Emergency loan striker?

Loving all the expert opinions that show exactly where we are going wrong and how easy it is to fix it.

Now obviously I don't have your in depth knowledge of the game or what happens on the training field... But if I may be so bold:

Any chance we could encourage and support the players we have rather than talking them down and undermining them?

Lewis Morgan was the biggest culprit on Saturday by trying to pass the ball into the net.

I suppose we should bin him too? Waster!

Mind you... If the lad had confidence then perhaps he would have scored?

Confidence? Naaaah... Better to slate the players and have them live down to our low expectations than actually support and encourage them.

2 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

If we could get an emergency striker who would we get?

Let have some names.

Lee Griffiths is struggling for a start at Celtic ( I am joking ) . 

Even if this was a starter , which I doubt , I can't think of anyone within our budget that could make huge difference . No one that's playing in this country anyway . 

We have failed to score in our last two games. Prior to that we had failed to score only once in 16 games, and had scored 18 goals in our previous 9 games. The goals will come again, and it's worth pointing out that we've had two from Stelios, two from Davis and one each from Baird and McKenzie among that lot - we have goals from a number of areas of the pitch. Smith, Morgan, McGinn and Mallan have also scored in that period, as well as Sutton and Loy.

31 minutes ago, Soctty said:

We have failed to score in our last two games. Prior to that we had failed to score only once in 16 games, and had scored 18 goals in our previous 9 games. The goals will come again, and it's worth pointing out that we've had two from Stelios, two from Davis and one each from Baird and McKenzie among that lot - we have goals from a number of areas of the pitch. Smith, Morgan, McGinn and Mallan have also scored in that period, as well as Sutton and Loy.

Exactly... and forwards drawing markers away to create space has helped in many of those cases.

One would almost think that Jack Ross has some kind of tactical plan for the players to work towards... or maybe that goal against Celtic was just the players doing their own thing for the hell of it?

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Loving all the expert opinions that show exactly where we are going wrong and how easy it is to fix it.

Now obviously I don't have your in depth knowledge of the game or what happens on the training field... But if I may be so bold:

Any chance we could encourage and support the players we have rather than talking them down and undermining them?

Lewis Morgan was the biggest culprit on Saturday by trying to pass the ball into the net.

I suppose we should bin him too? Waster!

Mind you... If the lad had confidence then perhaps he would have scored?

Confidence? Naaaah... Better to slate the players and have them live down to our low expectations than actually support and encourage them.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

I applaud Morgan for having a shot on target and anyone else that shoots. His role as a winger, like that of the midfielders (and to a lesser extent the defence), is primarily to set up opportunities for the strikers ie the guys I am referring to. But good for Morgan on having a go when a chances came his way. But the main job of the strikers is to score goals! We have scored the lowest number of goals at home of any team in the League. Just as well that Stelios, Davis, Morgan, Baird, McKenzie et al are scoring (as well as doing their real job of defending) as the strikers are not even having an attempt but relinquishing responsibility when they can. 

And I am encouraging them - I am encouraging them to friggen shoot when they have a chance and stop passing the buck. :)

We would not be in the mess we are in if we had a Lyle or Dobbie in the team - both guys are 34+ but have scored 21 League goals between them in a QoS team that has pretty average players.

I applaud Morgan for having a shot on target and anyone else that shoots. His role as a winger, like that of the midfielders (and to a lesser extent the defence), is primarily to set up opportunities for the strikers ie the guys I am referring to. But good for Morgan on having a go when a chances came his way. But the main job of the strikers is to score goals! We have scored the lowest number of goals at home of any team in the League. Just as well that Stelios, Davis, Morgan, Baird, McKenzie et al are scoring (as well as doing their real job of defending) as the strikers are not even having an attempt but relinquishing responsibility when they can. 
And I am encouraging them - I am encouraging them to friggen shoot when they have a chance and stop passing the buck. [emoji4]
We would not be in the mess we are in if we had a Lyle or Dobbie in the team - both guys are 34+ but have scored 21 League goals between them in a QoS team that has pretty average players.

And for a large part of the season they have been playing in a confident team that has been creating chances for them.

It wasn't that long ago we were creaming ourselves at the mere possibility of Sutton signing.

Mind you.. It is not that long ago many felt Danny had done as much as he could and could be easily replaced.

I suppose Wardlaw, Ball, Marwood et al could always be recalled!

Smith reminds me of McGowan when he first came to us. Both linked play up well in the number 10 position but the two of them lack the goals that are going to take them to the next level and as can be seen by Gowser a bottom 6 SPL team is his level, as good as Smith has been in spells of some games he too looks as if he lacks the goals and killer pass.

Were we better on Saturday when we went to 442 with Loy through the middle or are we better 4-4-1-1 with Smith off Sutton? 

Smith reminds me of McGowan when he first came to us. Both linked play up well in the number 10 position but the two of them lack the goals that are going to take them to the next level and as can be seen by Gowser a bottom 6 SPL team is his level, as good as Smith has been in spells of some games he too looks as if he lacks the goals and killer pass.
Were we better on Saturday when we went to 442 with Loy through the middle or are we better 4-4-1-1 with Smith off Sutton? 

Smith off Sutton for me. He has a bit of pace and dig and can move into a flat 4 midfield if needed later in game.