Scotland Football Club

shull

On 3/21/2021 at 7:13 AM, faraway saint said:

The new Chelsea manager has suggested Scotland take their young starlet Billy Gilmour to the Euros.

Gilmour has played 34 MINUTES for Chelsea this season. 

Dear Chelsea manager, shut the feck up. 

On 3/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Not even close, he's played 399 MINUTES. emoji1787.png

I await, your "I'm out" reply emoji14.png

I guess what is more relevant in terms of FS’s post, is that the particular manager in question has all but frozen Gilmour out since he arrived. Not even been getting on the bench in league matches. Most of Gilmour’s minutes this season were provided by Lampard.

So whilst I agree with the sentiment of Tuchel’s comment (I’d like to see a talent like Gilmour given a squad place) I also agree with FS that he should shut the f**k up until he starts putting his money where his mouth is. 

The football gods seem to be smiling on us.

We got a rub of the green against the Czechs and it seem Austria will be losing quite a few German based players for the big game tomorrow night.

It would be a great start to get 3 points with two "easier" game coming up straight after, although we do struggle against Israel. (Draw almost a cert)

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The football gods seem to be smiling on us.

We got a rub of the green against the Czechs and it seem Austria will be losing quite a few German based players for the big game tomorrow night.

It would be a great start to get 3 points with two "easier" game coming up straight after, although we do struggle against Israel. (Draw almost a cert)

I must have misheard as I thought the Beeb said the German contingent were ok to travel now.

ETA. It appears not the old firm believe this too.

Austria set to face Scotland with full-strength squad - Not The Old Firm

Edited by stlucifer

I must have misheard as I thought the Beeb said the German contingent were ok to travel now.
ETA. It appears not the old firm believe this too.
Austria set to face Scotland with full-strength squad - Not The Old Firm
Yep, the Germany based players are ok to travel.

Faraway probably misheard due to not having had enough of CM's cookies today resulting in a lower than normal sugar level and a bit of "airheadedness".

Edit: Sorted. [emoji16]

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Scotland 23/10, Austria 23/20 and the draw 12/5

Oh, tempting. :rolleyes:

That is a very tempting price on Scotland. I know fine well Austria are a decent side, but they’re not elite. Scotland have been decent enough recently too though. I was expecting much more even odds than that. Maybe Austria slight favourites even. 

I’ll maybe stick us on as part of a wee treble. 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Israel 0-2 Denmark, comedy defending from Israel after having a very decent opening spell after half time.

That'll be the end of them. 

67n mins. 

0-2 final score.

One things for sure, we do not want to invite Denmark onto us, if we're on the back foot they will find a way through.

Israel did get at them early in the 2nd half, we have to show similar endeavour for longer periods.

Anyhow, the main even starts soon, get into them. 

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Scotland: Marshall, Hendry, Hanley, O'Donnell, Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Dykes, Christie.

I’m quite happy with that line up. Can’t think of any position where I’d be shouting I’d rather have him than him.

As decent as O’Donnell has been for Scotland in recent games, I still think right back is our weak link. For the Faroes game or one of the so called easier games, I’d like to see Armstrong tried at right wing back if we’re still playing 3 at the back. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m quite happy with that line up. Can’t think of any position where I’d be shouting I’d rather have him than him.

As decent as O’Donnell has been for Scotland in recent games, I still think right back is our weak link. For the Faroes game or one of the so called easier games, I’d like to see Armstrong tried at right wing back if we’re still playing 3 at the back. 

I'm in favour of throwing Adams in as he's got something about him IMO.

Aye, it is what it is, plenty will be whining about certain players, I trust Clarke has seen these guys more than your average punter.