players saying he said it, so I don't really see how they are able to find him guilty of it. To find a player guilty solely on the say so of opposition players is ridiculous. It doesn't matter how reprehensible the (alleged) comment is, it shouldn't change the amount if evidence required. To me, they have started down a slippery slope here.

I didn't see this incident but if they've found enough evidence to hit him with a 10 game ban then they have enough evidence to ban him for life.
I think this is probably the only message they can send out which will work - particularly in these Eastern European countries where racism seems to be even more of a problem than over here.
Agreed.
As Slarti said, the evidence is at best circumstansial. A 10 game ban on that is a dangerous measure. It truly is a hornet's nest either way.

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agreed.
As Slarti said, the evidence is at best circumstansial. A 10 game ban on that is a dangerous measure. It truly is a hornet's nest either way.

I suppose the appeal will iron out how strong their evidence really is.

It's a tough one for the authorities though. Racists are generally clever enough to make sure they engage in this stuff when nobody else can hear and/or with their hand over their mouths. Their team-mates won't give them up and the opposition can't be trusted so if the ref or linesmen don't hear it and TV is inconclusive it's difficult to see any justice being done.

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agreed.

Oh, I meant to add. A much bigger problem is racism coming from the crowds.

That is much easier to identify and punish. Certainly no club found guilty of racism from the crowd should be allowed anywhere near European competition and there should be strict liability on that score. Same with sectarianism or coins/bottles etc thrown onto the pitch.