Scotland Football Club

shull

:blink:
Aww, is the forum drama queen upset?
Not only did you posts a stupid homophobic comment, you haven't the balls, and that's no surprise, to admit your mistake. 
Now you're scraping around trying to make something from nothing, dear oh dear. [emoji38]
Run along, you've made a fool of yourself enough with your pretentious posts recently. :byebye
Dry yer eyes and wind yer neck in Muppet. It was a joke.

New day and all that... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

13 hours ago, God of war said:

You said Marcus Fraser is better🤣Fraser can defend but his use of ball and distribution is honking. I think he is big part of problem in Saints going forward...would not be in my team...

I agree that one is definitely up for debate. But my original point was that O'Donnell is not international standard and shouldn't be anywhere near our team. 

We have the best squad of players we have had in years, but he isn't at the same level as the rest of the starting X1. 

I also don't get the argument about his effort and making great runs. What is the point of making great runs if you give the ball away or cross into row Z once you get on the end of it. He has absolutely no composure whatsoever. That is the difference between him being PL standard and international class. 

I would rather play one of our better players out of position at RB than O'Donnell. 

Thank god we have Patterson. Fortunately he will be our RB for years barring injury. 

13 hours ago, God of war said:

You said Marcus Fraser is better🤣Fraser can defend but his use of ball and distribution is honking. I think he is big part of problem in Saints going forward...would not be in my team...

Plus, this description of Fraser sounds exactly how most people would describe O'Donnell😀

1 minute ago, Prague Buddie said:

I agree that one is definitely up for debate. But my original point was that O'Donnell is not international standard and shouldn't be anywhere near our team. 

We have the best squad of players we have had in years, but he isn't at the same level as the rest of the starting X1. 

I also don't get the argument about his effort and making great runs. What is the point of making great runs if you give the ball away or cross into row Z once you get on the end of it. He has absolutely no composure whatsoever. That is the difference between him being PL standard and international class. 

I would rather play one of our better players out of position at RB than O'Donnell. 

Thank god we have Patterson. Fortunately he will be our RB for years barring injury. 

Would totally disagree that squad is better than 2013 cup winning side. Also it is a lot weaker than last season. Main, Brophy, Kiltie, Power all poor signings IMO. Havent replaced Durmus and Tait, Flynn all getting older. Erhahon is poor and Cammy has left. I would think this squad has relegation fight all over it.

1 minute ago, God of war said:

Would totally disagree that squad is better than 2013 cup winning side. Also it is a lot weaker than last season. Main, Brophy, Kiltie, Power all poor signings IMO. Havent replaced Durmus and Tait, Flynn all getting older. Erhahon is poor and Cammy has left. I would think this squad has relegation fight all over it.

I am talking about the Scotland squad 😀

Sorry👍😀

3 minutes ago, God of war said:

As for us (Saints)" you are right about that!!!! 

33 minutes ago, Slash said:

SOD very nearly became a TA legend last night but for a great save by their keeper. Considering the fact he has hardly played for his club in the last month I thought he did well. I take your point that he is not first choice, but he stepped up when called upon.

Part of what @Prague Buddie says has been said many times, his, O'Donnells, final ball is dreadful at times but he's a reasonable defender and this gets overlooked.

He was possibly MOTM against England when we needed a strong defender and he also almost scored in that game but let's not talk about that. 

And I'm already convinced Patterson will become our right back for years to come, giving us a real attacking danger from both full backs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • shull changed the title to Scotland Football Club
  • shull changed the title to Scotland v Israel World Cup Qualifier 9/10/21
22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A reminder of the table, beat this lot, we're due a win against them, and that puts them 4 points behind us with 3 games to play. 

image.png.1a2ae927b7eb329c2bbeb769e1640bf9.png

I think we’d also then have a better “head to head” record against both Israel and Austria which would be a huge bonus.

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I think we’d also then have a better “head to head” record against both Israel and Austria which would be a huge bonus.

We would, won 1 drew 1, but we have never really played well against them.

They are no mugs but this is one of them "must win" games.

Israel have already played Denmark twice, another reason we really need a win. 

James McFadden agrees with me...........................

Scotland's best chance of beating Israel is to go after them. Disrupt their play and don't let them settle.

Plenty of people will say 'it's only Israel' but they are a good team. They play out from the back, take risks and in Eran Zahavi they have someone who has scored 11 times in his past 12 caps.

Scotland must not sit back and let them play. In the Euro 2020 play-off semi-final - when Scotland won on penalties - they were good at putting Israel under pressure in their own half.

That night was the best Scotland have been in the four meetings under Steve Clarke. With John McGinn leading that press from midfield and potentially Lyndon Dykes and Che Adams up front, there should be plenty of energy to go and try to win the ball higher up the pitch again.