Emergency loan striker?

Today we created loads of chances, yet again, but could not score with any of them. Our defence and midfield have improved dramatically but up front we are garbage. Our top striker has 6 League goals for the whole season (way down the scoring charts) and for the fourth game in succession he did not have 1 attempt on goal even passing it within the six yard box. Should we do a Hibs and bring in an emergency loan as the 'strikers' we have simply refuse to shoot?

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Today we created loads of chances, yet again, but could not score with any of them. Our defence and midfield have improved dramatically but up front we are garbage. Our top striker has 6 League goals for the whole season (way down the scoring charts) and for the fourth game in succession he did not have 1 attempt on goal even passing it within the six yard box. Should we do a Hibs and bring in an emergency loan as the 'strikers' we have simply refuse to shoot?

Unfortunately we are not Hibs , so we don't have a hope in Hell 

Total bullshit. Our strikers got shots away when they could. Generally dunf defended very well.

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Loy needs to have the confidence to hit the bloody thing rather than trying to take two touches while defenders are closing him down.

Confidence comes from playing and scoring. Time is precious but it might be that all that's needed for Loy to do what Loy did previously in this division is just a little bit of it.

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Loy needs to have the confidence to hit the bloody thing rather than trying to take two touches while defenders are closing him down.

Chances were squandered , that is certain . Even Gary Irvine was in a good position to launch it in a DVZ stylie but passed it instead and the window of opportunity closed. Wee Stevie got a couple of really good dead ball positions to score from but again the chances were squandered, it was very frustrating to watch , especially the passing in the 6 yard box. .FFS

Get it sorted Scott. .

20 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I'm more surprised that TC hasn't been on to debunk your stats. He played a blinder on the SPFL managers trophy count emoji23.png

TC has a blind spot for Sutton. Any other main striker who had only scored 6 league goals all season and rarely even has attempts on goal would have been given pelters. We are relying on everyone else to have a go.

I do not expect us to sign or even contemplate going for a loan striker at this stage. The point I am raising is that our 'strikers' are pretty awful and we rely on everyone else to score. 

We have 3, possibly 4, 'strikers' on the books:

David Clarkson - 1 League goal all season (now out injured so total liable to stay at 1).

Rory Loy - 1 League goal for us (and 3 for Dundee).

John Sutton - 6 League goals all season.

Maybe include Cammy Smith - 0 League goals.

That gives us 8 League goals for the season from our current strike force. 9 goals scored at Home by the whole team all season. No wonder we are where we are.

We complain bitterly about defensive mistakes but when the strikers don't even have attempts on goal then you have your work cut out. We are creating chances and getting players in position but they friggin well refuse to shoot - that is my frustration.

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I do not expect us to sign or even contemplate going for a loan striker at this stage. The point I am raising is that our 'strikers' are pretty awful and we rely on everyone else to score. 

We have 3, possibly 4, 'strikers' on the books:

David Clarkson - 1 League goal all season (now out injured so total liable to stay at 1).

Rory Loy - 1 League goal for us (and 3 for Dundee).

John Sutton - 6 League goals all season.

Maybe include Cammy Smith - 0 League goals.

That gives us 8 League goals for the season from our current strike force. 9 goals scored at Home by the whole team all season. No wonder we are where we are.

We complain bitterly about defensive mistakes but when the strikers don't even have attempts on goal then you have your work cut out. We are creating chances and getting players in position but they friggin well refuse to shoot - that is my frustration.

This.  Saturday was a prime example. How many times we want to take two or three touches . Just f**kin hit it !!!

Found this article from Loys time with Carlisle . A difficult spell where he suffered a leg break.  He says he learned a lot from his time at The Old Rankers , training with McCoist & Miller.  Sorry Rory , but you obviously didnt learn enough.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/Rory-Loy-Old-Firm-heroes-can-make-me-a-hit-with-Carlisle-Utd-2a95006c-850d-41d0-b404-5484378a81c1-ds

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Hear, Hear! It was the same against Raith on Wednesday. Too many touches no one prepared to dig the ball into the net!

:withstupid

Wot, volleyball style? Over the net is generally better if that is the case.