Scotland Football Club

shull

Just seen the goals from the Denmark & Austria games.

Moldova's defence was honking, we'll take about 15 off them. :rolleyes:

Denmark caught Austria on the break and killed them, Austria are no great shakes.

There's still more than a chance we can finish 2nd in this group.

That's my expert analysis after a whole 1 minute highlight clip of our opponents tonight. :lol:

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's a balance, if you keep lumping the ball, ala St Mirren ,you end up with nothing.

Most teams play possession football and most teams, not all get the results in the end. 

We posted earlier that getting a decent result, and performance, would be great.

The results WAS decent, the performance was 50/50 with some concerns in defence for me. 

No don’t get me wrong. I’m not advocating lumping it forward willy nilly. But there was literally umpteen times tonight when the wing back was on for a pass from the midfield, but instead they turned and passed it back to the defence. McGregor was absolutely criminal tonight for it. Any number of times Fraser was completely free on the right wing screaming for the ball. When I say we’re not direct enough I mean we don’t MOVE the ball forward enough, not LUMP it forward. We need to take more chances. Be more adventurous. Especially against a team like the Faroes. We take “patience” to an extreme. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No don’t get me wrong. I’m not advocating lumping it forward willy nilly. But there was literally umpteen times tonight when the wing back was on for a pass from the midfield, but instead they turned and passed it back to the defence. McGregor was absolutely criminal tonight for it. Any number of times Fraser was completely free on the right wing screaming for the ball. When I say we’re not direct enough I mean we don’t MOVE the ball forward enough, not LUMP it forward. We need to take more chances. Be more adventurous. Especially against a team like the Faroes. We take “patience” to an extreme. 

It's fitba, not always straightforward and easier to see from "the stand" than on the park.

I agree, especially in the 1st half, we were pedestrian, but we looked more "direct" overall in the 2nd half.

They, at times, also looked dangerous and were worth a goal TBH.

They did take the lead against Austria remember.

It is what it is, as I said a decent result and reasonable performance with some decent individual performances.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

OMG I just noticed McLean started, I never noticed him till late in the game. :lol:

Pretty much the normal for him IMO. 

The "invisible man" unfortunately. 

He had 79 touches with an 89% pass accuracy rate and was the third highest rated player behind Tierney and McGinn.

You obviously weren’t paying much attention 😆

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He had 79 touches with an 89% pass accuracy rate and was the third highest rated player behind Tierney and McGinn.

You obviously weren’t paying much attention 😆

79 touches, 89% pass accuracy........................yet hardly over the half way line? 

Rated in what way, surely not meaningless touches/passes? 

In fact, who said this...We overplay far too much. If fitba was about making as many backwards passes in 90 minutes then we’d be world champions.  :lol:

Touches and pass accuracy tell us the square root of feck all as, in fact you were shouting loudest, we were fannying about most of the time in the first half. 

A game where we had about 70% possession and he contributed, not a lot. 

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

He was one of the best players on the park Mourinho :lol:

Was he? 

This report seems to have missed his magnificent contribution. :lol:

5 pages of test posts, 2 mentions (in his own half) 

Scotland 4-0 Faroe Islands: Che Adams off the mark in thumping win for hosts - BBC Sport

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

79 touches, 89% pass accuracy........................yet hardly over the half way line? 

Rated in what way, surely not meaningless touches/passes? 

In fact, who said this...We overplay far too much. If fitba was about making as many backwards passes in 90 minutes then we’d be world champions.  :lol:

Touches and pass accuracy tell us the square root of feck all as, in fact you were shouting loudest, we were fannying about most of the time in the first half. 

A game where we had about 70% possession and he contributed, not a lot. 

Was he? 

This report seems to have missed his magnificent contribution. :lol:

5 pages of test posts, 2 mentions (in his own half) 

Scotland 4-0 Faroe Islands: Che Adams off the mark in thumping win for hosts - BBC Sport

That seems to be a very long and unnecessary/unrelated response to a very small point which you seem to have completely and utterly missed.

The stats I quoted were intended to make one point and one point only. That being that if he touched the ball 79 times during the match (more times than the other two midfielders) then it’s rather strange that you never noticed he was playing.

Absolutely no requirement to be so defensive/argumentative. 

Oh and by the way, when did “Solid” and “tidy game” represent “Magnificent performance”.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That seems to be a very long and unnecessary/unrelated response to a very small point which you seem to have completely and utterly missed.

The stats I quoted were intended to make one point and one point only. That being that if he touched the ball 79 times during the match (more times than the other two midfielders) then it’s rather strange that you never noticed he was playing.

Oh and by the way, when did “Solid” and “tidy game” represent “Magnificent performance”.

Not really 

ray charles laugh GIF

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You really shouldn't take everything so literally. 🙄

Argumentive? 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You really shouldn't take everything so literally. 🙄

Argumentive? 😂😂😂

C’mon!! Repeat after me.....

I, Faraway Saint, an erstwhile decent chap of (relatively) sound mind, on 31 March in the year of our lord 2021, did without encouragement or provocation, chat a load of old bollocks on the football forum known as Blackandwhitearmy.

I hereby humbly apologise for said pish talk and make an irrevocable pledge never to talk such unadulterated mince again. 

Then we can put and end to this sorry tale.  😄

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

C’mon!! Repeat after me.....

I, TPAFKA Jersey 2, an erstwhile decent chap of (relatively) sound mind, on 31 March in the year of our lord 2021, did without encouragement or provocation, chat a load of old bollocks on the football forum known as Blackandwhitearmy.

I hereby humbly apologise for said pish talk and make an irrevocable pledge never to talk such unadulterated mince again. 

Then we can put and end to this sorry tale.  😄

Sorted. 👍