Scotland Football Club

shull

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As it stands, Group F

Sunday see's Denmark v Moldova (5pm) Austria v Faroe's (7:45pm) and Israel v US (7:45pm)

Israel have allowed some supporters into games, I certainly noticed the difference when watching the 2nd half of their game last night. 

image.png.121e825cbba2b36f959e2ea00109d5c9.png

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Denmark to draw

Austria to win

Scotland to beat Israel

That’ll do nicely

Hard to see anything other than comfortable wins for Denmark and Austria. We really need a win on Sunday though.

As much as I was a wee bit disappointed with a draw last night, not losing was massive. As I think it was FS said earlier, that really could’ve spelled party over after the first game (daft as that sounds).

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hard to see anything other than comfortable wins for Denmark and Austria. We really need a win on Sunday though.

As much as I was a wee bit disappointed with a draw last night, not losing was massive. As I think it was FS said earlier, that really could’ve spelled party over after the first game (daft as that sounds).

To stay in touch, I agree and a win would also give us an early gap over Israel.

As I've mentioned, we always struggle against them, not saying they are mugs but we have to look to beat them if we really fancy our chances of qualifying. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

To stay in touch, I agree and a win would also give us an early gap over Israel.

As I've mentioned, we always struggle against them, not saying they are mugs but we have to look to beat them if we really fancy our chances of qualifying. 

Yes I think it’s more of a bogey team scenario. They don’t take tankings but most other team of our standing seem to be able to take care of them (with one or two odd exceptions).

Their style of play doesn’t suit us at all. They get men behind the ball and make it difficult and we perennially struggle to break teams like that. What they also have though (unlike most of the other “smaller” teams) is a couple of players who can really hurt you on the break. In most of the games against them that we have struggled in, we have pretty much dominated the game only to get rope a doped at some point. 
Scott McTominay’s post match interview said it all.

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes I think it’s more of a bogey team scenario. They don’t take tankings but most other team of our standing seem to be able to take care of them (with one or two odd exceptions).

Their style of play doesn’t suit us at all. They get men behind the ball and make it difficult and we perennially struggle to break teams like that. What they also have though (unlike most of the other “smaller” teams) is a couple of players who can really hurt you on the break. In most of the games against them that we have struggled in, we have pretty much dominated the game only to get rope a doped at some point. 
Scott McTominay’s post match interview said it all.

He speaks very well indeed. There's our future Scotland captain right there.

Love the attitude and the confidence.

We should not fear anyone because like he said, we have players in our squad playing at the highest level in the game. The belief within the team now compared to what it was when Clarke took over is like night and day. 

He's also right about Israel. Stop worrying about what they can do to us and go and take them apart. That should be the attitude from the first minute.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

He speaks very well indeed. There's our future Scotland captain right there.

Love the attitude and the confidence.

We should not fear anyone because like he said, we have players in our squad playing at the highest level in the game. The belief within the team now compared to what it was when Clarke took over is like night and day. 

He's also right about Israel. Stop worrying about what they can do to us and go and take them apart. That should be the attitude from the first minute.

I would suggest we have half a team who are playing in the English Premiership. 

(Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McTominay & Armstrong as you won't have a clue)

The rest, hardly.

We had the same players before Clarke took over, that didn't go too well.

You have a point about Clarke as, IMO, it's down to the manager, IMO, who, like all good managers, gets the best from what he has at his disposal. 

As for taking Israel apart, I'll assume you don't have a clue, again, how they have performed over the last. let's say, couple of years? 

They've had one tonking, (4-0 away to Poland) another 2 matches they've lost by 2 goals, including Thursdays result against Denmark, and the other defeats are by the odd goal.

They don't win too many games but they, as @TPAFKA Jersey 2 has indicated, are well organised with a couple of players who can turn the game and, as you don't believe that the past can influence the future ,you won't see anything to worry about as we ALWAYS struggle against them. 

Last 2 and a bit years we've played them and we've only managed to beat them ONCE over 90 minutes. 

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Israel 19/10, Scotland 31/20 and the draw 21/10

Seems the bookies see his as a "heads or tails" game, same as me. 

I don't think we'll lose but can we win? :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t normally say this ahead of a game against Israel, but I think we will win tonight. I even think there is a small chance we might win reasonably comfortably. Particularly IF we can get off the mark quite early.

I’m basing this on the hope that after so many games, Clarke will have worked out how to beat a team that with the best will in the world we ought to be beating. This and the fact that I feel we not only have some really good players now, but more importantly on form good players. 
Here’s hoping. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2